PDA

View Full Version : Setting up search fields

Riba
September 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hello all - this might be a bit of a basic question, but I am struggling with it and maybe someone can direct me to the right path.

I have a car classifieds and so far three listing types: cars, motorcycles and services. I have a couple of problems. with setting up the search forms/fields. For example, there is a drop-down field names Make/Model which works fine for cars and motorcycles, but not for services of course. It looks like this field is automatically populated with the categories in the corresponding listing type. Obviously I need to create the same field for services which will have a different title - "Type" for example. When editing the Make/Model field I see that it is a system field and cannot be modified. So it is possible to have this field with different titles?

Next, I have deleted all the subcategories (Models) from the Cars listing type, so there are only Makes left. However in the search form there is still a empty drop-down menu for the Model info. How to get rid of it?

Thanks!

Chris Brown
September 13, 2012, 10:19 AM
To remove the second dropdown you will need to go to admin panel/listing types choose to edit cars and then scroll down, there should be an option somewhere on there to change how many category levels you use, I presume it will be set to 2 levels so change it to 1.

Riba
September 13, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks Chris, got it! Now if I can only figure out how to change the Make/Model wording and still keep the same type of search field...

Chris Brown
September 13, 2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks Chris, got it! Now if I can only figure out how to change the Make/Model wording and still keep the same type of search field...

I get what you mean about this, i have the same problem as really on my site it needs a different title for my car parts section. To be honest i havent looked for a solution for this yet.