PDA

View Full Version : hide contact details in top of nova ? how

Pete Young
November 26, 2019, 07:13 AM
I do not wish to use the contact number and email at the top of nova, how would one turn this off please ?

https://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3496&d=1574752345

kiowa
November 26, 2019, 09:43 AM
hello pete,

i went and searched for it in languages and then just removed it by editing the phrase or number.

Pete Young
November 26, 2019, 10:06 AM
Hello kiowa, i tried deleting the wording but the editor just keeps replacing the text if i delete it and leave it blank ? there seems to be no way to delete the field completely that i can see see? unless i am doing something wrong ?

kiowa
November 26, 2019, 10:15 AM
i deleted the phone number completely in the phrase manager after i searched for it. so yes leave it blank. it will remove the number and the icon.

have a look at my home page: boatfind.com .au

Rudi
November 26, 2019, 10:35 AM
To completely remove it (including icons)

go to ftp > templates > your template > tpl > header.tpl

find a row with tag span:

<span class="header-contacts d-none d-md-block font-size-xs font-weight-semibold">

remove this container and everything inside

Pete Young
November 26, 2019, 10:19 PM
For those wanting to do this you can make the changes by just blocking out the parts you do not want, see example below.

in the top part i have commented out the mailto href to remove that and the image but left the lang field open, and in the phone section i have blocked it all out.

this now allows me to now use that part as a message board per say and you can even add urls to the text using html in the languages section > contact_email

example > add my text here and <a href = " https : // mysite.com / " > my link here </a>

Cheers + Thanks to Rudi & Kiowa for the help

<span class="header-contacts d-none d-md-block font-size-xs font-weight-semibold">
{if $lang.contact_email}
{*<a class="color-gray contacts__email mx-3" href="mailto: {$lang.contact_email}">*}
{*<svg viewBox="0 0 12 10" class="mr-1">
<use xlink:href="#envelope-small"></use>
</svg>*}
{$lang.contact_email}
</a>
{/if}
{*{if $lang.phone_number}
<a class="d-lg-none d-xl-inline color-gray contacts__handset mx-3" href="tel: {$lang.phone_number}">
<svg viewBox="0 0 12 12" class="mr-1">
<use xlink:href="#handset"></use>
</svg>
{$lang.phone_number}
</a>
{/if}*}
</span>

Rudi
November 27, 2019, 07:13 AM
Thanks Pete,

Also it can be hidden via css style without accessing tpl file:

go to css > bootstrap.css > .d-md-block { (~1453)

remove:

.d-md-block {
display: block !important;
}

kiowa
November 27, 2019, 09:50 AM
thanx for the code guys.