PDA

View Full Version : Realty Nova Teaser "Too many ads found" box obscured by zoom buttons, obscures search

Graham Jupp
October 29, 2019, 08:34 AM
Just testing realty.demoflynax.com with my iPhone 6 using Realty Nova Teaser and Realty Nova Map templates.

These two templates seem to show a warning box "Too many ads found ... " on "Search on map" page. The warning box text is partly obscured on the right side by the zoom buttons and the close X is also not accessible due to it being obscured (The X is also probably too small to be easily clicked). The box also completely obscures the search box.

Perhaps the warning would be better placed towards the bottom of the map?

I have noticed that the number of ads found on the map is different depending on whether viewing on a computer vs mobile device. Mobile seems to reduce the number of ads available if there are too many (why is this?). Perhaps it might be an idea to add a plus symbol to the end of the number each circle if there are actually more than the mobile can handle ie: (75+). At least this way a user will know there are more than what the number is indicating.

Also, the search box on this map really needs some indicator to show what it is for, as at present its just a long white rectangle. Perhaps if it could be prefilled with some explanatory text something like "Enter a locality here." or similar?

Here's a pic.

Rudi
October 29, 2019, 11:47 AM
Hello,

Create a ticket with this request so that we can solve the problem with warning box

Graham Jupp
October 29, 2019, 12:28 PM
Hello,

Create a ticket with this request so that we can solve the problem with warning box

I don't currently have active support, will that be a problem given that this is a bug report?

Wei Hong
October 29, 2019, 12:30 PM
I don't currently have active support, will that be a problem given that this is a bug report?

Hi Graham,

If it's a bug on Flynax software end, not by your modification, then Flynax will fix it without active support

Viktor
October 30, 2019, 02:14 AM
Hi Graham,

If it's a bug on Flynax software end, not by your modification, then Flynax will fix it without active support

Exactly ;) Thank you Wei! No need support for bug fixing :)

Graham Jupp
October 30, 2019, 03:43 AM
Thanks guys, ticket XGR-992800 has been submitted regarding this issue.

Graham Jupp
October 31, 2019, 03:01 AM
Exactly ;) Thank you Wei! No need support for bug fixing :)

Submitting this bug report ticket is proving to be harder than it would seem. My eSupport login email is a different address to the one registered with my Flynax license. David at Flynax had to change my account license email a few weeks back due to my ISP blackholing Flynax's emails. My eSupport email is still the same one I originally signed up with.

So Natalie at support says she is unable to process until I submit from the same address as my Flynax license address. I would prefer not to have to setup a new eSupport account due to loss of historical data and there appears to be no way for me to change the primary email address at the eSupport ticketing system unless I am missing something?

She also mentioned that I'll need to have active support to process the ticket request. Huh?

There seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through considering I'm trying to submit a bug report?

Rudi
October 31, 2019, 03:33 AM
You can send ftp details to my PM and I'll try to fix it

Graham Jupp
October 31, 2019, 03:43 AM
You can send ftp details to my PM and I'll try to fix it

Hi Rudi, thanks for the offer but I do not even own this template as yet as I have not yet upgraded to the premium templates package. I will likely purchase premium a little later down the track if it comes on sale again and this template is of particular interest to me but in the meantime thought I would check on the functionality of the template on your demo website and found the bug there.

This would be something that would effect all users of this template and really needs to be fixed within the template installer for everyone.

Graham Jupp
October 31, 2019, 11:38 PM
Have been playing with the inspector in Chrome and figured out I can add a pre-filled placeholder wording into the search box by adding in placeholder="Enter location here", although that would obviously only be good for an English only website and would need to figure out something else for multi-language. I'll have to come back to this thread when and if I get some feedback from my ticket regarding the other issue with the warning box.

<input id="pac-input" class="hide" type="text" placeholder="Enter location here" style="display: inline-block; z-index: 0; position: absolute; right: 0px; top: 0px;" autocomplete="off">

Now I just have to figure out what file that is in so I can change it when I do eventually purchase the theme.

Rudi
November 1, 2019, 04:11 AM
Here is the fix for warning box overlapping:

go to your_site_directory > templates > css > style.css > find div.notification (~4484 row)

change:

z-index: 100;

to:

z-index: 101;

then in header.page-header selector (~600 row)

change z-index: 101; to z-index: 102;

you can encrease the number of listings on the map in mobile: Common > Basic Settings > Google Maps > Limit of listings on map (mobile)

Graham Jupp
November 1, 2019, 08:31 AM
Here is the fix for warning box overlapping:

Thanks Rudi, as I don't actually have the template installed yet and can't test the fix I assume this just pops the warning box to the front of all other elements and doesn't move it's vertical position at all?