PDA

View Full Version : Realty Nova Teaser - Front page heading font descenders are chopped at bottom line

Graham Jupp
October 19, 2019, 11:05 PM
Realty Nova Teaser - Front page heading has chopped descenders at bottom line.

Assuming a very quick fix for this issue, if only I knew my way around CSS a little better :)

See:

Wei Hong
October 20, 2019, 07:09 AM
Realty Nova Teaser - Front page heading has chopped descenders at bottom line.

Assuming a very quick fix for this issue, if only I knew my way around CSS a little better :)

See:

You can go to style.css find .horizontal-search h1 and change line-height to 85px, or any number you see fit

Graham Jupp
October 20, 2019, 10:04 PM
Many thanks, I'm still working my way around the inspector in Chrome to figure out how to test these things out before making hard changes to the code, but it's slowly becoming clearer. :)

Pete Young
October 20, 2019, 10:44 PM
Graham, You test them by making the changes in the right panel of chrome, from there once your happy then move onto and change them on your site, always and always make a back up copy of the original file to your pc beforehand just encase you make an error.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqV0js3TjT

Graham Jupp
October 20, 2019, 11:13 PM
Graham, You test them by making the changes in the right panel of chrome, from there once your happy then move onto and change them on your site, always and always make a back up copy of the original file to your pc beforehand just encase you make an error.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqV0js3TjT

Thanks Pete, yeah I had figured that out, but I think I was put off track by the name "horizontal-search" in this instance as it didn't seem to fit with what I was trying to adjust (if I had looked a bit closer at the code originally then I might have noticed).

Always nice to have other members helping out a newbie. :)

Wei Hong
October 21, 2019, 02:58 AM
Many thanks, I'm still working my way around the inspector in Chrome to figure out how to test these things out before making hard changes to the code, but it's slowly becoming clearer. :)

Yea I have been there before just like you, few years ago. You will get used to it soon :D