PDA

View Full Version : Subdomains for users

Jose luis Lau cruz
September 17, 2019, 03:04 AM
Hi. I'd like for every user to be a seller/vendor by default, but would like them to be able to choose a subdomain as an option, not force them to.

www.abcdef.com/optional

How do I do this?

Thank you

Viktor
September 17, 2019, 05:58 AM
Go to Admin Panel >> Basic Settings >> Accounts and find the line: Wildcard subdomains. You need to set YES.

Skorpion
September 17, 2019, 10:33 AM
Hi Viktor,

How to proceed if I want locations in subdomain?

Thank you

Jose luis Lau cruz
September 18, 2019, 02:39 AM
Thanks. But the intention is not to have the system force the user to create a subdomain if they don't want one.

Pete Young
September 18, 2019, 08:42 PM
Thanks. But the intention is not to have the system force the user to create a subdomain if they don't want one.

if you wanted to do that you do it a level above at account type, you would have one account type that did not have an extension option and one account type that did, this way they would choose if they wanted a subdomain or not and based on that they would select the appropriate account type per se.

Jose luis Lau cruz
September 18, 2019, 11:05 PM
Thanks. But, what if a buyer wanted to be a seller in the future, would the person have two accounts with two emails?

Pete Young
September 18, 2019, 11:42 PM
Thanks. But, what if a buyer wanted to be a seller in the future, would the person have two accounts with two emails?

Yes flynax was going to introduce that option and or was thinking about it / you do have that option in admin panel but not in user interface, maybe it could be a mod you can ask about ?

Viktor
September 20, 2019, 02:44 AM
Right now only Administrator can change account type for users.