PDA

View Full Version : All Categories Missing After Deleting One SubCategory

Akram Elsayed
April 22, 2010, 05:46 AM
I deleted the "spiders" subcategory and now ALL my categories disappeared. If you go to browse/view them in the admin, they say none exist. And, if you try to view them in the front end, it shows none exist. If you try to add a new listing, the user has none to choose from. And, when I deleted the spider category, it said "are you sure you want to delete the "spider" category. So I know I didn't accidentally delete any root categories. However, if you go to edit them, it shows them all there except the spider that I deleted. That's the only thing keeping me from having a heart attack. How can I fix plz? Until this fixed, nothing else I can do for my program :cry: Note: some of these titles were renamed by me but I would hope it's not affecting the code.

Edit: I just noticed if you look in picture two, that all the subcategories lost their parent category. Sure, I could add everyone manually, but it will take a long time and will it happen again? Please help!

[attachment=0:4g6zffuv]categories_missing.png[/attachment:4g6zffuv]

Mike
April 28, 2010, 09:15 AM
Hello again,

Very strange issue.. actually first time i see this problem.. so only action in Admin Panel you made is delete one child category?

Please PM me admin panel access i will try to help.

Akram Elsayed
April 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, only deleted one subcategory and all parents are gone now. Thanks Mike F - Just PM'd you my details :D

Akram Elsayed
May 3, 2010, 01:55 AM
Still waiting for someone to take a look at this so I can go live! This problem prevents me from doing anything until resolved! :roll:

Akram Elsayed
May 3, 2010, 09:39 AM
Sweet, Mike fixed my problem! Thanks so much Mike! For some reason all the parent categories were missing in the database. Scary, but everything restored now thanks to Mike! :D

John
May 13, 2010, 10:15 AM
Hello Christina,
Glad to hear that your problem was fixed, we will review this issue in the next software version.
Thanks for assistance.

vaz
June 19, 2010, 08:11 PM
The Same problem happen to me also today, i already sent my details to mike id please rectify this issue soon

vaz
June 19, 2010, 08:17 PM
In my case after submitting few child category's, actually it correctly displayed in front end but in admin "category/browse" i found 2 duplicate child category so i delete one child entry, after that only i came to know that all category are not there.

Actually i only delete child category ! :(

John
June 20, 2010, 05:05 AM
Hi there,
Dear Manikandan Subramanian, could you PM me your server FTP and phpmyadmin access details please, I will try to solve your issue.

John

vaz
June 20, 2010, 06:05 PM
the problem has been fixed immediately :) thanks to linda

enough stuff flynax team has :)

John
August 5, 2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks Linda!