PDA

View Full Version : Power Deals Plugin: Please Join Hands and Get This Plugin Built

Ahmad Raza
August 23, 2012, 09:43 AM
Okay, this feature i believe shall be a unique addition to Flynax, which will certainly improve its desirability/sales as well as usability.

Following is what i suggest and i believe a lot of other users have shown interest in similar plugin on this forum numerous times.

The plugin does not require too much of additional work as it would work in conjunction with normal ads. This feature will work in a way that dealers/shops will be allowed to select a DEALS package, this will further give them options to select certain additional fields. Once ad is posted, the layout of ad shall be somewhat different from normal ads and landing page will look like this

http://s12.postimage.org/cd8iqtiwt/deals.jpg

These deals, will also be given a certain exposure to right column, as you can see and since these deal/ads will also be listed as normal ads, just like featured ads, they will have different color or a badge to them to indicate these are deals.

I am sure, this plugin if developed can eliminate the need of shopping cart and is much easier to develop, all it requires is a special Css for particular package.

If couple of us join hands together and contribute small amount, we can get it done. I can elaborate on its functionality and how it can help us earn a lot. I look forwards to see how this discussion goes.

Regards

John
August 28, 2012, 04:07 AM
Hello Ahmed,

This feature will work in a way that dealers/shops will be allowed to select a DEALS package, this will further give them options to select certain additional fields
Could you explain more about DEALS package and the options/additional fields?

These deals, will also be given a certain exposure to right column, as you can see and since these deal/ads will also be listed as normal ads, just like featured ads, they will have different color or a badge to them to indicate these are deals.
Ok it is one of the DEALS option you mentioned above, innit?
What about ads at the right, are the related to the same owner or fetched there by some other criteria?

I have a few questions:
1. What about ORDER NOW button? What should happens once user click it?
2. What about green box right below it? (This deal can be bought...)?

If couple of us join hands together and contribute small amount, we can get it done.
As you know we don't charge our customers for the features which become as plugins, we will make this plugin if this idea is really good.

John

Ahmad Raza
August 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
Hello Ahmed,

Could you explain more about DEALS package and the options/additional fields?

Think of it as Featured Ads or Premium Ads, but with slightly different layout.

Ok it is one of the DEALS option you mentioned above, innit?
What about ads at the right, are the related to the same owner or fetched there by some other criteria?

The process goes like the normal classified ads. Lets say you are a dealer, and you want to launch a deal/featured ad, you select one of many featured package. From there process goes on in normal way, like a classified ad is placed. The ads at right side are the Deals. You can check the live url here http://bit.ly/I9onoY

I have a few questions:
1. What about ORDER NOW button? What should happens once user click it?
2. What about green box right below it? (This deal can be bought...)?

1: Okay the Order now button further process like how the normal classified ad is processing, it allows you to contact the dealer, however, it might need 1 or two extra fields such as OFFER price.

2: The green box right below is a time line, dealer can set a time or it can be integrated as a field in Deal ads, during the deal creating process, it should allow dealer to list the number of days this deal will stay alive or it should be somewhat in the deal package as a standard 10 days or something.

As you know we don't charge our customers for the features which become as plugins, we will make this plugin if this idea is really good.

John

Feature is really really good, i must say. It adds whole new perspective to classifieds and encourages Dealers and Individuals sell their items like ebay etc. This can be a real cash cow if implemented correctly, classified owners can make real money out of it.

John
August 28, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hello Ahmed,
At first could you post us the direct link to this deal listing? I was unable to find such deal listing on the website :(
About right deals, I guess it is just randomize deals block, not related to the current listing owner.

In general the idea is clear and looks interesting, I think we can make it as a new plugin.
What do you think our other members?

John

Morgan Bohman
August 28, 2012, 07:07 AM
@John, it could be a option for owners/dealers, but I was thinking of an easier one which are for all advertisers, namely when you reduce the price. Could be strike-through on the original price, showing the price under it. Could also be an arrow pointing down. This could happen if the advertiser chooses to lower the price or an option: lower the price with percentage or a sum after X days of advertising or after low views for a period of time down to a bottom price maybe in steps.

So when we are at it, this is a matter of discussion: when you update your listing, maybe because the time is running out, then the listing should be on top again with a new time-stamp, otherwise it will not trigger users to prelong their listings. Today, the listings are in the same place in the cue, if you know what I am talking about. If it is a new payment date, then it will show in recently added but not in New Listings. See the dilemma?

Take a moment to talk about it and I would be glad to here what the users say about this.

Morgan

Ahmad Raza
August 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
Hello Ahmed,
At first could you post us the direct link to this deal listing? I was unable to find such deal listing on the website :(
About right deals, I guess it is just randomize deals block, not related to the current listing owner.

In general the idea is clear and looks interesting, I think we can make it as a new plugin.
What do you think our other members?

John

John, there are two sites, they are basically clone to each other, i shall post you link to both.

1: http://bit.ly/RUbQdF Real site
2: http://bit.ly/OrZshR Clone site, but done extremely well

I have created user accounts on both and i will pm you both. You can click on order button of both listings after logging in to see how it works. You can also click on their normal ads and click on send msg to see how that works..

I don't think its random, because i see same ads in their normal categories with label premium. If you go to this link http://bit.ly/Pn3Wbl under normal listings, you will see one listing in light pink color with label P and F, which represent featured and powerdeals i guess. Once you click on it, you will see these are deals, but if you click on other normal ads in the list, they will open as normal.

So for Power Deals, they have different layout, but rest is pretty much same. May be creating a power deal package in admin side and then tweaking the ad layout of power deals product pages, this can be achieved.

The idea is extremely good, in all honesty. I shall repeat it can put our classified sites ahead of others by a huge margin, this is one thing which no popular site offers, but these two sites have implemented them really well. It can help optimize revenue by huge margin and iam really excited to have it as a plugi or a feature. I want to start a new site and this is what i want, some of Flynax users might not know about this as its sort of unique to mix Groupin and Classified together and make money. Other users would love it as well, once they realize how powerful it can get.

Ahmad Raza
August 28, 2012, 09:15 AM
@John, it could be a option for owners/dealers, but I was thinking of an easier one which are for all advertisers, namely when you reduce the price. Could be strike-through on the original price, showing the price under it. Could also be an arrow pointing down. This could happen if the advertiser chooses to lower the price or an option: lower the price with percentage or a sum after X days of advertising or after low views for a period of time down to a bottom price maybe in steps.

So when we are at it, this is a matter of discussion: when you update your listing, maybe because the time is running out, then the listing should be on top again with a new time-stamp, otherwise it will not trigger users to prelong their listings. Today, the listings are in the same place in the cue, if you know what I am talking about. If it is a new payment date, then it will show in recently added but not in New Listings. See the dilemma?

Take a moment to talk about it and I would be glad to here what the users say about this.

Morgan

Hi Morgan, that is a nice idea, but are you referring to this idea of Deals plugin or what?

Morgan Bohman
August 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
It could be a part of this plugin as well. Imagine that a dealer on top of his deals, lowers and discount the product. The point is, from the above discussion, that when the advertiser makes a change in offer, price, time, whatever, there should be a trigger what to do. So apart from a nice front end, we could create a cock pit Delux for paying advertisers.

Ahmad Raza
August 28, 2012, 09:43 AM
It could be a part of this plugin as well. Imagine that a dealer on top of his deals, lowers and discount the product. The point is, from the above discussion, that when the advertiser makes a change in offer, price, time, whatever, there should be a trigger what to do. So apart from a nice front end, we could create a cock pit Delux for paying advertisers.

I got your point, i think these actions, such as manual price reduction is already there, but you are proposing automation in number of things, such as price, time, coupons etc. That might be hard, but achievable, not sure if John can add it in scope of this plugin.