PDA

View Full Version : Importing users accounts and listings to fresh install classified

Skorpion
July 26, 2019, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone,
Maybe this is already solved but I wasn't able to find solution.
I just installed the General classified and would like to import all the ads from old site. I have data in excel and all pictures in a unique folder (more than 512mb)

How could I proceed to import my data?
Users and listings.

Any idea help from you guys?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rudi
July 29, 2019, 02:58 AM
Hello,

if your xls file contains listings you can import it via "XLS/CSV Import/Export" plugin

otherwise, it will require to migrate database tables and files according to this guide applying patches (if the version of your previous site is lower): https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3049-Version-Upgrade

or we can do it as a customization

Skorpion
July 30, 2019, 07:01 AM
Hello,

if your xls file contains listings you can import it via "XLS/CSV Import/Export" plugin

otherwise, it will require to migrate database tables and files according to this guide applying patches (if the version of your previous site is lower): https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3049-Version-Upgrade

or we can do it as a customization

Hi Rudi,

My xls file contains listings and users info ( emails, phone,..) but it's not from website based on Flynax script.
In the "XLS/CSV Import/Export" plugin I can see zipped photo archive should be max 256MB but mine is more than this. Can I still import via the plugin?

Rudi
July 30, 2019, 08:18 AM
the plugin allows to import only listings in xls format

zip archive size depends on the php setting upload_max_filesize
which you can increase if necessary

Skorpion
July 30, 2019, 03:47 PM
Perfect I'll give it a try.

Thank you Rudi

Skorpion
February 23, 2020, 06:19 PM
I've increased the upload_max_filesize but it's taking too long and server is getting stuck at some point.
I'd like to know if I upload my pictures folder directly on the server and in the xls file I specify the picture URL like:

www.mywebsite.com/files/mypicturesfolder/picturename.png

Will this work?

PS: I have no issue importing only listings without pictures.

Thank you

Rudi
February 24, 2020, 05:47 AM
yes, it will work,

you need to specify direct url to image in each listing in your xls/csv file using comma (if more than one image)

Skorpion
February 24, 2020, 01:45 PM
Perfect!

Thank you Rudi