PDA

View Full Version : Show all ads in a category?

Petrache Nicolae
August 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Hello. How can we show all the ads that are in one category? I have visitors asking about the ads in that category - they can't see them becouse the moment we click on http://realty.demoflynax.com/properties.html for instance, we should see all the ads in that category and in top area or left column (or what we chose), have the subcategory or search filter to filter those ads. Not all of them understand that they should first click on the proper subcategory or on the search to have all the ads shown. The system is confusing this way and we lose visitors ( i do not have for instance the number of ads in a subcategory shown to provide a hint for them). Thanks

Viktor
August 14, 2012, 03:49 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

It's not good idea because after some time on your site will be many and many listings and if we will show all on 1 page your site will work very slow or server may crash too.
That's why we created paging system. Paging system exist on all sites with ads.

Petrache Nicolae
August 14, 2012, 05:30 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

It's not good idea because after some time on your site will be many and many listings and if we will show all on 1 page your site will work very slow or server may crash too.
That's why we created paging system. Paging system exist on all sites with ads.

point taken but, that is true for websites with lots and lots of ads wich will not be the case for many of use (at least not for several years). So, how can we do what i have asked? Have looked for this issue at several websites and i see like 10.000+ ads in just one category and websites are running fine, page loads in 2-3 sec. Thanks