PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new template general modern

M. Eikenaar
May 30, 2019, 01:21 PM
Hi all,

I did purchased the premium templates, and uses general modern. As in the demo, I want to add the categories in the blue space, next to the nice lady.
And, I want to change the nice lady image, for my one one.

Knows anyone how to do it (cats in blue space) en where to change it ( lady image)

Looking forward for reply's

Viktor
May 30, 2019, 02:34 PM
The image with girl locate in ftp://templates>>general_modern>>img>>home-content-image.jpg

If you want to add tabs on search box in right site: https://prnt.sc/nvgj2w
You can do it via Admin Panel>>Listing Types click edit icon and find line: 'Search form' and choose: Search form on the Home page

If you want to add categories field into search form: https://prnt.sc/nvgkyv
You need to go to Admin Panel >> Forms >> Search Forms: https://prnt.sc/nvgm92
Then find Category field and move from right to left column: https://prnt.sc/nvgncs

M. Eikenaar
May 30, 2019, 04:02 PM
ok, thanks, and done. I was looking everywhere, could find it.

BTW, is there a bulk function to build for every categorie a listingform and build the titel. Now I it for every item, one by one, but I if you have over 200 cats, its a lot of time.

Thanks Viktor

M. Eikenaar
May 30, 2019, 04:58 PM
Also, I have some categories on top of the page, and what I try, they go away :wacko:

And last, till now, if I search the website, I get as result, 1 {type} gevonden ( in English : 1 {type} found )

See both pictures.

Software works fine, I have a few issues, but comes later.

Someone any idea?

Viktor
May 31, 2019, 02:38 AM
BTW, is there a bulk function to build for every category a listing form and build the title. Now I it for every item, one by one, but I if you have over 200 cats, its a lot of time.
No need to build all categories. Go to Admin Panel >> Listing Types click the edit icon and find a line: Primary Category
Set any category and click save. Then you need to build only this category. But if you want different fields for some category you can build this category but for all empty categories, the system will take fields from Primary category.
Also for each listing type, you should set own Primary category.

Also, I have some categories on top of the page, and what I try, they go away
It is listing types. You can find it in Admin Panel >> Pages.

And last, till now, if I search the website, I get as result, 1 {type} gevonden ( in English : 1 {type} found )
I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem.

M. Eikenaar
May 31, 2019, 07:40 AM
Thanks Viktor for the answers, that helps a lot.

I will make a ticket.

M. Eikenaar
May 31, 2019, 01:56 PM
ok, perfect solved

I think one the last things, but again, I cant find it.

I have 5 categories, and do some test listings in the first categorie, that is ok, alle of de ad, is in the listingoverview

But, Now i make a new ad, in the second, 3th, 4th, and 5th categorie, featured en no featured, and now I see in the listing overview, no content, but, if I click the add, I see everything. Its just in the listingpage of al ads.

How can i solve this, before the website will be online on monday.

Viktor
June 1, 2019, 08:27 AM
1. Did you set Primary category for your listing type? Or maybe you build all your 5 categories?
2. Please check the fields into Admin Panel >> Listing Fields. Click Edit icon and find the line: 'Enable on' should be selected both checkboxes.

M. Eikenaar
June 1, 2019, 11:43 AM
Hi Viktor,

I think everything is done now, thanks for your help. Great support!

And yes, I made 5 categories, no primary.

Only for those 5 categories, the space on the top right, is to small for view al the 5 categories. On the right side you see 3 dots, should be nice if the space between the logo, and the right side of the page (container?) a bit wider is, so it fits all my categories. ( I see now 4, and 3 dots to click on it, for the 5th one)

But works well now, till now :-)

M. Eikenaar
June 2, 2019, 12:19 PM
Is there a option, I see no plugin or what, to put the links in the footer, in right order and organize in a table or so. Now the links are from left to right, not organized.
Should be nice I have 4 "blocks" like (sample) INFORMATION | SHIPPING INFO | USER INFO | EXTRA INFO
about us shippingcosts profile extra info
Privacy Delivery account extra info

I can edit maybe the footer source code, but with a update, I do it again, right?

Pete Young
June 2, 2019, 03:10 PM
M. Eikenaar, You need to go into your admin / pages page. there are several ways to order if you want alpha order do this.

find the home page and number it page order / number 1

then up top select to sort all pages by alpha order,

then go down the side / starting at the top / first and put the page order number, with the number 10, then number the second page down number 20 and continue all the way down to the with increments of 10

when you get to the home page just skip it and continue on until finished , now go back to your site and refresh and all of the bottom pages will be in alpha order, left to right top to bottom.

if you want to create blocks with title, that could be done by understanding the way they are ordered as above and editing the page position numbers to suit to enable building those blocks, it should work if you have an even amount of options/ links for each vertical being created, if not it get a bit more tricky.

Viktor
June 3, 2019, 03:17 AM
If you mean footer menu or any other menu you can change order. Go to Admin panel >> Pages. Find column: Position. You can change it into the grid.