PDA

View Full Version : modifying template

George Jackson
April 21, 2019, 02:27 AM
Hello,

I would like to modify one of Flynax templates. Do I have access to the files on the admin interface? If so, where can i find it?

Thanks!

George Jackson
April 21, 2019, 04:35 AM
Nevermind. I found it!

Jason Barbour
April 21, 2019, 04:37 AM
Hi, you can modify the template. I'd recommend making a copy of the template and modifying it using an html editor (dreamweaver, notepad+, etc.). You can access the template via FTP or your server control panel. As far as I know, you can't modify these files via the Admin Panel.

Edit: I'm 2 minutes too late. Glad you found it.

Pete Young
April 21, 2019, 05:10 AM
I would also strongly advise to keep a notebook of all changes as you do them as you may find that if you ugrade versions that you will need to merge or re apply those mods to the new template version. Pete.

To Make edits to your css file.

By using your browser with chrome and using the inspect option, you are able to select any visual aspect of your Site and then in the editor test any changes. Once you are happy you can go into your files and make any changes that you like.

Note | before you change anything, ALWAYS write down the changes you make, as example.

Style.css 5352 | font-size: 1.017px > 1.5px
Style.css 5357 | Add Line > font-weight: bolder;

Etc.

This will save you endless nightmares should anything go a miss or you wish to reverse and or adjust any decisions made.

Note | After you make changes in your files, and after switching back to your Site you will need to hard refresh, Ctrl F5 to see the changes.

Tip | Also use this option to view how any changes would look on mobile platforms.

[View Video] https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqV0js3TjT

Note | Videos are from a Site that no longer exists and or a Flynax Demo Site and is for demonstration purposes only.