PDA

View Full Version : Flynax migrations, transfers to another servers

Alexandre Bonneau
March 2, 2019, 08:54 PM
Hello dear community,

I would like to know if it is possible to have the detailed steps for migrating a site toward servers ?

As I know :

1. Copy website files from one server to the other in a zipped folder.
2. Export/Import database using Phpmyadmin from one database to the other.

However, im a running into issues when it come to modyfy confing.inc.php and htaccess files.

I had the confing.inc.php of the second database being rewrited onto the first one and crashing both sites ...

Could you please give detailed steps for further assistance please ?

Alexandre Bonneau
March 2, 2019, 09:22 PM
As I am migrating for development pupose, i would like the two server to be totally independent

I think that I should change something on RewriteBase or RewriteRule in htacess but I am not sure ?

Wei Hong
March 3, 2019, 02:46 AM
you need to make change to the config file in the include folder, change the database and user name and root path to the new server so it will work

Alexandre Bonneau
March 3, 2019, 08:44 PM
Hello,

Thank you Wei hong,

I was also wondering, how is it possible to use a script copy and database copy on one Subdomain for development purposes? Which files should be changed, I get SSL and Redirects errors ...

Wei Hong
March 4, 2019, 04:26 AM
Make sure you have correct Root Path and home URL in config file or it wont work. Try turn off Apache rewrite module in admincp of your dev site and check the htaccess and remove all SSL redirect code

Viktor
March 4, 2019, 05:52 AM
Also, we can help you with migration too but it will cost you some extra fee :)