PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished listing name

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 22, 2019, 12:54 PM
How and where can I change the phrase "listing" which is shown for unfinished listing in the menu My Listings?
Picture attached.
The word listing is already translated.

Pete Young
February 22, 2019, 09:22 PM
that is because you have not built out your category properly, in that you need to build your featured form and general form etc as well as your listing form, currently one of those is blank so it reverts to the word listing, where you should have the title option in that form.

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 22, 2019, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure about that. What if the user doesn't put a title and he doesn't finish the listing? Anyway I will check out the build forms. And do you know where can I find the word listing in the files?

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 22, 2019, 09:30 PM
I've done a quick check and title is already there.

Bahram Soltanirad
February 23, 2019, 05:41 AM
Go to includes/classes/rlListings.class.php

Find:
$title = empty($title) ? 'listing' : $title;
change 'listing' to whatever you like.

Pete Young
February 23, 2019, 06:58 AM
I've done a quick check and title is already there.

you would want to make the title a required field then to avoid this being blank ?

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 23, 2019, 08:59 AM
Go to includes/classes/rlListings.class.php

Find:
$title = empty($title) ? 'listing' : $title;
change 'listing' to whatever you like.

Thank you Bahram!!

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 23, 2019, 09:01 AM
you would want to make the title a required field then to avoid this being blank ?

You are going bit off topic :) It is a required field, but there are different cases why people for some reason don't finish their listings. Some of them start their listings from the pictures part.... :)))

Pete Young
February 23, 2019, 09:29 AM
an incomplete listing wont show ? as in your picture or at least should not, and if title was compulsory there is no way to get to that picture ? maybe im off track as well ? B)

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 23, 2019, 09:33 AM
an incomplete listing wont show ? as in your picture or at least should not, and if title was compulsory there is no way to get to that picture ? maybe im off track as well ? B)

I don't understand you. What's your point?

Pete Young
February 23, 2019, 09:53 AM
? nobody gets to see the listing until its completed, except the user ? it would make little to no difference as to what was written there but maybe I am wrong, anyway have a good day.

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 23, 2019, 10:01 AM
"an incomplete listing wont show ? as in your picture or at least should not, and if title was compulsory there is no way to get to that picture ? maybe im off track as well ?"
- As I could understand you here, you probably didn't think of the one step form. In that form the user can skip the title.

"? nobody gets to see the listing until its completed, except the user ? it would make little to no difference as to what was written there but maybe I am wrong, anyway have a good day."
- I'm very open to suggestions but in this case I was only asking where can I translate the word, that's why all other comments I count as off topic. Have a nice day too.

Pete Young
February 23, 2019, 10:06 AM
Sure, I will keep your name in a special place, so I don't mess up again sorry about that.

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 23, 2019, 10:08 AM
Thank you, I appreciate that

Pete Young
February 23, 2019, 10:33 AM
Thank you, I appreciate that

Your all good buddy because you confused me, first you asked me to explain ?

I don't understand you. What's your point?

and then you tell me

that's why all other comments I count as off topic

not even I can keep up with that. anyway been a long day for me.

Aleksandar Apostolovski
February 23, 2019, 10:51 AM
Look dude, I told you even before that. Read the thread from the start.
I asked you to explain only because I barely understood your point in that sentence after reading it few times.
The point is: I appreciate when people like Bahram Soltanirad give concretely the answer you need.
Your comment going off topic ---> you would want to make the title a required field then to avoid this being blank ?
I wanted to translate the word and you don't had the solution for that.
Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Pete Young
February 23, 2019, 11:15 AM
Im not your dood, but alas If in trying to help you, I in some way upset you, for that I appologise.