PDA

View Full Version : how to remove the contact owner button in listings page?

Pete Young
February 8, 2019, 11:46 AM
how would one block out the code that shows the contact owner button ? please

Pete Young
February 12, 2019, 11:42 PM
anyone ? ...

Wei Hong
February 13, 2019, 09:51 AM
Hi Pete,

Would you use css code display: none; to hide the button? Do you want to still show the form above and just hide the button? It doesn't make sense to me.

Pete Young
February 13, 2019, 11:55 AM
yes I would like to just hide the button but use the form that is correct, where would I add display none ? in code ?

Wei Hong
February 15, 2019, 02:07 AM
Hi Pete you can try add this code to style.css :

div.row.seller-short div.submit-cell.buttons {
display: none;
}

But if you have the form above and no submit button how do people use the form and send to seller?

Pete Young
February 15, 2019, 08:58 AM
But if you have the form above and no submit button how do people use the form and send to seller?

I will try that thank you Wei, as to your question, the best way to answer that is that I am taking flynax in a whole new direction, that probably has never been done before, call it an adventure I suppose and that I will be the only one adding posts to the site. I still want the user to have a description / about us of sorts but there will be no need for anybody to contact them.

Wei Hong
February 15, 2019, 11:40 AM
I see. You can remove the form too and any information if you want so I won't confuse user when they see the form but not seeing how to submit it. There is a seller tpl file in tpl/block that show seller info in listing detail page that you can make change.

Pete Young
February 16, 2019, 11:16 AM
Hi Pete you can try add this code to style.css :

div.row.seller-short div.submit-cell.buttons {
display: none;
}

did not work ? thank you anyway will keep at it. if I knew where to find that \/ line of code I could sort it but alas no love yet

<a class="button wide contact-seller" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Contact Agency">Contact Agency</a>

Wei Hong
February 17, 2019, 02:33 AM
Thats weird, it should work. Or you can try adding hidden class in the code you found like this

<a class="button wide contact-seller hidden" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Contact Agency">Contact Agency</a>

If its still not work, send me your url. It's not hard to hide the button in my case

Bahram Soltanirad
February 17, 2019, 09:14 AM
It is in templates/your_templae_name/tpl/blocks//contact_seller_form.tpl and find
<div class="submit-cell buttons">

Pete Young
February 18, 2019, 11:54 AM
It is in templates/your_templae_name/tpl/blocks//contact_seller_form.tpl and find
<div class="submit-cell buttons">[/QUOTE<a class="button

[QUOTE]wide contact-seller" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Contact Agency">Contact Agency</a>

? could not find that bit of code in that section ?

but can see this \/

<div class="submit-cell buttons">
<div class="field">
<input type="submit" name="finish" value="{phrase key='contact_owner'}" accesskey="{phrase key='contact_owner'}" />
<input class="hide" type="reset" id="form_reset_{$captcha_box_id}" value="reset" />
</div>
</div>

I have been trying to comment block it out 101 ways but nothing seems to be working ? any ideas on where to put the start and end blocks ?

Pete Young
March 23, 2019, 10:18 PM
Thanks to the help of Wei & Bahram, I was eventually able to track down the clues to this puzzle, I doubt any other person will want to hide this button, but for those in future that may want to do this find > .seller-short div.form approx. line 5520 in your css and add display: none to the bottom.

.seller-short div.form {
margin-top: 25px;
display: none
}