PDA

View Full Version : Unable to edit search blocks

Pete Young
January 16, 2019, 01:40 AM
I have added a category search block but I am unable to edit the options of display site design and box heading. I can see in demos and related sites that box is created called

Search For (Account Type) but for some reason, I am unable to get this box to show, no matter what settings I have selected ?

Is this another error or do I have my settings wrong ? If you know what settings need to be in place to show these settings could you please advise or if this should be auto generated than place a ticket ?

Thanks

EDIT https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqVDQY3oG6

I have added a video in short when an account type is made there seems to be box called "Search For Account Type" generated that allows you to edit a search box, for some reason I am unable to understand how this box is formed, should it be made by default when a listing type is made or how do we turn it in to allow editing of the box as mine is missing.

Rudi
January 17, 2019, 05:43 AM
Hello,

This box is used for all category search forms of one listing type

Pete Young
January 17, 2019, 10:17 AM
ok, just I don't have it, and because of that I cant edit anything, how is it generated ? or how does one activate it please?

Rudi
January 18, 2019, 03:26 AM
it should be created automatically when you enable "Search form on the Listings page" option for your listing type

Pete Young
January 18, 2019, 07:38 AM
it should be created automatically when you enable "Search form on the Listings page" option for your listing type

yes doing that and getting no love, but I will try one more time.

Tested and definitely not working, your are talking about checking (YES) to

(YES) Search form on Listing Type Page / in Listing type form.

Just tested flynax demos and same error exists in your sites.

Pete Young
January 21, 2019, 07:39 AM
Any update on a patch for this bug please guys ? everybody with 4.7.0 will have the problem.

Rudi
January 21, 2019, 07:44 AM
It's not clear how to reproduce your problem

Pete Young
January 21, 2019, 08:37 AM
? ok well, when you make a list type this box does not develop, it is missing, because it is missing we can not edit the boxes, not sure what more to say?

take any script and create a listing type and tell me if you can create a "Search For List Type" in content boxes ? you said as long as we had
it should be created automatically when you enable "Search form on the Listings page" option for your listing type that we would get it to work. well it simply does not work ?

I can do videos of creating an list type with no results if that helps ? other than what you say should happen does not.

Pete

Rudi
January 22, 2019, 04:47 AM
ask someone else if this issue exists because on my end i can't reproduce it
it works well

note that category search forms are displayed on category page

for listing type page you should build quick search form (system)

Pete Young
January 22, 2019, 07:39 AM
this error is in every flynax demo ? not making any sense to me ? you said to do this ? and nothing works.

So let me ask real clear in what way is the option "Search for Listing Type" created in content boxes ? if you say its working well / how are you getting that option to appear in content boxes please.

\/ these options here > https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqV3iC30yf

please show me how these are created, I am unable regardless of any effort to get them to appear after following your advice. maybe im getting old.

Pete Young
January 24, 2019, 12:51 PM
So let me ask real clear in what way is the option "Search for Listing Type" created in content boxes ? if you say its working well / how are you getting that option to appear in content boxes please.

Would really like an answer to this simple question please, as I don't want send my site live then find I have to pull it apart to fix this, if as you say there are no errors then it should be as simple as

step 1 do this, step 2 do that, your done ? thank you

Rudi
January 25, 2019, 03:56 AM
Create a ticket

Pete Young
January 25, 2019, 08:01 AM
ok ? not sure why but will do. thank you

Pete Young
January 29, 2019, 08:56 PM
It would appear after extensive efforts to try to get this one question answered
" what are the steps needed to be taken to have the option "search for (listing type) appear in content boxes " answered, that to date I have received every answer to every question I did not ask, but still do not have the answer to this question, either flynax do not know the answer themselves, or do not want to tell anyone.

I have exhausted all ways to ask that question and on every occasion had a reply for everything but the answer that question and I give up. Now I just need to get my site fixed, where they experimented.

Good luck to anyone who can answer that question. because flynax can't.

Edit: OK, I have found the answer to this question, it is staring me in the face, either they have changed the way this page has been named or they have changed the name after it has been generated.

in flynax the page shows as
"search for (listing type)" as in the pages name. what happens now is the page is not generated under that name, it is generated under the name of
"(listing type) search", or back to front as to what currently exists in the flynax scripts as you get from them now, so while you are looking for one thing, it is there but hiding under a different name, so as above they have changed the way that page is generated / named or they have edited those names in their script / demo sites and sites they set up for you on purchase.

So instead of looking for, "Search For Houston" you need to look for "Houston Search".

Andrey Vlasov
August 24, 2019, 10:09 AM
Hello, Pete Young!
Can you help me? I cannot figure out the search forms. Tech support is silent, I can’t find it on the forum either. How to create and use search forms? I create my search form, how then to place it on the site? Only Quick Search works now. Only by making changes to it, I see changes on the site.

Pete Young
August 24, 2019, 01:38 PM
Hello, Pete Young!
Can you help me? I cannot figure out the search forms. Tech support is silent, I can’t find it on the forum either. How to create and use search forms? I create my search form, how then to place it on the site? Only Quick Search works now. Only by making changes to it, I see changes on the site.

Andrey, If you go to the flynax site, there is a section for guides and one of those is for search from memory, have you tried that as a start, my problem as above was a new name in change of versions as described above.

Still have dramas after that just yell out. plenty of people here to help.

Andrey Vlasov
August 24, 2019, 06:14 PM
Andrey, If you go to the flynax site, there is a section for guides and one of those is for search from memory, have you tried that as a start, my problem as above was a new name in change of versions as described above.

Still have dramas after that just yell out. plenty of people here to help.

Something I can’t find a link to the description of the search system ... Can you give it?

Pete Young
August 24, 2019, 09:22 PM
Something I can’t find a link to the description of the search system ... Can you give it?

https://www.flynax.com/files/manuals/Flynax-Classifieds-Concept.pdf < the search section is located inside the main guide > try that and see how you go.

Andrey Vlasov
August 25, 2019, 08:35 AM
https://www.flynax.com/files/manuals/Flynax-Classifieds-Concept.pdf < the search section is located inside the main guide > try that and see how you go.

Thank. But I still can’t figure out how the custom forms work in the search and how to apply it ...

Pete Young
August 25, 2019, 01:06 PM
Thank. But I still can’t figure out how the custom forms work in the search and how to apply it ...

submit a ticket and ask flynax for the instructions ? I have never set up a custom search from memory ?

Andrey Vlasov
August 26, 2019, 04:33 PM
submit a ticket and ask flynax for the instructions ? I have never set up a custom search from memory ?

Thanks for the help, Pete Young, tech support finally answered ...