PDA

View Full Version : Better Refine Search

Luis Regueira
July 23, 2012, 03:52 AM
Dear Flynax Team,

First I want to thank the excellent work they do every day!!

I think one of the things that should be improved is the refine search, i attached a page that uses a very good refine search.

http://www.ubid.com/category/listing.aspx?url=computers/laptop-computers/?cplftlnk=1&Manufacturer=Samsung

Best Regards!

Viktor
July 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
Hello Luis,

We will release new plugin in near future with refine search functional.
I think it will be around like you sent. ;)

Petrache Nicolae
July 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
Hello Luis,

it would be great if we can add it as any block, showing on any page, like a product filter, not just as a result of the search

Alexandre Ono
May 31, 2013, 02:34 AM
Hello Luis,

I'm looking forward for this plugin!

Alexandre Ono
July 16, 2013, 12:42 AM
some news??

Marc Austin
July 22, 2013, 05:01 AM
Be patient it's only been a year!

Mike
July 23, 2013, 03:59 AM
Dear Flynax Team,
http://www.ubid.com/category/listing.aspx?url=computers/laptop-computers/?cplftlnk=1&Manufacturer=Samsung

We have already released CategoryFilter plugin and it's what Luis initially showed as reference and we promised to release, so it took a bit less than a year .

But even it seems very similar to the Refine Search there is big difference and it's not possible to use categoryFilter features for search.

There will be probably another plugin to improve RefineSearch, but it's likely only add sliders for numeric fields and some minor layout things. but there will be no changes to the search itself.

I'm sorry we can't satisfy all, but we are working hard on new features and ideas and often :() exceed our promises time-limit.

Hareesh Ghanta
July 23, 2013, 04:25 AM
Hi Mike,
One Check boxes per line would look neat with tab (+) symbol as a Field Group separator .Rite now 2 check boxes per line are displaying in Advance search.Please incorporate if possible.If this is possible in current Advance search please do let us know.
Thank you

Mike
July 23, 2013, 05:55 AM
Not sure that understand it, do you mean if there are more than 2 checkboxes we need to hide them and show only 2 ?

Hareesh Ghanta
July 23, 2013, 10:42 PM
Hi Mike,
please find enclosed screenshot.It shows multiple check boxes per line.Can we do single check box per line for display purpose?
Field group would look good if we separate by the tab and +/- for expand/minimize

Thank you