PDA

View Full Version : INCOMPLETE Auto sign up prevention

Petrache Nicolae
July 21, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hello. Just installed the latest version of this addon wich solves one big issue. USER IP BANNING. Solves it partial that is, becouse we can add any username, email adress or ip. Problem is that we have no clue of each user ip adress?

The IP adress of each new account wich is created should show in admin, in accounts area, so we can add it easy in AutoRegPrevent area in admin. Without this, the solution is incomplete. Many users do have several email adresses and there is nothing more easy for a bad user than to create a new account using another email adress. If we can see his ip and we can add it in the Black list that will not matter anymore. Hope you will solve this little thing soon. Thanks

Peter Jonsson
July 24, 2012, 09:49 AM
So there arent a way to see the IP adress of the accounts. Then i can stop look. I have looked on and of for several days :P

Petrache Nicolae
July 24, 2012, 10:02 AM
So there arent a way to see the IP adress of the accounts. Then i can stop look. I have looked on and of for several days :P

I could not find any solution. Maybe the flynax team will make some light on this matter so we can stop looking.

Vladimir
July 24, 2012, 11:30 AM
Do you want add a field (IP) to account table which will be available only to administrator?

Petrache Nicolae
July 24, 2012, 11:43 AM
Do you want add a field (IP) to account table which will be available only to administrator?

please see the image. that would make the addon complete (that is what all of us requested in several threads).
that way we can see each user ip and so, we can add it to the black list if we have to and prevent others accounts to be created from that ip

it would be best if this feature can be added to the plugin since the new script is comming and i think that we will lose most of all customisations

Petrache Nicolae
September 9, 2012, 09:01 PM
hello. any progress with the ip ban system? thanks