PDA

View Full Version : Banner plugin - Different names on boxes backend/frontend

Peter Jonsson
July 20, 2012, 07:25 AM
I think you should add so we can have different names on the boxes on the backend and frontend.

I dont want my boxes to be called on the frontend.

Example:
When people decide where to put the banner i have i cant just have all my boxes named "Banners". How will they know what places it is then in a easy way ?

Lets say i want to name all my boxes on the front end to "Banners" but still i want the dropdownlist where they choose where to place their banner to be called "Front - Left 120x120", "Front - Right 120x120" so they actually know where their banner will end up.

This way my/(ours?) site will look good and it will be easy to use the banner plugin.

( tried the hardcode fix but that only made my boxes blanknames and the dropdown and the bannerlist on the admin view where also blank.)

Vladimir
July 20, 2012, 08:28 AM
As we understood you wanted have the ability to set a name of banner box only for admin panel, are we right?

Peter Jonsson
July 20, 2012, 01:36 PM
No, i want to be able to set the name on the boxes on the frontend what the user sees.

I dont want the names on the frontpage to have the names "Front - Left 120x120", "Front - Right 120x120".

Vladimir
July 30, 2012, 04:31 AM
But you can add any names for banners in your admin panel or do you want have different names for admin panel and front-end?

Peter Jonsson
July 30, 2012, 12:32 PM
never mind, it's to hard to explain what i mean i suppose.

Morgan Bohman
July 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
What Peter is trying to explain is that in his admin panel, he will set up some banner areas that are for sale and the sale is handled by the website like regular listings but with specified names like banner right size etc. so the customer can chose the banner sizes. If he set the banner plug-in up, he can therefore name different banners from admin like banner right size but for the front end user, he wishes to have other names for this advertisement space. Those names should also show up in the payment area and be included in the specified invoice, statement etc.