PDA

View Full Version : New Install and Have Some Questions

Akram Elsayed
April 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
I recently installed your program and have been learning the system. I have some questions and problems:

1) Is there anyway the user can add photos before approval? I would like to approve them as well.

2) I added a listing, made it a gold plan via the admin, then a featured listing, and approved it. When I go to my site I now see negative listings.... ie. Parrots (-3) Every time I attempt to approve the negative number goes more negative. If you click on the category on the main site, it shows 0 listings. I finally got it to show up and the only thing different was I turned on Allow subcategories adding. When I did that it said something about this listing because it was categorized in the one I made that change. Now I can see the listing, but it says no photos when looking at details. Yet, it has photos and even says 3 photos over a photo before clicking details. I changed the name "Approval" using your language tool to "Waiting Approval" before approving this listing. When I first got the -1, I changed back the name thinking that might have done something to it, but it still was going in the negative numbers. I also got 4 emails saying the listing was deactivated. The listing is finally not showing in the “approval queue” anymore. Check it out if you need...it's under parrots http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/

3) I added a new free listing and selected Advertisement as category. As an admin, I checked my email and clicked on the link to go to that listing to review. But I get an “ERROR 404: Requested page not found”. Here’s the link in my email http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/brows ... ng-l1.html (http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/browse/advertising-listing/listing-l1.html) This is still in the approval queue. I can’t even approve it via the admin.

4) How does the user select which photo will be the the main photo? I added 3 photos, and figured my first added photo would be, but it was the last one. Now how to change? I hope the user will be able to.

5) Zip code only allowed 4 characters when adding a listing?!? Where to change that?

6) Anyway to add another menu item to the top of menu?

7) Is there some admin documentation? Most fields are self explanatory, but a few I have no clue to what they do. Like what is prizes in an ad listing? Would be nice to have each explained in admin with a question mark. Also, a search functionality to find things. But at the very least, access to some docs explaining each.

Thanks for your help :D

Akram Elsayed
April 20, 2010, 08:54 AM
Any help plz? Because of the errors, I wonder if I should even continue building my site in case it has problem that causes me to reinstall and start over. Thanks!

John
April 21, 2010, 11:16 AM
Hello azdolfan,
>>1) Is there anyway the user can add photos before approval? I would like to approve them as well.
Use Uploadify plugin for that.

>>2) I added a listing, made it a gold plan via the admin, then a fea....
System count listings count incorrectly sometime, in this case you may use Admin Panel recount listings tools, go to your admin panel >> Controls and click on Recount buttons.
Also I recommend you to set up the cron jobs, here the instruction: Cron job setup (http://support.flynax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4)

>>3) I added a new free listing and selected Advertisement as category. As an admin...
Actually link to the details page should not be in the email, because Advertising listings has not details page and displays in the Advertising Block only, here the instruction which will fix this issue and remove the link from the email:
1. Open file: /ROOT/includes/controllers/add_listing.inc.php
2. Find the following code line (line: ~500)

if ( $config['listing_auto_approval'] )

3. Replace it with the following code:

if ( $config['listing_auto_approval'] || $category['Type'] == 'advertising' )

4. Find the following code line (line: ~341)

5. Replace it with the following code:

6. Save the file

>>I can’t even approve it via the admin.
Just go to admin panel and change the status to this listing.

>>5) Zip code only allowed 4 characters when adding a listing?!? Where to change that?
Go to Admin Panel >> Listing Fields >> Edit for Zip field, then set 99999 as max allowed number and save the changes

>>6) Anyway to add another menu item to the top of menu?
Admin Panel >> Pages manager
just add new page and choose main menu as page location

Akram Elsayed
April 22, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hello azdolfan,
>>1) Is there anyway the user can add photos before approval? I would like to approve them as well.
Use Uploadify plugin for that.
Yeah, I did find this plugin after posting and it's all setup and working. Thx

>>2) I added a listing, made it a gold plan via the admin, then a fea....
System count listings count incorrectly sometime, in this case you may use Admin Panel recount listings tools, go to your admin panel >> Controls and click on Recount buttons.
Also I recommend you to set up the cron jobs, here the instruction: Cron job setup (http://support.flynax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4)
Ok, I ran the update listings counter but I can't verify since another bug appeared where I lost all my categories (see new posting about lost categories near by). I'm now wondering if the "rebuild categories level" will fix my problem in the other posting?!? The user manual doesn't say what it does so I'm hesitate to play with something I'm not sure about. I did set up the cron job on the first day of installation to run every hour. Might change to once a day until more than a 100 tho. But I have no clue if cron working yet since no expirations yet. I hope the count of these listings will be fixed in a future version.

>>3) I added a new free listing and selected Advertisement as category. As an admin...
Actually link to the details page should not be in the email, because Advertising listings has not details page and displays in the Advertising Block only, here the instruction which will fix this issue and remove the link from the email:
1. Open file: /ROOT/includes/controllers/add_listing.inc.php
This exact code is found in 4 places and not on the lines specified (line 360, 434, 449, 494). Maybe it changed in new version or different with other type of classifieds. Should I just go ahead and change all 4?

>>I can’t even approve it via the admin.
Just go to admin panel and change the status to this listing.
The admin was not doing it, but it was an Ad. Are ads suppose to show up for approval in this queue or another?

4) This question/answer was missed!

>>5) Zip code only allowed 4 characters when adding a listing?!? Where to change that?
Go to Admin Panel >> Listing Fields >> Edit for Zip field, then set 99999 as max allowed number and save the changes
I did go to that page originally, but only verified the minimum number of 5. The value of the other field was defaulting to only 9999 so now it's 99999. Your testing team might want to check this on new installs. Thx

>>6) Anyway to add another menu item to the top of menu?
Admin Panel >> Pages manager
just add new page and choose main menu as page location[/quote]
Great, I'll work on that next. Since I don't have any categories :P

Thanks for all your help John! Hopefully, I'll be good to go next week :D

John
April 29, 2010, 04:12 AM
Hi Christina,
Here my answers:
>>2)Ok, I ran the update listings counter but I can't verify since another bug appeared...
I offer you to sort the issue with categories out, then recount listings and set up cron jobs correctly. Then counters should works correctly. We will check it on local version too.

>>3)Do changes (be attentively, new code is different ) in the following lines only:
- Find the code (Line 360):

- replace with:

- Find the code (Line 449):

- replace with:

if ( $config['listing_auto_approval'] || $category['Type'] != 'advertising' )

- Find the code (Line 494):

- replace with:

>>>>I can’t even approve it via the admin.
>>Just go to admin panel and change the status to this listing.
>>The admin was not doing it, but it was an Ad. Are ads suppose to show up for >>approval in this queue or another?
Actually I can't see the problem, Ads listings display in Listings manager as well as all other listings, you are able to change the status for them, edit etc.

>>4) How does the user select which photo will be the the main photo? I added 3
>>photos, and figured my first added photo would be, but it was the last one. Now
>>how to change? I hope the user will be able to.
There is "Make main" link under each photo, just click it to make main.

Thanks

Akram Elsayed
May 6, 2010, 10:57 AM
2) I offer you to sort the issue with categories out, then recount listings and set up cron jobs correctly. Then counters should works correctly. We will check it on local version too.

Ok, it definitely still happens during different scenarios. But I've been able to narrow it down now. Unless it's just my system, you can move this to the bug section if it's confirmed.

Scenerio 1 - Count=0 listings. Use Mass selection and select “approve” (the default status setting/wording for not approved yet) for a listing that has not been approved, the listing count goes down. Count=-1 Listings. Normally you wouldn’t do that, but it’s confusing because of the word you use “approve” actually is a verb that means to activate by saying it’s good. However, you guys use it as unverified at this time. So really activate and approve mean the same thing. I changed the wording approve to unverified in language module so that I don’t use it again and mess up the count. So, I'm good but you may want to look into for a future version.

So after doing the above and then going back and you select “activate”, the count goes up one. Count=0 Listings. Then do Recount and it goes up one again to fix the “approve” before activated selection. Count=1 listings. All good now!
Because of incorrect number listing and after recount, email links to user is off and does not go to details but to plain old browse listing.

Email says:
Your listing in eAnimalClassifieds.com was activated.
Please click the following link to view listing details page:
http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/?page=browse&id=13

Compared to correct details page: http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/brows ... g-l11.html (http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/browse/birds/parrots/listing-l11.html)

Scenerio 2: If you select unverified via admin “edit”, the count didn't go down but when I went back to activate it didn't go up and the user does not receive email stating it was activated. Other activation methods, send the email. Unless just me, but I tried many times and no email, yet got it for all the others. I did a recount and the count went up 1.

Scenerio 3: In the new, unverified listings, if you select the status in the status column but decide you do not want to change it yet for whatever reason or looking at wrong one, whatever…if you keep the status the same and click out, the person who listed gets an email stating their listing was deactivated. It reality, it was never deactivated because it was never activated. Will lead users to think it wasn’t approved and possible removed when they read email. Listing Count also goes to -1 until you run Recount again.

3)Do changes (be attentively, new code is different ) in the following lines only:
- Find the code (Line 360):
I changed in the 3 areas exactly, but it still has broken link in email. I then changed the 4th area that you may have missed, but it still has broken link. Could there be a difference in the way I post listing. I see there is a post-ad.html and add-listing.html. I don't even know the difference because it looks like the say options and categories come up.

Here's my file with the changed code. [attachment=2:39ktpgdn]add_listing.inc.rar[/attachment:39ktpgdn]

>>>>I can’t even approve it via the admin.
>>Just go to admin panel and change the status to this listing.
>>The admin was not doing it, but it was an Ad. Are ads suppose to show up for >>approval in this queue or another?
Actually I can't see the problem, Ads listings display in Listings manager as well as all other listings, you are able to change the status for them, edit etc.
The misunderstanding here is the use of the word "approve" like explained above. When you think you are activating by selecting approve, your actually not. I've changed to unverified so it won't happen again. All good on this subject!

>>4) How does the user select which photo will be the the main photo? I added 3 photos, and figured my first added photo would be, but it was the last one. Now
>>how to change? I hope the user will be able to.
There is "Make main" link under each photo, just click it to make main.
I have to laugh at this one because I really didn't miss it. There is a problem with my first post and the one that had me ask this question. See image below to show you I'm not crazy. See no Make Main link under pics!
[attachment=1:39ktpgdn]no make main option.png[/attachment:39ktpgdn]

New listings are fine, but do you have any idea why this one is messed up?

Shows 3 Photos - http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/browse/birds/parrots/
Click on parrot and details says NO photos
http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/brows ... le-l2.html (http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/browse/birds/parrots/1-400-00-13-years-female-l2.html)
Only thing I remember about this listing is that I manually changed it to Gold Package. Other listings working fine now.

Two additional questions that came up... I was editing the html code in the Welcome Block and when I was almost done, when I went back the code area is grayed out. But the welcome code is showing on main page.
[attachment=0:39ktpgdn]Welcome Block Not Editable.png[/attachment:39ktpgdn]

This one is probably me, but how do you get the featured listings to display for the users to select? It's active in Listing Plans and when I edited, I have it on for every Category and every Account Type. I can't even manually change a listing to that status like I can to Gold, Silver, etc. in the listings page where you can click Plan type and change. I must be missing something and I don't see the answer in the manual sent to me.

Thanks! :)

Akram Elsayed
May 6, 2010, 01:23 PM
For #4 above, the crop fields are definitely having an affect on the main link. I turned them on and again the make main link was gone. However, I couldn't even save the cropping that I did. I turn off the crop fields and main link there and all good. So it looks like it's forcing a crop before showing in details and allowing the main pic to be selected which is probably by design, however I could never save the cropped area.

Akram Elsayed
May 6, 2010, 01:40 PM
Another thing, where do you set the max upload size for images? Right now if it exceeds it, the user gets a dead blank page. You have to use the back browser button to recover. If I can at least set it higher, it will take care of this problem. But still wonder why I get a blank page?!? Thanks! :)

Akram Elsayed
May 13, 2010, 02:04 AM
Anything on this? Most issues above are of no concern since there is workarounds (just reporting for fixes for future version). So to summarize the things I'd like some feedback on is:

1) How to edit my welcome block since in the middle of doing it, it's now grayed out. See screenshot above and if you see on my site there's new stuff there.
2) Still have the email link problem after editing my code. See my file I attached.
3) I want to increase max image size upload since the default is causing problems like blank pages, etc. On image settings page, it has size in dimension for resizing. Quality only has 85-100. Is that the only size allowed for max uploading size?
4) New listings are fine, but do you have any idea why this one is messed up?
Shows 3 Photos - http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/browse/birds/parrots/
Click on parrot and details says NO photos
http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/brows ... le-l2.html
Only thing I remember about this listing is that I manually changed it to Gold Package. Other listings working fine now, but I don't want live people's listing to have the same problem so would like to know how it got messed up.

John
May 13, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hello Christina,
- Regarding "approval" status, you are right we will take it into account and make
necessary changes in the next version.

- Regarding listing count, we will test it locally and let you know about results.

- Regarding "Make Main" button, each listing on your image has Crop icon and it means that you enabled "User Crop Interface" module, using this option all new pictures are not active unless owner crop them, also owner unable to select main photo as well.

- Regarding text editor area which is gray for yo now, I need to know your browser and browser version to try reproduce this issue.

- Regarding the listings plans, Featured plan is additional plan type and it appears on "Upgrade Listing" page only, so you can't see your additional featured plans on "add listing" page, if you need Direct Featured plans you should use Direct Featured plan type, such type plans appears on "add listing" page.

>>Another thing, where do you set the max upload size for images?
You should increase the following php option (do it through .htaccess or php.ini files):
- post_max_size = 128MB
- upload_max_filesize = 8MB
- memory_size_limit = 128MB

Thanks

Akram Elsayed
May 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
- Regarding "approval" status, you are right we will take it into account and make
necessary changes in the next version.

- Regarding listing count, we will test it locally and let you know about results. Kewl Thx :)

- Regarding "Make Main" button, each listing on your image has Crop icon and it means that you enabled "User Crop Interface" module, using this option all new pictures are not active unless owner crop them, also owner unable to select main photo as well. I turned crop back on, and see it working like you explained. However, the crop feature wasn't even working at the time either, but I narrowed it down to that listing which I already said was messed up. It was my very first test listing that I changed manually to gold and still don't know what messed up. I mentioned it in this thread in case you want to look into it before I delete the listing. It's working fine now, but I question why it happened and will it happen again. But when I tested the cropping feature just now, it had a different issue where it wouldn't accept all crops b/c it said the cropped area was too small yet the crop box wouldn't go bigger. No biggie, I'm just going to turn that feature off, but your testing crew might want to look into at some point. Here's the link of the listing that messed up (pics don't show but are there, etc) that was causing all the problems that I thought were separate issues. http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/brows ... le-l2.html (http://www.eanimalclassifieds.com/browse/birds/parrots/1-400-00-13-years-female-l2.html) If your not too concerned, then I'll just delete soon.

- Regarding text editor area which is gray for yo now, I need to know your browser and browser version to try reproduce this issue. You gave me an idea. I tried it on IE and I am able to edit it. Yay! :D But don't know why I can't in my normal browser FF. Recently, I've been adding category descriptions and that same edit box is working fine in FF, but welcome box still grayed out. Strange! That edit box is an add-on module to your system, right? Does it have an official mod name? I'm having another tiny issue I would like to see if I can find the answer myself without bugging you guys. It's just when I set HSPACE to 10 it looks great in the edit box, but live in browser, ignores the spacing around my pics. Little, but looks messy and I know it's probably not your issue, but I don't know what this edit box feature is called. For the grayed out area, I'll just edit it in IE for now. Maybe clear history in FF and try too. No biggie now that I have workaround! But it's FF 3.6.3 if you care :D

- Regarding the listings plans, Featured plan is additional plan type and it appears on "Upgrade Listing" page only, so you can't see your additional featured plans on "add listing" page, if you need Direct Featured plans you should use Direct Featured plan type, such type plans appears on "add listing" page. Got it now! Sorry for the some of the normal use questions, but I don't find some of the answers in the manual. I'll be a pro before you know ;)

>>Another thing, where do you set the max upload size for images?
You should increase the following php option (do it through .htaccess or php.ini files):
- post_max_size = 128MB
- upload_max_filesize = 8MB
- memory_size_limit = 128MB Ok, I added that file since it didn't already exist. However, it wasn't having the lockup issues today so time will tell if the increase values are needed. Thx

2) Still have the email link problem after editing my code. See my file I attached. All issues in this thread has workarounds now except this one. When this one is done, I'll close this long thread and start a new one if needed. :)

Thanks a bunch John! :D

Akram Elsayed
June 1, 2010, 08:10 AM
The last two issues in this thread are still issues. I added the image size code to my php.ini file, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. My site is just ignoring some of my pics. It starts to upload and then nothing happens. The sizes are all under 2mb and my php.ini file is set to the max my host allows of 10mb. It acts like it's loading but nothing happens. Come to think about it, that's how my first listing got messed up. Those are some of the same pics. If you remember, I said there are pics showing on home page but if you look at that actual listing, the listing shows no pictures. Front page shows the listing with pictures. I tried to upload the same size pic to your demo site, but your site doesn't even attempt to upload it?!? Maybe because you don't let people upload pics?!? I was going to attach one of the pics, but your site barely allows much to be uploaded at 256kib. Can you upload a 2mb file to my site?

And, the link in my email for ads is still an issue.

Akram Elsayed
June 1, 2010, 08:25 PM
I confirmed today with my host that my php.ini is in the correct spot and set up correctly and they said it's a script error. We even found the same size files were being uploaded for the thumbnail image. So it's just not uploading these sizes for the listing images. Just wanted to add that. :roll:

Akram Elsayed
June 3, 2010, 11:02 AM
I figured out the picture problem tonight. If the width of the pic is too wide even if the total mb size is low, it just doesn't upload the pic and never says why. So if there is a max width & height for the upload feature, how come there is no error msg posting so users aren't confused and know how to correct the pic? Thx

John
June 20, 2010, 06:24 PM
Hello Christina,
Could you collect and list the current problems of the posts above, be shortly please :)
Thanks

Akram Elsayed
June 30, 2010, 03:38 AM
I understand John...confusing! I'm just going to stop adding to this thread. I'll take any outstanding issues and make separate thread.

Pic Upload Problem: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102 (http://support.flynax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102)
Email Ad Link Problem: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103 (http://support.flynax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=103)

I think those are the only two issues left.

Thanks! :D