PDA

View Full Version : Better search function

Peter Jonsson
July 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
The search is broken.

Example:
On my site i have a ad named 'Jakttorn'. If i wanna search for it i need to type the whole name 'Jakttorn'. I should be able to just type 'Jakt' or 'Torn' and then all listings with the those names in the headline should show up.

The fast search works fine. It should be like that with all specifik searches all we need to search on are just some of the ad name. Not the whole name... No one will ever find anything if they dont know the full name in advanced.

Vladimir
July 18, 2012, 04:02 AM
The current search a standard feature of Flynax Software. If you want to modify it you can submit a ticket to our customization area and we will change it.

Peter Jonsson
July 20, 2012, 02:01 PM
I dont see it as an customization. It's broken. Why have a search if i cant search for any keyword ? To be able to search and find a listing you already need to know the listings name :P.

Try the search on my site. (HIDDEN)

Klick on Tjanster and then search for any of these words under 'Rubrik'. Vildsvinsjakter, vakjakter, samnt, smygjak. You wont find any listing but you should have if the search function worked as it should.

Now try to search for the all the words in one line "Vildsvinsjakter vakjakter samnt smygjak". Now you find the listing you where looking for :/

John
July 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hello Peter,
We have improved the keyword search function in Flynax 4.1.0 (will be released soon), I can apply the necessary changes to your
website and probably it will fix the problem you mentioned. I will be able to apply the changes tomorrow.

John

Peter Jonsson
July 20, 2012, 07:00 PM
I can wait for the patch if that comes in a new future :)

rosegarden
July 21, 2012, 02:05 AM
Hello Peter,
We have improved the keyword search function in Flynax 4.1.0 (will be released soon), I can apply the necessary changes to your
website and probably it will fix the problem you mentioned. I will be able to apply the changes tomorrow.

John

Hi John
I am still awaiting for a fix on this as well, can you please include this for me as well

Ticket : MXY-621816

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?502-**-Keyword-Search-ALL-WORDs-search-does-not-work-well-**

Thank you

John
July 21, 2012, 06:30 AM
Hello There,
Peter, I have replied your in ticket, I suggest applying the improved search and make some tests.
Please reply me in the ticket.

Desmond, I have replied you in related thread.

John

Cammie Bradford
July 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
Hello There,
Peter, I have replied your in ticket, I suggest applying the improved search and make some tests.
Please reply me in the ticket.

Desmond, I have replied you in related thread.

John

Hi John,

is it possible to post the fix here in the forum? I know, new flynax will be released in august, but i want to go online with my site this weekend and need a working search function. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Cammie