PDA

View Full Version : Category_ID

Aleksandar Apostolovski
December 2, 2018, 11:38 AM
How can I create Category_ID system file for motorcycles listing type so I could have Make/Model or at least Make for motorcycles?
I already added the motorcycles categories (for Make) in the listing type.

Aleksandar Apostolovski
December 2, 2018, 11:42 AM
I would need to create Category_ID's later for trucks, machines too...

Aleksandar Apostolovski
December 2, 2018, 11:58 AM
I can do this with multil-field but I want to know if there's another way as I already added the categories in the moto listing type :/

Pete Young
December 2, 2018, 08:42 PM
I can do this with multil-field but I want to know if there's another way as I already added the categories in the moto listing type :/

That would be your best option. (my view only, others may have a better way)

Aleksandar Apostolovski
December 2, 2018, 09:22 PM
I agree but in that case I can't set the filter plugin to show all the make/model categories (including the ones without ads).
And if I set the filter to be shown for search results I can't change the make/model in the same page, so I would have to go back on the previous page.

Rudi
December 3, 2018, 03:36 AM
How can I create Category_ID system file for motorcycles listing type so I could have Make/Model or at least Make for motorcycles?
I already added the motorcycles categories (for Make) in the listing type.

A customization will be required to make like you need

Pete Young
December 3, 2018, 09:43 AM
I agree but in that case I can't set the filter plugin to show all the make/model categories (including the ones without ads).
And if I set the filter to be shown for search results I can't change the make/model in the same page, so I would have to go back on the previous page.

? Can not see why you could not do that ? (by using search as your filter per say and not the filter plugin) as you can add the multi level to the search options ?

this is a multi level in search period / circa these could very well be make / model and everything should work ok ? maybe I am not understanding what you want to do ?

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFleQJrtaO

EDIT: I have just been updating a guide I wrote some time ago called ready set fly to help new people and have just re written the section on categories, if you would like a read I am happy to post it here for you if you think it may help.

Aleksandar Apostolovski
December 5, 2018, 08:34 PM
A customization will be required to make like you need

Rudi this should somehow work by default in the Auto script.
Anyway I've paid for the filter plugin, so how can I use it now? I've added moto make/models with multi-field but I can't filter them in the search results with the plugin...

Aleksandar Apostolovski
December 5, 2018, 08:42 PM
? Can not see why you could not do that ? (by using search as your filter per say and not the filter plugin) as you can add the multi level to the search options ?

this is a multi level in search period / circa these could very well be make / model and everything should work ok ? maybe I am not understanding what you want to do ?

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFleQJrtaO

EDIT: I have just been updating a guide I wrote some time ago called ready set fly to help new people and have just re written the section on categories, if you would like a read I am happy to post it here for you if you think it may help.

I see that you use search + refine search option. In my case I use search + filter plugin for the search results instead of the refine search option.
In my case: You search for BMW (just make, not model), then search results show you BMW motorcycles through the filter plugin but If you decide to delete BMW from the filter and browse other makes too, it's simply not possible.
Then you need to go back to the search...

In the case when you have listing type/categories as car make/model in the Auto script then you can have a content box which will allow you to delete BMW from the filter and select another make/model.
The filter plugin is nice if you want to add custom range searches...

I paid for the filter plugin and now it's useless for me, so I would probably get back to the refine option.

Pete Young
December 5, 2018, 11:01 PM
I will have a look at the filter plugin and multi level and see what I can get it to for you.

EDIT

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFlh02rwBd

just done a quick option using multi level and filter and it all works fine ?

not sure but you must be doing something wrong, in the filter setup or search you need to load all level for example Make and under that Load Model, then when they for example load a Make, model will appear, from there they can just edit filters.

I just use search because it does basically the same but works better for me.