PDA

View Full Version : ** Keyword Search : ALL WORDs search does not work well **

rosegarden
July 13, 2012, 01:10 AM
KEYWORD SEARCH QUESTIONS

"All WORDS" search does not work well for all other fields unless search work is within the same field

I have tested many times and found out that All keyword does not work when the fields are separated.

For example if you have a listing which has the following separate fields

Condition : "Used" (Field type : option)
Color : "pink" (Field type : option)

I search "Australia pink" for ALL WORDS option

Rightfully, it should only display result for listings which has "Australia" AND "pink" however that is negative

Listing result will be all listings for "Australia" OR "pink"

The only time AND will work well is when both search words are in the same field for same if you have a title or description that is "Pink xxxx yyyy in Australia" (Field type : text or textarea)

rosegarden
July 13, 2012, 04:25 AM
Further checking show the following

If the keyword you used to search is field type which is text or textarea (same or different does not matter), it will work fine.

This mean if you are searching for "Australia pink" and both field type is text or textarea, it does not matter whether they are same field or different, it will work.

But if the field is a drop-down list, Yes/No, Radio set, the ALL WORDS search will not work.

This mean to say if you search "Australia pink" and Australia is a drop-down list field. All the listings which is "Australia" will display

Hope this bug get fixed asap

Viktor
July 16, 2012, 11:52 AM
Hello Desmond Lim,

Would you please create new ticket with this request. We will check it a solve.

rosegarden
July 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hello Viktor
I submit a new ticket for this request

MXY-621816

Thank you

rosegarden
July 19, 2012, 01:28 AM
Any update on this?

John
July 21, 2012, 06:29 AM
Hello Desmond,
I have applied update keyword search function to your website but unable to test it because
can't find keyword search box on your pages :) Please test it and get back to me here or in ticket.

John

rosegarden
July 21, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hello Desmond,
I have applied update keyword search function to your website but unable to test it because
can't find keyword search box on your pages :) Please test it and get back to me here or in ticket.

John

Hi John
It is showing sql error when search, could be due to one of the customisation done previously by your team.

Please check it out in the ticket and help to resolve asap.

rosegarden
July 23, 2012, 04:18 AM
Thanks for solving it promptly :)

I revert you on the ticket with a question.

Cammie Bradford
July 26, 2012, 07:35 AM
Hi,

i have also seen, that if i have a listing with the phrase "dies ist ein Test" for example in title or description of an ad, and try to search after "test", it says there are no results. But if i am searching after "Test", it shows me the ad as result. But this is bad, it should show in both cases the ad. Hope you understand what i mean.

And can you also provide the update of keyword search function you have done for Desmond?

Thanks for your great help!

Best regards,

Cammie