PDA

View Full Version : Will customizations made for one Flynax Template work in another Flynax Template?

Brian Jester
October 18, 2018, 04:08 PM
Hello,

Just curious on this question, I have a customization done for the general_wide template, will that customization work in another Flynax Template or no?

Brian

Wei Hong
October 19, 2018, 02:01 AM
If the customization is done on the template folder of general_wide, it obviously won't work on other template. You need to compare and copy or edit it to make it work on other template

Brian Jester
October 19, 2018, 11:07 AM
If the customization is done on the template folder of general_wide, it obviously won't work on other template. You need to compare and copy or edit it to make it work on other template

I haven't tried it yet, but it was a customization done on the advanced search page (General_Wide Template), which has to do with the 3 location select menus, It (advanced search page) looks pretty much the same, and I was thinking the code would work, but hey if it doesn't I will work with what I have for now. Can't get too picky / choosy at this point.

Brian

Wei Hong
October 19, 2018, 11:32 AM
you can compare and copy it to the new template, too. It would not be that hard I think if the structure is similar

Brian Jester
October 19, 2018, 02:20 PM
Actually,

It's does work, as it did not require modifications of any of the template files, the customization modified files outside of the template folders. So I am so happy about that being that I can use that customization on other templates, if I desired to do so.

Brian

Wei Hong
October 19, 2018, 04:57 PM
Actually,

It's does work, as it did not require modifications of any of the template files, the customization modified files outside of the template folders. So I am so happy about that being that I can use that customization on other templates, if I desired to do so.

Brian

Glad to hear that :D