PDA

View Full Version : The new version is coming.

Viktor
September 21, 2018, 10:10 AM
Hey Guys,

Are you ready? The latest version of the Flynax is coming.
The latest product testing is coming to an end. Also, read it here: https://twitter.com/Flynax/status/1043053106899116032

Wei Hong
September 21, 2018, 11:53 AM
Hey Guys,

Are you ready? The latest version of the Flynax is coming.
The latest product testing is coming to an end. Also, read it here: https://twitter.com/Flynax/status/1043053106899116032

bravo bravo I'm so hyped now. Good job Flynax Team
Love u

Giorgi Gogiberidze
September 21, 2018, 04:02 PM
AWESOME :rolleyes:

can we see Version ChangeLog ?

David Mundle
September 21, 2018, 07:49 PM
How long after will the new theme be released then???

Brian Jester
September 22, 2018, 01:23 AM
I can't wait myself...I would consider this a 'get well' present for me, being that I have been injured for that past month...Going through therapy for recovery, but doing better now.

Thank you for the updates Flynax!
Brian

Wei Hong
September 22, 2018, 06:50 AM
yes, can we see change log for now?

Blackred
September 22, 2018, 07:39 AM
They could have put it on Friday so that we can work all weekend to not lose more time, because it's been a month that is waiting!

Wei Hong
September 25, 2018, 06:37 AM
I'm so hype for the new version that coming out today. :D

Giorgi Gogiberidze
September 25, 2018, 07:42 AM
i can't waiting more... :D

Giorgi Gogiberidze
September 25, 2018, 03:05 PM
where is new version ? ;)

Viktor
September 25, 2018, 06:19 PM
You can see it here: https://www.flynax.com/version-changelog.html

Pete Young
September 25, 2018, 09:52 PM
You can see it here: https://www.flynax.com/version-changelog.html

Looks good, thank you for the update & fixes, looking forward to updating.

Pete Young
September 26, 2018, 11:21 AM
one question with the last upgrade I seen a new template for that so I am guessing I will need to at least upgrade to the last template ?

Viktor
September 26, 2018, 03:09 PM
Yes, you need upgrade your site to the latest version. We are creating patch for upgrade. Also, we can upgrade your product to the latest version.

Wei Hong
September 27, 2018, 05:52 AM
one question with the last upgrade I seen a new template for that so I am guessing I will need to at least upgrade to the last template ?

Yes Pete, all templates need to be replaced with new version to ensure compatible.

Wei Hong
September 27, 2018, 07:39 AM
Yes, you need upgrade your site to the latest version. We are creating patch for upgrade. Also, we can upgrade your product to the latest version.

Hi Viktor, I read in change log that new template is coming soon. Can we have some info regarding it like release date? Screenshot? Or what scripts will it apply (classifieds, real estate?)

Pete Young
September 27, 2018, 09:46 AM
Yes Pete, all templates need to be replaced with new version to ensure compatible.

Ok so that means no update until template is ready ?

John
September 27, 2018, 10:18 AM
Hi folks!
We are still working hard on the new template but we can't provide you with timeframes yet.
Now we are developing the new template core and integrates new classifieds theme using it.
So the first new template will be for Classifieds Script, after that we will make 5 more templates
for rest script types.

Please follow us in twitter (https://twitter.com/@flynax) to get news and screenshots of new template development progress.

John

Pete Young
September 27, 2018, 12:18 PM
ok will wait for the templates, sounds good.

David Mundle
September 27, 2018, 06:36 PM
Yes i thing i will wait for the new template before i do anything else now i think otherwise it's pointless.

Justin Mueller
September 27, 2018, 11:24 PM
I went ahead and updated to 4.7. Everything seems to be working just fine on the little testing I've done so far. Thank you Flynax.

Wei Hong
September 27, 2018, 11:54 PM
Ok so that means no update until template is ready ?

Yes Pete. Actually if u are from 4.6.2 to 4.7 it would not hurt much. But it ure from lower version you will most likely see blank page or some function not working.

Viktor
September 28, 2018, 08:18 AM
Yes, you are right Wei, if your site customized you can see a blank page or some function not working that's why you should have full backup of your current site and database.

Ionut Barabasa
September 28, 2018, 09:41 AM
Hi folks!
We are still working hard on the new template but we can't provide you with timeframes yet.
Now we are developing the new template core and integrates new classifieds theme using it.
So the first new template will be for Classifieds Script, after that we will make 5 more templates
for rest script types.

Please follow us in twitter (https://twitter.com/@flynax) to get news and screenshots of new template development progress.

John

What kind of templates will they be? Free or Premium?

John
September 28, 2018, 10:08 AM
What kind of templates will they be? Free or Premium?

All 6 new templates will be premium.

Wei Hong
September 29, 2018, 08:09 AM
Yes, you are right Wei, if your site customized you can see a blank page or some function not working that's why you should have full backup of your current site and database.

Hi Viktor,

Does the new version has rotate feature for listing image?

Viktor
October 1, 2018, 04:05 AM
Not yet, the feature doesn't exist in the new version of the product.

David Mundle
October 2, 2018, 11:22 PM
Hello Guys

Does this new version of the script 4.7 run on the latest PHP 7.2+ versions without any issues because the reason i ask is since i use this latest version of PHP i have had some load issues with the maps on the ad listings pages and issues with cron jobs not working, i am currently running version 4.6.2 of Flynax.

Thanks
David

Viktor
October 3, 2018, 04:08 AM
Yes, you can install the latest version to php 7.2+ But some of the plugins maybe cannot work.

David Mundle
October 3, 2018, 09:04 AM
Hi Viktor

Thanks for your reply but what is the point in installing the latest version if some of the plugins won't work with the latest PHP version? Surly your losing a fighting battle with things they way they are.

Why not in future updates don't flynax update everything before they release a new version because now how long after i upgrade the script will the plugins be updated?

Thanks
David

Viktor
October 3, 2018, 10:38 AM
Plugins will work with the latest version of the product but some of the plugins didn't adapt to the latest version of the php.
We are trying to upgrade or plugins but exist 80+ plugins.

David Mundle
October 4, 2018, 02:16 PM
Okay so one of the other reason for posting this info is because now since i have upgraded my PHP version from 7.0 to 7.2 in WHM for this account the crons have not been working as i thought was the case now for the 2 weeks and to back this up i am now getting a message in my admin panel saying the below message? Please check the cron configuration; it hasn’t been run since Sep 26, 2018.

Viktor
October 4, 2018, 03:29 PM
Would you please send us a cron command which you added to cron jobs on your cpanel.

David Mundle
October 4, 2018, 05:00 PM
Hello Viktor PM sent so please check that....Thanks

QuickRon
October 5, 2018, 11:15 PM
I'm perplexed.

Back in November 2016, version 5 was first mentioned. It's just about 2 years later, and the BIG news is the release of version 4.7??

I have been holding off from updating my site, waiting on v5, because my site has a lot of customizations that will need to be redone. What the heck is going on with version 5? Are there still plans for v5? If so, when will it be released?

Thank you,
Ron

John
October 9, 2018, 05:30 AM
Hello Ron,
Yes you are right, we delayed the Flynax 5 version release but it happens due to many factors.
Anyway we are working on the development version of the software and releasing updates which
makes us close to Flynax 5 release.

John

QuickRon
October 9, 2018, 12:46 PM
Hi John.
Thanks for replying but your answer is still vague, and is basically the same that we've heard over the past two years. We keep hearing that you're close to release.

Don't we deserve a little more transparency? Can you not provide an actual ETA? Are you X weeks away? Are you X months away? Will it be another year?

This one site of mine is still on v4.5.0 and I really need to update it to the latest version, BUT I don't want to go through the whole process AND update the customizations ONLY to find out a few months later that v5 is being released.

We just need to know the truth on v5, or at least a realistic ETA. I think we can all handle it. ;-)

Thank you
Ron