PDA

View Full Version : Registration options not working correctly

Pete Young
August 15, 2018, 01:45 AM
When edition registration fields you can choose to show on registration form and or on the account details page, if you choose to show on accounts detail page only, it does not resolve / work, how does one fix this please.

regards
Pete

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFjoVbqIVh

Viktor
August 15, 2018, 02:36 AM
It is not a bug. Edit profile page is using the same fields as on registration page. That's why you cannot see this field. You should select both checkboxes. Why do you want to select only one checkbox?

Pete Young
August 15, 2018, 06:20 AM
It is not a bug. Edit profile page is using the same fields as on registration page. That's why you cannot see this field. You should select both checkboxes. Why do you want to select only one checkbox?

Hello Viktor, if it is not a bug, why do we have the choice of 2 checkboxes

show or registration form and show on accounts detail page ? if they both just showed on both then why would we even need the two options ?

the reason is people are filling in the fields on registration without understanding that the information is public, so I want to limit the registration to a bit like quick register to get just the required information to sign in and then in the welcome email and then link them to a page that describes how to complete your account details section.

Pete

Edit : I thought afterwards, maybe it works the other way so I tested that and it made no difference, forwards / backwards view account details on or off makes no difference and does nothing? / edit 2 - also checked flynax demo site and it also does not work properly on there ? there seems no use to the option view on account detail page as nothing changes anywhere no matter what you do?

Enable on Registration page View account details page

Viktor
August 15, 2018, 08:06 AM
show or registration form and show on accounts detail page ? if they both just showed on both then why would we even need the two options ?
Because some of the fields need to show on registration pages and no need to show on account details page.

the reason is people are filling in the fields on registration without understanding that the information is public, so I want to limit the registration to a bit like quick register to get just the required information to sign in and then in the welcome email and then link them to a page that describes how to complete your account details section.
We have do it as a small customization. But you need to create a ticket.

Pete Young
August 15, 2018, 08:17 AM
OK thank you Viktor, I am going to upgrade to the latest version shortly (with your due update) and will schedule a custom job after that update. appreciate your feedback
Regards
Pete