PDA

View Full Version : Changing plan bugs

Wei Hong
August 10, 2018, 08:10 AM
EDITED in Oct 25, 2019.
Not yet fixed even in version 4.8

This bug effects those who:

1. Offer multiple listing plans with different active duration (days). For example your site offer 2 plans: plan 1 active 10 days, plan 2 active 20 days. You will get this bugs. Check my report below, the one in quote, basically when you extend your listing duration, you get either more days than show on plan, or get subtract your active days.
2. Offer featured listing plan. You will face this bug. Here is how: You have a featured listing that you already paid, and then you want to extend none-featured duration, if you do that, your remain featured is removed.
** Real example: I have a listing that still have 10 days as featured listing left, I decided to paid to extend none-featured duration, after paid, the remain 10 days featured is removed.

My suggestion to fix this is:
1. Change the calculation method to whenever user paid for service, add that time period as extra to the current time. For example: I have 2 days left, I paid for a 10 days plan. Total I have 12 days. I paid again 10 days. Total I have 22 days. As of now when you paid to extend, it add weird number of days, sometimes it even subtract the remaining days, depend on the plan you paid has more or less days than your previous plan.
2. Change the calculation so that we have featured duration and none-featured duration counted separately. Check whether user has featured or none-featured left before deactivate it, check featured first as priority, then non-featured. If user paid to extend none-featured then add the time to none-featured. If they paid to extend featured, then add the time to featured. As of now, when user has a featured listings and want to extend their none-featured, it remove the featured time.

-------------------------
ORIGINALLY POSTED:
I just recently found this bug on 4.6.2. Tested on flynax Demo All in One

I created 2 plans: A and B, A has 3 days duration and B has 7 days duration. The rest are the same.
If continue to change the same plan A to A, or B to B, date add as normal.
If I change plan from A to B, duration add 10 more days instead of 7 days, it adds plan A 3 days duration as extra.
If I change plan from B to A, duration subtract 1 day instead of adding another 3 days.

Can this be fixed? It confuses users.

I did the following test on flynax demo and note

Initial Expiration Date: 16-Oct
Change A (3days) to B (7days): 27-Oct
Change B to B: 3-Nov
Change B to A: 2-Nov
Change A to B: 13-Nov
Change B to A: 12-Nov
Change A to A: 15-Nov
Change A to B: 26-Nov
Change B to A: 25-Nov

Same thing on my site too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated check in November 18, 2018 with version 4.7

I'm very sad. The bug is still there on version 4.7. Here is my test very similar to initial test 3 months ago

Initial Expiration Date: 20-11
Change A (3days) to B (7days): 01-12 <-- NOT OK. Should be 27.11 (+7)
Change B to B: 8-12 <-- OK if count from 01-12, its +7 days
Change B to A: 7-12 <-- NOT OK. Should be 11-12 (+3) but it (-1)
Change A to B: 18-12 <-- NOT OK. (+11). Should (+7)
Change B to A: 17-12 <-- NOT OK. (-1). Should (+3)
Change A to A: 20-12 <-- OK. (+3)
Change A to B: 31-12 <-- NOT OK. (+11). Should (+7)
Change B to A: 30-12 <-- NOT OK. (-1) Should (+3)

Break down:
- OK if update the same plan such as A to A or B to B
- PROBLEM when update different plan:
+ A to B: script add duration of both A and B, while it should only add B
+ B to A: script subtract duration by 1, while it should add duration of A
----> The correction is: Script should add duration of plan that you change to. Just that. ((((((

This is a big problem. We can't charge user for using such inconsistent service.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated today June 10, 2019 with version 4.7.2

Hi guys,

Today I test again to see this bug is fixed on new released version 4.7.2 and very sad to find that it's still there. I just tested on Flynax Demo 4.7.2

If you have 2 plans with different duration, everything else is the same for example: 3 days and 7 days.
Update from 3 days to 3 days or 7 days to 7 days, the same duration plan is working fine. Meaning it will add extra 3 days or extra 7 days accordingly. Which makes senses.

The problem occurs when you change/upgrade plan with different duration:
I. Situation 1, when you change to a plan that has duration days less than your initial. 3 < 7
Lets say you initially used 7 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 3 days, it should add extra 3 days which expire in Jun 13. Nope, it adds 10 days ( which is combination of initial 7 days plan plus the 3 days plan that you changing into), which result in the awkward expiration day of June 20.

II. Situation 2, when you change to a plan that has duration days more than your initial. 7 > 3
Lets say you initially used 3 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 7 days, it should add extra 7 days which expire in Jun 17. Nope, it subtract 1 day, which result in the awkward expiration day of June 9.

These results that I got from testing on Flynax Demo site 4.7.2 just minutes ago.
My recommendation for this is which ever plan user upgrade to, the duration of that plan should be add on top of the current duration. I'm not sure what the math Flynax is using, but subtract and add combination is not correct.

Please fix it.
Think about customer when they paid money to have extra 3 days duration and they got -1 as a result (situation 2), or how confused to paid for 7 days extra duration and got 10 days extra instead (situation 1).

With that problem, we should not charge for service if we have different plan with different duration, the duration will not add right.

Another issue that confuse is the featured plan. If user paid 10 days featured and then want to add 30 days regular, they should be able to do so without losing their paid featured. Because at the moment if you paid for lets say 10 days featured and then when you have for example 5 days featured left, you want to add extra 30 days regular duration, you will lost the remain 5 featured days.
My recommendation for this is: Featured duration should be separate with the regular duration. And priority for featured duration go first. If featured duration ran out, then check for regular duration.

Viktor
August 10, 2018, 09:49 AM
Hello Wei Hong,

Yes, we know about it. Thank you for the attention. Already exist this task in our TODO and our developers are working on this task.

Wei Hong
August 11, 2018, 05:57 AM
Hello Wei Hong,

Yes, we know about it. Thank you for the attention. Already exist this task in our TODO and our developers are working on this task.

Thanks Viktor,

If possible would you please sharing the fix here, it is a very important issue to flynax site.

Bahram Soltanirad
August 12, 2018, 07:14 PM
Wei, thank you for the information. I'll check it for a solution.

Wei Hong
August 13, 2018, 07:03 AM
Wei, thank you for the information. I'll check it for a solution.

No problem Bahram, I hope this get fixed fast :(

Viktor
August 13, 2018, 08:41 AM
Hello All,

We will fix it in the next version of the product which we will release it soon.

Giorgi Gogiberidze
August 19, 2018, 06:15 PM
Hi Viktor

I Find one more little bug

I create 2 plan Free(5 pics) and Featured(10 pic 1 video)

1. user posting ad by free package
2. user make upgrade to feature package
3. in "ad editing mode" plan filed appears Free Package again and USER MUST MANUALLY CHANGE PLAN TO FEATURE to add more pics and video
I tested on DEMO also and same problem :rolleyes:

Viktor
August 20, 2018, 02:56 AM
Hello Giorgi,

Would you please explain to me how did you upgrade the plan? Please check my screenshot: https://prnt.sc/kkm0f7
Exist 2 links. Also, you can buy a new package here: https://prnt.sc/kkm0t2
Need a bit more information with screenshots if possible of course.

Giorgi Gogiberidze
August 20, 2018, 07:04 AM
HI Viktor

I tested both ways "Upgrade to Featured" and "Upgrade Package" and the result is the same, i make screens on a demo and show you in more details and also i want to show you dropdown menu for Location too.

( just give me 30 min )

Giorgi Gogiberidze
August 20, 2018, 07:49 AM
Location dropdown menu

1 when i choose country marker works good, https://prnt.sc/kko6wh
2 but if i choose any country for example : united states https://prnt.sc/kko8kr then State/Region/Province Not Working
3. https://prnt.sc/kko9qu All other dropdown menus working good category menus and etc...

and Good news about Packages, I don't know what happened but now works perfect :rolleyes:

Viktor
August 20, 2018, 08:59 AM
About "Location dropdown menu" I think exist some js error that's why 2nd level doesn't work. I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem.

About plans. Please check my screesnhots:
My plan Bronze Package https://prnt.sc/kkp78z
Changed to Free Package https://prnt.sc/kkp7z5
Checked on edit listing page: https://prnt.sc/kkp8nq

Bahram Soltanirad
November 15, 2018, 03:11 PM
Hello All,

We will fix it in the next version of the product which we will release it soon.

Hello Viktor, Unfortunately the problem still exists in 4.7

Viktor
November 16, 2018, 02:56 PM
I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem or send ftp access to my PM I will check it.

Bahram Soltanirad
November 17, 2018, 07:27 AM
I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem or send ftp access to my PM I will check it.

Hello Wei, please confirm if the problem still exists.
Hello Viktor, I have 4.6.2 at the host and 4.7 at my local server.
I also checked with demo. It still exists and also there are two different results if you change the plan with Edit process or Upgrade/Renew process.

Wei Hong
November 18, 2018, 03:33 AM
Hello Wei, please confirm if the problem still exists.
Hello Viktor, I have 4.6.2 at the host and 4.7 at my local server.
I also checked with demo. It still exists and also there are two different results if you change the plan with Edit process or Upgrade/Renew process.

I lost track and forgot about this important bug. I have 4.7 will test it tonight

Wei Hong
November 18, 2018, 04:03 AM
I'm very sad. The bug is still there on version 4.7. Here is my test very similar to initial test 3 months ago

Break down:
----> The correction is: Script should add duration of plan that you change to. Just that. :(((((((

This is a big problem. We can't charge user for using such inconsistent service.

Wei Hong
January 22, 2019, 08:11 AM
Hi,

Just to keep people posted that this issue still exist since 4.6.2. Is there any temporary fix until we have official fix?
I can't charge people if they paid for more days but got reduced days instead. :(((

Wei Hong
January 23, 2019, 05:14 AM
I'm just curious is it only me who's planning to charge for using posting plan?
Because this is not going to work if customer paid extra money to extend their service and got reduced service instead. :((((((

Pete Young
January 23, 2019, 05:35 AM
this should be fixed by support yes in a ticket ?

Wei Hong
January 24, 2019, 06:56 AM
this should be fixed by support yes in a ticket ?

I got a quote for fixing it right now. Or wait for next update, which you know not even an estimated release date yet so it could take months if not a whole year. :(((((( I have been with flynax for years and was using free plan, just recently decided make some paid plan for some income and immediately come across this bug. Still surprise that no one seems to care about it, which means not too many people making money from it? At least from using posting ads plan?

Bahram Soltanirad
January 24, 2019, 09:27 AM
Still surprise that no one seems to care about it, which means not too many people making money from it? At least from using posting ads plan?

I care about it and i think all of flynax customers are care about it; but sometimes you like to sit and watch.
I think, most of the users do not change the listing plan or they do it after listing is expired. Actually, it seems there is a logic behind current changing plan process for calculating listing live, and i hope, flynax explain it to us.

Pete Young
January 24, 2019, 10:04 AM
I got a quote for fixing it right now. Or wait for next update, which you know not even an estimated release date yet so it could take months if not a whole year. :(((((( I have been with flynax for years and was using free plan, just recently decided make some paid plan for some income and immediately come across this bug. Still surprise that no one seems to care about it, which means not too many people making money from it? At least from using posting ads plan?

we all care, as for a pay to fix it now, that is not correct "if its a bug", poor response and bad service if so.

Still surprise that no one seems to care about it, at least you got a response, I am being ignored on another bug, and no response to simple questions, I feel very angry about it, but will keep my calm until its sorted. just very disappointing.

Wei Hong
January 25, 2019, 02:12 AM
I care about it and i think all of flynax customers are care about it; but sometimes you like to sit and watch.
I think, most of the users do not change the listing plan or they do it after listing is expired. Actually, it seems there is a logic behind current changing plan process for calculating listing live, and i hope, flynax explain it to us.
Yea Bahram, you have a point. Probably thats why. But we can't be sure sometimes customers want to add more days so they can keep their mind on something else. In my test it doesn't make sense to have reduced duration after upgrade, and sometimes addition duration on top of the plan you just upgraded. :(((( Flynax team agreed it's a bug and working to fix it since 4.6.2.

we all care, as for a pay to fix it now, that is not correct "if its a bug", poor response and bad service if so.

at least you got a response, I am being ignored on another bug, and no response to simple questions, I feel very angry about it, but will keep my calm until its sorted. just very disappointing.

When I made the ticket I was hoping that they would act fast and fix the bug since it's critical as a paid services related bug. But I was turn down with a quote, still it's an option if things go super south. I might have to pay for it if needed.

Not sure what problem you're having, would you might refer me to it?

Pete Young
January 25, 2019, 07:58 AM
When I made the ticket I was hoping that they would act fast and fix the bug since it's critical as a paid services related bug. But I was turn down with a quote, still it's an option if things go super south. I might have to pay for it if needed. If this is a bug, then there is no way you can pay for a fix, full stop.

There are those that may say that flynax purposely puts bugs into the system, and then get greenhorns and unwitting to pay, as it stands those words are false in that flynax (to my knowledge) has never charged any person to fix a genuine bug, putting that story to bed without question.

It would be like me buying a new TV, taking it home and taking it out the box, to see the screen broken and them telling me ok, come in and pay for repairs and we will fix it for you. Never going to happen and it would be against consumer laws.

And I do not think flynax are that stupid. I would ask to raise the matter higher up for a resolution and for it to be resolved for you at no cost, as it should be done by any reputable company, let alone as claimed the worlds best.

Even the reference for you to pay is not good, but lets err on the side of caution and just maybe somebody in flynax has crossed wires, and the message you have is a genuine mistake.

No
t sure what problem you're having, would you might refer me to it? it looks like something might be getting done but rather than just a simple explanation of how to do it I now have to create a ticket ? what for I do not know, but I will stay calm.

Wei Hong
January 26, 2019, 06:16 AM
Yes Pete,

Just like you I've been with Flynax since 2013 and honestly I don't recall anytime Flynax charge any money for fixing a bug. So I was quite surprise, my guess is that this bug is hard to fix and they won't do it for free if I want it fixed asap. They want me to wait till next update which is no sight of even an eta released date yet. Though I had raised this problem in Aug 2018 in forum, and made a ticket in Nov 2018 which after exchanging information I then got a quote in Jan 22, 2019.

A bit sad but what option do I have... Fortunately I'm still working on my site and it's not fully working yet.

Pete Young
January 26, 2019, 08:33 AM
Yes Pete,

Just like you I've been with Flynax since 2013 and honestly I don't recall anytime Flynax charge any money for fixing a bug. So I was quite surprise, my guess is that this bug is hard to fix and they won't do it for free if I want it fixed asap. They want me to wait till next update which is no sight of even an eta released date yet. Though I had raised this problem in Aug 2018 in forum, and made a ticket in Nov 2018 which after exchanging information I then got a quote in Jan 22, 2019.

A bit sad but what option do I have... Fortunately I'm still working on my site and it's not fully working yet.

I have just read the entire thread, and you have been told to send it in for a for a fix, this combined with everything else, does not lead to now wanting to charge you, and if that's what they want to do then you can read the headlines now. " buy your flynax script today, but if it does not work, we will charge you to fix our mistake tomorrow".

From principle I would not be paying, and you have every right to feel disappointed, but I will say again to clarify with flynax, because I really doubt flynax would do this, and who ever told you this has no idea and has made a mistake.

With that said, last year I thought that it was the best year ever, I had seen the whole support side and in general flynax be, and it really did look like they were travelling in the right direction and improving, it was a good thing to see, I just hope that everything continues in that way and does not go backwards.

What would I know, well I have spent the last 40 years in sales and customer service and am still actively involved today with my own businesses and other business and dealt with more customers and problems than I can remember, below is a letter I got yesterday from one of my personal customers, and is typical of the responses I get.

Sent: Friday, 25 January 2019 1:52 PM
To: admin@xxxxxx

HI there Pete, The parcel arrived Oh WOW , Pete you can pack things for me anytime, you did a wonderful job.,, and the Game OMG it made me cry when i opened it, its perfect will send over a pic to you to show you were it is sitting in the games cupboard, along side all the others, thank you again for you time, You went far beyond anything that i have ever seen.... Thank you Pete for been a wonderful Human , Not many around like you Pete... with kind regards from Jxxxxxxx

Hang in there as I am confident everything will work out for you, just sorry you have to get to feel like this in process, it should never happen like this, and remember that there are people here supporting you and willing to help as best we can, so do not feel alone, sometimes working with flynax can be very frustrating and it takes time.

Ramu Palanisamy
January 26, 2019, 09:26 AM
Just want share one thing here to Flynax Team ....when customer happy with success no one cant stop Flynax Success. Sales and service is very important in any business.

Pete Young
January 27, 2019, 01:16 AM

Break down:
----> The correction is: Script should add duration of plan that you change to. Just that. :(((((((

Hello Wei Hong, I have pulled down to see what the error is as best I can and have found the following,

1 > 2 | A > B if 1 < 2 then A + B | should be | + B (thinking here is they have thought they needed to add new to old / existing hence why they have A + B ( new plus old / existing ) but old already exists in the numbers, so need to remove the A part to make it correct , existing to B ( or the package being updated to ).

1 = 2 | A = A if A = A the + A ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 = 2 | B = B if B = B the + B ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 > 1 | B > A else ( B > A ) then ? Absolutely no idea how this one came about in a mathematical / logical way because with those numbers getting a negative one is strange at best ? If you add A + B (as in the first thinking) then take B*2 and then add A *1 you get the negative number, struggling to get my head thinking like that ? anyway it should be existing + A ( or the package being updated to )

as an example of what's happening here in both of your examples see below.

B > A 8-Dec
.+ ab . (+ 10) 18-Dec
.- b*2 (. - 14) 4-Dec
.+ A (. + 3) 7-Dec

and

B > A 31-Dec
.+ ab (. + 10) 10-Jan
.- b*2 (. - 14) 27-Dec
.+ A (. + 3) 30-Dec

Giving the 2 results you had.

In all instances it should be adding the new listing plan numbers to the existing balance of days, there is no need for any other calculation to happen here and should be an easy fix. In short the need to replace the if > than or if < than options with the same options for if = to option.

Wei Hong
January 27, 2019, 02:06 AM
Hello Wei Hong, I have pulled down to see what the error is as best I can and have found the following,

1 > 2 | A > B if 1 < 2 then A + B | should be | + B (thinking here is they have thought they needed to add new to old / existing hence why they have A + B ( new plus old / existing ) but old already exists in the numbers, so need to remove the A part to make it correct , existing to B ( or the package being updated to ).

1 = 2 | A = A if A = A the + A ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 = 2 | B = B if B = B the + B ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 > 1 | B > A else ( B > A ) then ? Absolutely no idea how this one came about in a mathematical / logical way because with those numbers getting a negative one is strange at best ? If you add A + B (as in the first thinking) then take B*2 and then add A *1 you get the negative number, struggling to get my head thinking like that ? anyway it should be existing + A ( or the package being updated to )

as an example of what's happening here in both of your examples see below.

B > A 8-Dec
.+ ab . (+ 10) 18-Dec
.- b*2 (. - 14) 4-Dec
.+ A (. + 3) 7-Dec

and

B > A 31-Dec
.+ ab (. + 10) 10-Jan
.- b*2 (. - 14) 27-Dec
.+ A (. + 3) 30-Dec

Giving the 2 results you had.

In all instances it should be adding the new listing plan numbers to the existing balance of days, there is no need for any other calculation to happen here and should be an easy fix. In short the need to replace the if > than or if < than options with the same options for if = to option.

Hi Pete,

I'm glad that your customers love you for the businesses that you're running. It is what keep things going on well isn't it!
And thank you for your in-depth analysis it makes thing easier to understand. As you suggest, I also don't think this issue need complicated calculation to be honest. I hope we'll get sound response from flynax soon.

:))))

Wei Hong
June 10, 2019, 08:12 AM
Please see my first post on this thread, I updated all test from version 4.6.2 to 4.7.2 there.
https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?4924-Changing-plan-bugs&p=23475&viewfull=1#post23475

Hi guys,

Today I test again to see this bug is fixed on new released version 4.7.2 and very sad to find that it's still there. I just tested on Flynax Demo 4.7.2

If you have 2 plans with different duration, everything else is the same for example: 3 days and 7 days.
Update from 3 days to 3 days or 7 days to 7 days, the same duration plan is working fine. Meaning it will add extra 3 days or extra 7 days accordingly. Which makes senses.

The problem occurs when you change/upgrade plan with different duration:
I. Situation 1, when you change to a plan that has duration days less than your initial. 3 < 7
Lets say you initially used 7 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 3 days, it should add extra 3 days which expire in Jun 13. Nope, it adds 10 days ( which is combination of initial 7 days plan plus the 3 days plan that you changing into), which result in the awkward expiration day of June 20.

II. Situation 2, when you change to a plan that has duration days more than your initial. 7 > 3
Lets say you initially used 3 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 7 days, it should add extra 7 days which expire in Jun 17. Nope, it subtract 1 day, which result in the awkward expiration day of June 9.

These results that I got from testing on Flynax Demo site 4.7.2 just minutes ago.
My recommendation for this is which ever plan user upgrade to, the duration of that plan should be add on top of the current duration. I'm not sure what the math Flynax is using, but subtract and add combination is not correct.

Please fix it.
Think about customer when they paid money to have extra 3 days duration and they got -1 as a result (situation 2), or how confused to paid for 7 days extra duration and got 10 days extra instead (situation 1).

With that problem, we should not charge for service if we have different plan with different duration, the duration will not add right.

Another issue that confuse is the featured plan. If user paid 10 days featured and then want to add 30 days regular, they should be able to do so without losing their paid featured. Because at the moment if you paid for lets say 10 days featured and then when you have for example 5 days featured left, you want to add extra 30 days regular duration, you will lost the remain 5 featured days.
My recommendation for this is: Featured duration should be separate with the regular duration. And priority for featured duration go first. If featured duration ran out, then check for regular duration.

Wei Hong
October 25, 2019, 09:02 AM
Yea I know it more than a year. But I will bring this up again to get your attention. I bet you guys haven't notice this BUG yet because you haven't started making money from your flynax site.
Please read my first post in this thread. If you offer paid plan service, you get effect. If your site is always free then really, its a bug so...

Rudi
October 25, 2019, 09:28 AM
Hello Wei Hong,

Could you create a ticket so that our developer could investigate it based on your description ?

Wei Hong
October 25, 2019, 09:55 AM
Hi Rudi,

I made 3 tickets over the past year. ZSD-641315, OOO-906553, and TSE-262016
But please only check this ticket TSE-262016 since it has the latest information. I have been waiting patiently since my site is still in testing phase, I'm the only active user on my site. But I'm planning to open it to public soon that is why I brought this up again.

Thank you

Jose luis Lau cruz
October 25, 2019, 09:14 PM
What is the issue?

Pete Young
October 25, 2019, 11:26 PM
Wei Hong, one way you can sort this for now is to think a little outside of the box, to do this you would need to do 2 things.

as an example

Set your notification for renewal to say 7 days (or any number you like) and then lets say you package is for 90 days You then set your total days to 90 + 7 days (97 days ) in the description you word it something like 90 days + renewal ? not sure how to re word it but you have the idea.

So what happens here is that when they get the renewal email and they renew, and lets say they have 7 days to go then by renewing then they get the balance of the 7 days plus the new 90 days.

The last thing you could do and I think this can be done is make renewal inactive until the renew period (7 days ) comes into effect.

these changes would solve all problems, the worst that could happen is they would get extra days if they delayed renewal, is it ideal ? probably not but you could implement it as a effective workaround for now. you could add a small description on the renew page of how things work if you wanted to ?

Pete

Rudi
October 26, 2019, 07:35 PM
But please only check this ticket TSE-262016 since it has the latest information. I have been waiting patiently since my site is still in testing phase, I'm the only active user on my site. But I'm planning to open it to public soon that is why I brought this up again.

I've checked this ticket and it turns out that you had a discussion before with the developer and he said that our script doesn't support this feature that you mean and it's not a bug
because it's a specificity of Flynax listing plans

all I can say that this feature probably will be added in the future

Wei Hong
October 27, 2019, 03:10 AM
What is the issue?
Hi Jose,
You can read my first post in this thread. I have a summary of the issue

Wei Hong, one way you can sort this for now is to think a little outside of the box, to do this you would need to do 2 things.

as an example

Set your notification for renewal to say 7 days (or any number you like) and then lets say you package is for 90 days You then set your total days to 90 + 7 days (97 days ) in the description you word it something like 90 days + renewal ? not sure how to re word it but you have the idea.

So what happens here is that when they get the renewal email and they renew, and lets say they have 7 days to go then by renewing then they get the balance of the 7 days plus the new 90 days.

The last thing you could do and I think this can be done is make renewal inactive until the renew period (7 days ) comes into effect.

these changes would solve all problems, the worst that could happen is they would get extra days if they delayed renewal, is it ideal ? probably not but you could implement it as a effective workaround for now. you could add a small description on the renew page of how things work if you wanted to ?

Pete

Hi Pete, this still not fix the problem if user choose to extend the period with a plan that has a different duration day. Also the problem of featured duration is removed when extending active time is also a problem.

I've checked this ticket and it turns out that you had a discussion before with the developer and he said that our script doesn't support this feature that you mean and it's not a bug
because it's a specificity of Flynax listing plans

all I can say that this feature probably will be added in the future

Hi Rudi,

I think you misread the information. In the latest ticket TSE-262016
The bug was submit by your staff in the to-do bug fix list and picture was sent to me as reply

Also, in the previous ticket OOO-906553 supporter responded:

Posted On: 28 Feb 2019 10:03 AM
Hello,

Ok, Do you want fix it on your site?

and

osted On: 26 Jun 2019 04:57 AM
Hello,

We will resolve this issue in software;

So it should be a bug, and not a feature right since they refer to fixing it and not adding it or applying it as feature?

In case you dont want to read my lengthy report that I spent hours to test and wrote here is the summary:
Bug1: If you have a featured listing, and extend your listing active period with regular plan, your featured status is removed.
* For example just imagine that you paid $10 for 5 days of featured status and it's all gone/deleted/removed by flynax after you paid again to extend your listing active period.

Bug2: If you have 2 plans available for customers with different duration for example 5 days and 10 days. Doesn't matter which one you initially post the ads with, when you want to extend the active period, if you pick a plan that has more days than your initial, you get an addition of your initial and your newly paid. Customer love this because they have days that they paying + days that they had paid one more time. :D
For example you pick 5 days to post your ads, then when you have for example 2 days left and you decided to extend it with a 10 days plan. You think you will get 12 days right: 2 days remaining + 10 days plan you just paid? Its not, you get 17 days: 2 days remaining + 10 days you just paid + 5 days you had paid initially when posting this ads. How is this not a bug.

This is the worst scenario. If you pick a plan that has less day, you get subtract 1 days from remaining day after you paid to extend hoping to get more day.
For example you initially pick 10days to post ads, then when you have for example 4 days left, and you want to extend another 5 days and choose a 5 days plan, your active days is subtract/minus one day to whatever you have left. You ended up having 3 days after just paid for a 5 days plan. How is this a feature when you paid to get more but end up getting less? :D

EDITED Just tested BUG2 again 5 minutes ago on own site. It's the same on flynax demo of course.
There are 2 plans with different active duration available for customers: 1 month plan and 2 month plan

Case 1 when current plan (1 month) has less day than plan you extend (2 months)
I posted ads using 1 month plan. Go to my-ads and extend using the 2 months plan -> I got 4 months. It should be 3 months: 1 month in 1st paid and 2 months in second paid.

Case 2 when current plan (2 months) has more day than plan you extend (1 month)
Continuously, with the same plan that has 4 months active day earlier. I extend it will the 1 month plan -> I got 3 months and 29 days: 4 months subtract 1 day. How come you paid for 1 more month but get 1 day subtraction from your current plan. :(

I hope this is simple and clear.

I don't mean to be mean or anything, I have been working with flynax script for years and mostly just testing bug here and there and contribute my idea to improve it.

Pete Young
October 27, 2019, 06:48 AM
"Hi Pete, this still not fix the problem if user choose to extend the period with a plan that has a different duration day. Also the problem of featured duration is removed when extending active time is also a problem."

Dang I hope it gets sorted then, I remember I had this problem on my old site but they did fix it for me at the time, it took some explaining but we got there in the end.

Jose luis Lau cruz
November 6, 2019, 06:54 PM
Hi. Have these bugs been fixed?

Wei Hong
November 7, 2019, 06:12 AM
Hi. Have these bugs been fixed?

Not yet Jose,

If you are offering paid service, I recommend you to offer only one plan and not offering featured plan. You will have no problem with the 2 bugs here.

Daniel Odeh
August 26, 2020, 11:17 PM
Hello Giorgi,

Would you please explain to me how did you upgrade the plan? Please check my screenshot: https://prnt.sc/kkm0f7
Exist 2 links. Also, you can buy a new package here: https://prnt.sc/kkm0t2
Need a bit more information with screenshots if possible of course.

Dear Viktor,
Could you please assist with this membership plan and upgrade to feature.
I created two membership plan for individual escort (Regular Private Escort) which is a free plan and (Premium Private Escort) which is a paid plan.
I will want to be able to display Upgrade to Feature as in this screenshot from your demo site https://prnt.sc/u6i6mc.
How do I make the Upgrade to feature show on my site screenshot https://prnt.sc/u6hx8i ?

Thank you and please also remember to respond to my my ticket [#YVH-648824] that is still pending.

Thanks.