PDA

View Full Version : Image Upload Bug

Petrache Nicolae
July 9, 2012, 03:11 PM
when we create a new listing, we reach image upload section. we select 4 images at the same time to add. we hit upload and all 4 images start to upload. after they are uploaded, we select first one as main image, we go to the last step and in the confirmation section we see diferent order of the images (for instance 4-2-1-3. not the one we set up. images are 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg)

why does this happen? becouse of this - they all 4 start to upload at the same time instead of 1 at a time. the one wich is uploaded first, even if is the last one in the order, will be shown as first one.
in adition, the blue progress bar works on one pc and in 2 others is full from the begining (so no rise).

workaround? after all 4 are uploaded, set no 1 as main image and move the images between them (in the boxex) and place after 1-2 moves the main image as first image. in the last step all will be fine now

i can provide videos of both problems (order and progress bar) if you need. pc configuration/type of windows and browser makes no difference

a solution to this since is time consuming -you don't have a mass import and i have for instance to upload manualy 1800 ads?

Vladimir
July 10, 2012, 03:54 AM
1. The order of photos depends on the upload queue.
2. We are planning to release the plugin "Import Listings" for 4 version in the near future.

Petrache Nicolae
July 10, 2012, 04:20 AM
1. The order of photos depends on the upload queue.
2. We are planning to release the plugin "Import Listings" for 4 version in the near future.

1.exactly my point. how can i make it upload 1 image at a time? that will solve both issues.
2.as for import export i know that it does exist for version 3(heard that it didn't worked perfect and have been advised to load ads manual) and beside this, you seems to update addons in a strange order. i woulded update all addons first, than create new ones or update first the moust important. for instance you left in the dust import export, phpbb forum wich is free and you update the payed vbulletin(how many of us do you think that use the vbulletin?)

Vladimir
July 10, 2012, 10:29 AM
1. You can try make it so:
- Open templete file ../blocks/photo_manager.tpl
- find this line (~73):

$('#fileupload input[type=file]').attr('multiple', true);

and replace to:

$('#fileupload input[type=file]').attr('multiple', false);

2. We develop plugins based on our priority list, which is formed by customer suggestions.

Petrache Nicolae
July 10, 2012, 10:38 AM
1. not quite what i have sugested. your modification allow us to chose one file at a time. chosing 4 files at the same time is ok but, when the upload process starts, it should upload 1 image at a time, not all 4 in the same time, and in the order we added the images
2.so you say that vbulletin (expensive forum) was requested more than phpbb (wich is free)? i didn't see any kind of pool asking wich addons should be updated first. so that was your decision, not ours like you say.

Vladimir
July 11, 2012, 04:11 AM
You can try set up the option "limitConcurrentUploads = 1" in file /libs/upload/jquery.fileupload.js (~64)

Petrache Nicolae
July 11, 2012, 04:42 AM
You can try set up the option "limitConcurrentUploads = 1" in file /libs/upload/jquery.fileupload.js (~64)

setting up as limitConcurrentUploads = 1 doesn't work. now you can't even atach the images
limitConcurrentUploads: 1 makes no diference. all images are loaded at the same time.

any other ideeas to try? thanks

found this but don't know if will help https://github.com/blueimp/jQuery-File-Upload/wiki/Sequential-Uploads

Petrache Nicolae
July 11, 2012, 04:46 AM
got it. line 61, change to true

sequentialUploads: true,

all perfect now. first image loads first, after 1 is completly uploaded, the second one will start.