PDA

View Full Version : User IP Address Security Feature

ega
April 16, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hi, I would like to recommend a very good admin security feature. If all users IP addresses could be logged, so that abusive users can be traced and banned according their IP address if they attempt to re-register. :D

Daniel
April 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
We definitely need IP address feature.

The classified software should be able to log the IP where the user signed up and all the IPs the user used to create listing. This is important especially for real estate and auto software because whenever someone committed a fraud, the police might want the website administrator to reveal the IP address of the fraudster. This happened before in my country where the law enforcement officer demanded the IP address of the fraudster from the webmaster.

The admin should be able to block the IP address in the event of spam.
The admin also should be able to prevent certain email address normally used by spammers like the one we see in phpbb forum.

Hope Flynax could add this feature soon.

Thanks.

Daniel
June 9, 2010, 06:18 AM
Is there any plan to add this IP log and IP blocking feature?

Petrache Nicolae
May 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
hope that this will be released. it is much better explained here than what i said

Skorpion
May 2, 2020, 06:43 PM
We definitely need IP address feature.

The classified software should be able to log the IP where the user signed up and all the IPs the user used to create listing. This is important especially for real estate and auto software because whenever someone committed a fraud, the police might want the website administrator to reveal the IP address of the fraudster. This happened before in my country where the law enforcement officer demanded the IP address of the fraudster from the webmaster.

The admin should be able to block the IP address in the event of spam.
The admin also should be able to prevent certain email address normally used by spammers like the one we see in phpbb forum.

Hope Flynax could add this feature soon.

Thanks.

Old topic but still need!

Thumbs Up for this feature!

kiowa
May 2, 2020, 08:18 PM
The new pwa plugin logges the ip address.

Peter Jonsson
October 7, 2020, 05:40 PM
Yes but not all uses PWA, think this should be standard to see what IP places the ad.

Logmanov
October 7, 2020, 07:45 PM
It is very important feature for classifieds site! The administrator must know the IP from which the listing was added.
Even without the possibility of blocking under every listing should be the IP address.

Thumbs Up for this.

Rudi
October 8, 2020, 03:14 AM
Hello,

You can use AutoRegPrevent plugin which adds any IP to the list before registration/adding a listing and blocks them

Wei Hong
October 8, 2020, 04:39 AM
Hello,

You can use AutoRegPrevent plugin which adds any IP to the list before registration/adding a listing and blocks them

Can we add a list of IP ranges rather than inputting one by one in the AutoRegPrevent? I have a list of blacklisted with 800+ IPs

Rudi
October 8, 2020, 06:51 AM
you can execute the following sql request adding lines with your IP's:

INSERT INTO `fl_reg_prevent` ( `IP`, `Reason`, `Date`, `Status` ) VALUES
('YOUR_IP_ADDRESS_1, 'Added by the Administrator', NOW(), 'block' ),
('YOUR_IP_ADDRESS_2, 'Added by the Administrator', NOW(), 'block' ),

('YOUR_IP_ADDRESS_N', 'Added by the Administrator', NOW(), 'block' );

Peter Jonsson
October 8, 2020, 01:10 PM
If they register thru Facebook It don’t store ip

Logmanov
October 9, 2020, 09:23 PM
Hello,

Hello Rudi,
I couldn't find the plugin called AutoRegPrevent.

I don't want to block any IP because many users has unstable IPs, I just want admin could see user's IP by which a listing was added, to exist adder's IP in the info of all listings.

Pete Young
October 10, 2020, 02:56 AM
https://www.flynax.com/plugins/spam-prevention.html#overview

I think this is the one?

Joe Can
October 10, 2020, 10:06 AM
The exact plugin you are requesting does not exist.
There are some workarounds as stated above.

Although it is an important plugin you are requesting; hopefully, they do not work on it as there are many current critical bugs in the existing plugins and core script.