PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the UNSUBSCRIBE links

Rene Joile
July 19, 2018, 01:56 PM
I can't seem to find the UNSUBSCRIBE option to be able to add it to subscriber emails.

Where is it?

Viktor
July 19, 2018, 06:22 PM
Right now unsubscribe link exists only in massmailer plugin. You cannot unsubscribe from other places on the site.
We are working on it and in the next version of the product, you can unsubscribe from all emails.

Horizon
January 15, 2024, 08:40 PM
Do alert and other emails sent now include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email? Or is this an option?

Viktor
January 16, 2024, 07:43 AM
Every email from the Massmailer plugin includes the unsubscribe link in the footer part.

Horizon
January 16, 2024, 07:55 AM
Is there an option to include a one-click email unsubscribe link in search alerts, or other emails sent through the site.

For example, I love the idea of adding search alerts to my site. My visitors have asked for this feature for a while, so it's great that flynax includes this feature. But I want to be careful that I don't get emails sent from the site labeled as spam.

I'm afraid some visitors may create a search alert, and then later when they are no longer interested, might not go through the process of logging into the site to remove the alert.

I imagine each search alert set has an id number., so it would be nice if the search alert could include a one-click unsubscribe at the bottom such as <click here to unsubscribe - cancel this search email alert> That way if someone reading their email later on wants to unsubscribe, hopefully they click that instead of hitting the spam or junk mail button!

Horizon
January 16, 2024, 08:05 AM
1.) When viewing different emails in gmail for example from companies such as lands end which include an unsubscribe link, if you click the spam icon in gmail you get
( report spam ) ( unsubscribe ) (with unsubscribe highlighted, prompting you to unsubscribe instead of reporting spam)

2.) When viewing emails from reddit you get
( report spam ) ( go to website to unsubscribe )
which is similar to #1.

3.) If the email doesn't include an unsubscribe link, when you click the spam button you get two buttons to report
(report spam) (looks suspicious)

4.) Other emails that don't include an unsubscribe link, if you click the spam button it directly marks it as spam.

I'm not sure what is required exactly to produce the first (or second) result where the gmail spam icon has ( report spam ) ( unsubscribe ) but that would seem to help prevent future problems.

Viktor
January 16, 2024, 01:17 PM
I suggest you create a new ticket with the request. Our developers will answer you.

Horizon
January 16, 2024, 06:46 PM
Will do. Thanks!

I have a few customizations and questions that are more important to me to get help with first, but I'll ask you about this in a bit. Much appreciated, as always.