PDA

View Full Version : Listings Export/Import

Petrache Nicolae
July 5, 2012, 02:57 PM
Any plans to update this addon?

John
July 14, 2012, 09:32 AM
Hello,
Yes sure, we will update this plugin during 2 weeks.

John

Petrache Nicolae
July 15, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hello,
Yes sure, we will update this plugin during 2 weeks.

John

hello. will this work with all of our fields for each listing type including images? so exactly like we would create the ad manualy? wich type of file and what kind of delimiter? csv or excel? thanks

Chris Brown
July 15, 2012, 10:31 AM
i suppose it will be like the 3.2 version but better, :D

Petrache Nicolae
July 15, 2012, 11:38 AM
thanks for the sugestion

John
August 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hello Folks,
"Two weeks" was wrong deadline :) It took us more then I expected, sorry.

i suppose it will be like the 3.2 version but better, :D
You are right Chris, almost the same but with new layout, new program core, ajax tricks and a few new features.

hello. will this work with all of our fields for each listing type including images? so exactly like we would create the ad manualy? wich type of file and what kind of delimiter? csv or excel? thanks

Yes, now it works including pictures supporting csv and excel files.

Feel free to post your opinion about new plugin version here.

John

Morgan Bohman
August 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Nice!
Tried export and saw the following:

- Radio buttons for New and Used: should be a clear button, otherwise you must go back and start all over which is doable but not nice.
- Images will be stored as file paths: No downloading of images to a zip file?
- Opening the xls file shows a lot of signs for non-english letters, I don't know how to change this (UTF 8 no BOM) in Excel. Notepad++ OK.

Could this be a part of Owners Dealers account Menu?

Haven't tried import yet, but I will.

Thanks!

Petrache Nicolae
August 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
great. will test it this week. Thanks

Chris Brown
August 29, 2012, 03:47 PM
Oh yes think i will be trying this out later :D

Ang Jo jit
August 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I just installed this plugin and have some queries. Can this plugin feature be made available to user accounts? Eg. such that they can upload their own multiple listings?

Chris Brown
August 29, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hi,
I just installed this plugin and have some queries. Can this plugin feature be made available to user accounts? Eg. such that they can upload their own multiple listings?

I was thinking the same, then i started to think would the user do it right, would they figure it out correctly if they had no experience doing it. I think i would prefer the user to send me the file and i do it myself.

Not everyone will agree with me i presume so maybe the option to choose which accounts types can use this feature will be a good idea

Also i dont know if anyone has tested the import but i have found that if the price in CSV is 3,000 it comes out as 3, but if written in csv as 3000 it works fine (did have the GBP currency sign but forum wouldnt let me post it for some reason)

Also noticed it doesnt seem to upload the fields that are connected to the data entries

Morgan Bohman
August 29, 2012, 07:23 PM
I am thinking the same as there are some issues with UTF 8 formats and swedish letters. If the user uploads a bunch of listings with weird looking characters, then you have a job clearing listings so it is better that the sysop is doing the work.

Ang Jo jit
August 30, 2012, 02:45 AM
will pre-populated dropdown fields in an excel or csv file work for the import? for those fields that are fixed, maybe a template can be created and the users just select from the dropdown menus. this way, all important fields will be filled with a value, regardless of whether user chooses correct or incorrect value. then the plugin will probably be safe to be made available to them through their user accounts. what do you think?

I was thinking the same, then i started to think would the user do it right, would they figure it out correctly if they had no experience doing it. I think i would prefer the user to send me the file and i do it myself.

Not everyone will agree with me i presume so maybe the option to choose which accounts types can use this feature will be a good idea

Also i dont know if anyone has tested the import but i have found that if the price in CSV is 3,000 it comes out as 3, but if written in csv as 3000 it works fine (did have the GBP currency sign but forum wouldnt let me post it for some reason)

Also noticed it doesnt seem to upload the fields that are connected to the data entries

Morgan Bohman
August 30, 2012, 04:23 AM
the price in CSV is 3,000 it comes out as 3, but if written in csv as 3000 it works fine If you use "," as delimiter then you may have an issue, try ";"

Chris Brown
August 30, 2012, 05:14 AM
If you use "," as delimiter then you may have an issue, try ";"

It could work, but what i did originally to test was export a few listings and the price on the csv was lets say 3,000 then i then re-imported that same file back onto the website but the price came out as 3

Morgan Bohman
August 30, 2012, 05:40 AM
It could work, but what i did originally to test was export a few listings and the price on the csv was lets say 3,000 then i then re-imported that same file back onto the website but the price came out as 3

So Chris, what you are saying is that this function should have a choice of delimiter when exporting/importing. Or there's a comma error n the script. Wonder what happens if you in general set up, set the separation to "." instead of ","? Just for trying. I'm still lurking around the web to see how the...I can change Excel to UTF 8 instead of western language set up. Remember from 3.2 that I had a lot of problems to set up a coding so that the classified software could read it back with out a lot of BOM and crap. (Sometimes I think the world will be a hell of a lot easier to live in if we all spoke english:rolleyes:)

Chris Brown
August 30, 2012, 05:51 AM
So Chris, what you are saying is that this function should have a choice of delimiter when exporting/importing. Or there's a comma error n the script. Wonder what happens if you in general set up, set the separation to "." instead of ","? Just for trying. I'm still lurking around the web to see how the...I can change Excel to UTF 8 instead of western language set up. Remember from 3.2 that I had a lot of problems to set up a coding so that the classified software could read it back with out a lot of BOM and crap. (Sometimes I think the world will be a hell of a lot easier to live in if we all spoke english:rolleyes:)

I am not sure, in the Uk we write prices as 3,000 which will cause a problem with the comma, but in other countries i think it may be written as 3.000. I could do with uploading a genuine dealers csv and to see how they write it in csv format, in theory it should be 3000. Anyways flynax are on their hols till monday so got a few days to give it a proper test :D

Maybe the issue is with the export not removing the comma from the price

Petrache Nicolae
September 2, 2012, 02:37 PM
what about multilanguage sites? from what i have sean, will export just 1 language and i assume will import just 1 as well? how do we do it if we want to upload in both languages same ads?

Petrache Nicolae
October 9, 2012, 02:35 PM
utf-8 seems to not be suported in xls. exported one of my categories in wich i have text with regional settings and the words are cut off... anyone else has this issue? comma separated seems to be ok

Petrache Nicolae
October 12, 2012, 06:44 AM
Hello Folks,
"Two weeks" was wrong deadline :) It took us more then I expected, sorry.

You are right Chris, almost the same but with new layout, new program core, ajax tricks and a few new features.

Yes, now it works including pictures supporting csv and excel files.

Feel free to post your opinion about new plugin version here.

John

Hello John. Thanks for this plugin. Useful for users with many ads

i do have some questions/remarks where i would like some responses if posible:

1. exported xls file is not working with regional fonts. where i have romanian letters, the words are cut of.
example: instead of
Ofer garanție personală i get
Ofer garan

2. if i export as csv, i get complete word but instead of romanian characters i get strange characters. in admin they show fine and they upload fine but this has itself a problem. if i do not have a ad inside a subcategory with romanian characters there is no way of knowing how the name of the category realy is (with those strange characters)
example: instead of
Ofer garanție personală i get [QUOTE]Ofer garanÅ£ie personal

Petrache Nicolae
October 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
This is an update....

the plugin has issues beside those specified. have loaded a list with 1800 ads (behaves the same with 2 ads), after the initial load, prior of actual import, page behaves very slow. no problem in the end becouse the ads are loaded (all 1800 wich is great).

main problem is that half of the fields from the list are not loaded, 1 is loaded wrong - if no value is inserted in the box, the field does not show when i add it manualy. in this addon, i have such fields showing with 1 as value when they should not show at all becouse in list there is no value set -blank area.

another issue is the text format in description wich in the list is ok, in the actual add it shows ok (in frontend) but when i try to edit it, all the lines forms now a huge line and that will be save in the end unless i start spliting the lines again...
have raidsed a ticked with all details - UEK-189532

Leandro Figueiredo
October 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Help

I used Data Entries Import plugin to import the list of cities in Brazil.
The plugin has problems with words with accents.

After importing, the names of the cities are all wrong.

Can someone help me?

Petrache Nicolae
October 23, 2012, 08:14 PM
Help

I used Data Entries Import plugin to import the list of cities in Brazil.
The plugin has problems with words with accents.

After importing, the names of the cities are all wrong.

Can someone help me?

export as csv becouse that is the only one wich is working. in adition i have some issues wich John tries to fix.

Leandro Figueiredo
October 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
Petrache,

I tried import the list with .csv and .xls.
The problem happens the same way with the two archives.

Petrache Nicolae
October 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Petrache,

I tried import the list with .csv and .xls.
The problem happens the same way with the two archives.

when you export in csv you will have strange characters. do not touch them. leave them like they are.

Petrache Nicolae
October 23, 2012, 08:33 PM
i just noticed that you have issues with a different addon. you should make a new thread with that

Petrache Nicolae
October 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
hello. i need some details if someone made a full import.
i have made the csv list and i should import them. i have some issues left to be solved by John (thanks for the help) and i realy do not know what to do with the images. now, lots of questions:
1. i see that i can import a archive of images in zip format but there i have a notice "The maximum file size: 64 MB". 64 mb what? all the archive or 64 mb per image? i want to upload a archive of 2 gb of images (for around 1800 ads).
2.what happens during upload? images are resized and placed in the proper folders coresponding to each ad, the same way it happens when we create an ad? will i have olso the large and thumbs created?
3.the images loaded via import will have the website watermak as well?
thanks

Petrache Nicolae
November 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hello. Does anyone know how to increase the number of listings in export mode? it is set to 1000 and i need to export 2000. olso, what can we do do export in xls with regional settings? thanks

Petrache Nicolae
November 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
found it. change to 2000 in plugins/export_import/admin/export_import.inc.php

line 464
$listings = $rlSearch -> search($_SESSION['eil_data']['post']['f'], $lt, 0, 2000);

remains the issue of regional characters. if i have categories or text with them, the words are cut off

ATServiceSRL
December 30, 2012, 11:01 PM
Hi !

I've install this plugin in the last version (2.0.3) but I found always a problem to import files. Always I receive this error :

incompatible file format, please use CSV or XLS files only

I' ve try both format, and I've try to export somethings and try to re-import. Always error.

Maybe I've some php settings that I need to change ?

ATServiceSRL
December 31, 2012, 12:35 PM
I've try to do it in your demo site. I receive the same errors. With exported file too.

Morgan Bohman
January 4, 2013, 07:16 AM
Hi,
I try to re-import a exported file and still gets the same error that the csv file is not compatible. I also tried a 1 row csv with all the right credentials but same error.
Do you have a test file so I can see the structure of what the import will accepts?

//Morgan

Morgan Bohman
January 4, 2013, 07:44 AM
I also try to convert a XML file to CSV but same error.

I can not post containing our letter with dots over.

//Morgan

ATServiceSRL
January 4, 2013, 01:41 PM
I've fix the problem for now with a bypass the file control.

If you want you can do it in the file plugins/export_import/admin/export_import.inc.php

search (around line 26):

if ( !in_array($_FILES['file']['type'], $allowed_types) )
{
$errors[] = $lang['eil_import_wrong_file_format'];
}

and replace with this :

/*
if ( !in_array($_FILES['file']['type'], $allowed_types) )
{
$errors[] = $lang['eil_import_wrong_file_format'];
}
*/

We waiting a right fixing :-)

Petrache Nicolae
January 26, 2013, 07:37 AM
exported file does not retain the regional language settings. any update to this addon?

Morgan Bohman
March 25, 2013, 06:24 AM
Version 2.0.4 - Still messing up characters, have filed a ticket. The import is working great except that the price field wont show your currency signs in the listings, only the "number" and if the characters problem where solved, then we have a very nice and useful plugin. In fact, you could import a XML feed to Excel or Open Office, convert that to CSV or XLS.
Forgot, the XLS import - you have to save the file into .xls not the 2010 format, someone forgot to insert the new ending :-)

//Morgan

Morgan Bohman
March 25, 2013, 07:11 AM
Version 2.1.0 works with encoding! How to set the radio buttons, is it like 1,2, 3 or?

//Morgan

Got it, silly me: just type it! Ok only the currency sign left.

Morgan Bohman
March 25, 2013, 07:52 AM
The following plugin’s files missed:
/plugins/export_import/reader/oleread.inc
/plugins/export_import/reader/reader.php
Please upload all files before plugin activation.

Version 2.1.0 after uninstallation due to never got pass the update check.

//Morgan

Morgan Bohman
March 26, 2013, 06:39 AM
Status for the plugin so far, John has made a great job on this guys and we'll get there.

- XLS import works with foreign characters set, tested with Swedish language
- URL extraction of images works, tested with Textalk shops (.SKV files exported as .XLS)
- Field associations works, light red color if not associated with field (If duplicated listing fields exist, active or not active no text will be inserted)

Issues to iron out

- Price: currency symbol i.e. kr will not show up after amount, needs to be manually saved. I think this has something to do with currency converter plugin.
- Category or ID: we use Default category where to insert the listing but if you select, within the xls file, Category or ID, then you could assign to a sub category: Is it meant to create a sub category under Category so what about the default category? I.e. Default category Cars, category from xls Skoda and sub category Model.
- When running more than 2 imports per ajax request, there's a chance that it will doubles, happens once for me. Depending on server I guess.

- Only .jpg get fetched from image url FIXED!
Thanks again John, this plugin will open a lot of opportunities for us.

//Morgan

Morgan Bohman
March 30, 2013, 10:24 AM
Ok, the plugin is somewhat up to date and the following things remains:

- Currency field from currency converter plugin is still missing, i.e. if you want to import listings with different currency like EUR instead of USD
- Category creation: haven't still got any answer is this was the meaning or not but in my sentence, this is a must as you want to import listings in to categories not yet created. Well you could of course create the categories before hand but this is double doings.
- The BR tag from hard enter is visible in listings.

Otherwise it is working really good, thanks John!

Happy Easter every Flynax user and Flynax Team!

//Morgan

Morgan Bohman
April 10, 2013, 05:43 AM
Update so far

- Category creation will not be implemented, pls. see too that categories are done before import. Could be wise to devide your import file to different files with different categories but there's a function for sending listings to major categories and then to subcategory.

- The BR tag is still visible (If someone hit enter in Excel to make a row change).

- Currency Symbol can not still be selected and added to a correct field.

//Morgan

Morgan Bohman
April 18, 2013, 03:20 AM
Hi all,
Version 3.0 corrects all above problems. NB. The currency has to be written in the price field i.e.

Chris Brown
April 18, 2013, 09:54 PM
I think last time i used it i just added the currency to the prices during the import process as it created a weird charactor when imported. Not a big issue unless you have thousands of listings to import :D

Morgan Bohman
April 19, 2013, 04:18 AM
But now everything is working as it should :rolleyes:

//Morgan

John
April 22, 2013, 06:36 AM
Hello Guys,
We have updated the plugin to 3.1.0 version, now you may restrict some account type to use this plugin in front-end.
Also connection with multi fields plugin fixed.

John

Abelardo Leal
May 17, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hi, I'm tryind to export using Listings Import/Export 3.1.0, but the last screen to select rows doesnt show me the records.

Morgan Bohman
May 18, 2013, 05:14 AM
Hi switch over to english language in your admin panel. Maybe you forgot to translate some phrases or words to your language.

//Morgan

Abelardo Leal
May 18, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hi Morgan, I switched language to english but I get the same issue. I guess the plugin does not loading the fields from listings..

Morgan Bohman
May 18, 2013, 05:30 PM
Here it works very good, go to ftp and delete the plugin, but before uninstall in the ap. then install a fresh copy.

//Morgan

Ibrahima Soumano
April 15, 2014, 08:50 PM
I am trying to import listing from a WP site to my flynax site. I have the listings populated in an .xls format managed to import but upon click to upload, i have an error askin me to

Select a "Listing Type" from the list.
Select a "Default Category" from the list.
Select a "Default Status" from the list.
Select a "Default Owner" from the list.
Select a "Default Plan" from the list.

I have gone through th

Apostolos Fotsis
August 6, 2014, 09:31 PM
Hi, I'm tryind to export using Listings Import/Export 3.3.0, but the last screen to select rows doesnt show me the records. Any idea how to fix it?
Thanks