PDA

View Full Version : Your listing moved to another category at {site_name} not working 4.5.2

Pete Young
May 11, 2018, 08:05 AM
As above when a listing is moved the email is not triggered ? settings are set to active, is there anything I need to check ? or create a ticket is best ?

Thanks

Rudi
May 14, 2018, 04:11 AM
Hello Pete,

Make sure that you use smtp mail method: Common > Basic Settings > Email > Mail method
and check smtp details

Pete Young
May 14, 2018, 10:28 AM
? OK thanks Rudi, is there any reason why the others work with php and not just this one ?

Is there a guide as to how to set up the smtp ? never used this before ?

Rudi
May 14, 2018, 11:09 AM
the reason is the most (if not all) email services block emails sent with php mail method as they consider it as spam (probably such emails have wrong headers)

you should go to your cpanel > emal > email accounts > create a new email and get details for ssl connection (Outgoing Server): server and port
and insert them into admin settings > Email > SMTP server:port and also fill in email login and password
'SMTP secure protocol' set as 'ssl'

Pete Young
May 14, 2018, 01:16 PM
ok thank you will try that.

Wei Hong
May 14, 2018, 03:11 PM
As above when a listing is moved the email is not triggered ? settings are set to active, is there anything I need to check ? or create a ticket is best ?

Thanks

Try with a new created account. Have that account post a listing then moved it. I had this problem before when some users doesn't get any email regarding their listing status, whether listings are deleted, deactivated, activated, I guess moved as well.

Pete Young
May 14, 2018, 09:57 PM
ok thanks I will give it a try.

Pete Young
May 20, 2018, 01:08 AM
Try with a new created account. Have that account post a listing then moved it. I had this problem before when some users doesn't get any email regarding their listing status, whether listings are deleted, deactivated, activated, I guess moved as well.

Just updating this, I have with another email account (to the same domain) work, I had changed the title to see if that was a problem, but I do not think this was the reason that for some reason my other email blocked it, I think it may be more to do with the text in the email ?

anyway you are right in a sense for some reason it was blocked so it has something to do with title and or body of the email ? if I work it out will post back here.

Wei Hong
May 20, 2018, 10:28 AM
Just updating this, I have with another email account (to the same domain) work, I had changed the title to see if that was a problem, but I do not think this was the reason that for some reason my other email blocked it, I think it may be more to do with the text in the email ?

anyway you are right in a sense for some reason it was blocked so it has something to do with title and or body of the email ? if I work it out will post back here.

It is still a myth to me. I have 3 accounts effect by this issues, by effect I meant they won't get any email regarding their listing status update like listing is moved, deactivated/deleted by admin, etc. Yes they can get email from resetting password. And yes, beside these 3 accounts, other accounts works great. I tried creating new account, post ads, moved/deactivate/delete/reactivate they all got email no problems

Pete Young
May 20, 2018, 10:52 AM
It is still a myth to me. I have 3 accounts effect by this issues, by effect I meant they won't get any email regarding their listing status update like listing is moved, deactivated/deleted by admin, etc. Yes they can get email from resetting password. And yes, beside these 3 accounts, other accounts works great. I tried creating new account, post ads, moved/deactivate/delete/reactivate they all got email no problems

With Deactivated / Deleted etc, I have found if I do a bulk action that emails are not sent at times, If I use the cross on the side to delete the email is sent, it must be somewhere in the spam mix up but exactly what not sure yet, as above if I find an answer will post.

Wei Hong
May 20, 2018, 04:16 PM
With Deactivated / Deleted etc, I have found if I do a bulk action that emails are not sent at times, If I use the cross on the side to delete the email is sent, it must be somewhere in the spam mix up but exactly what not sure yet, as above if I find an answer will post.

I remedy these 3 accounts that got problem by changing their email to another email. So here is what I did, I changed email from A to B, and voila, user got email notify that their listing is moved, deactivated, reactivated, deleted, to email B. Then I change back from B to the old A and it also worked. So that user has no problem any more.

Pete Young
May 20, 2018, 11:20 PM
I remedy these 3 accounts that got problem by changing their email to another email. So here is what I did, I changed email from A to B, and voila, user got email notify that their listing is moved, deactivated, reactivated, deleted, to email B. Then I change back from B to the old A and it also worked. So that user has no problem any more.

OK thank you for the tip, will try that.

Wei Hong
May 21, 2018, 07:12 AM
Yes, please let me know. The problem is I have no idea which accounts got that email issue. The 3 accounts that I mentioned above were my clone for testing. :(
I couldn't find a way that can fix it completely. I did also try to change email title content like you did, even change from html to basic text only. None working