PDA

View Full Version : Image Upload issue - IE9 cannot work

rosegarden
June 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
I have checked on the following test cases on both my websites and the demo website on flynax

Test sites
- My own website
- Flynax demo site

My website is running on a VPS
The php.ini setting for size upload, time etc. has been maximised so it cannot be my setting on max size upload etc.

Image to upload : 30k

Environment Testing

IE9 in Win7 : failed
IE8 in WinXP: ok
FF 10 - 13 in Win7/XP : ok
Safari 5.0.5 (windows) in WinXP : ok
Chrome in WinXP: ok

I am sure whether I am the only facing, hope others can try as well and reply here if you faced this problem

Troy Degenhardt
July 20, 2012, 05:43 AM
This is probably not the same, but I consider it similar.

I found that the loading of the page that uploads photos is very slow.

I wonder if this is a javascript issue - only tested in IE thus far and the wait time is between 30 seconds to a minute for anything to show on the page.

I think this sort of issue want stand the 4 second rule for people being convinced a website is effective.

Any suggestions?

Troy
www.plonket.com

rosegarden
July 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
What is the size of the image?

What is your server setting for attachment upload? php.ini limit etc. as sometimes that plays a factor

Troy Degenhardt
July 20, 2012, 09:58 AM
Interestingly I changed the max_upload_size to as low as 1M and it still has a delay. Increased the memory also and it made no difference.

More and more I am thinking the javascript is too much to load, but then again I may have no idea what I am talking about.

Morgan Bohman
July 21, 2012, 05:28 AM
If I was you, I'll check with my host and see if they have some restrictions regarding bandwidth or can it be so, if you compare to another site (You can test mine) that your internet connection is slow?

Troy Degenhardt
July 21, 2012, 05:32 AM
I am very confident that the internet connection is not the issue, should be more than capable of running the scripts.

I have looked a little further and decided to try another hosting company - in the process of setting up VPS with HostForWeb - recommended by Flynax, so hopefully won't have an issue.

Morgan Bohman
July 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
OK, hope it will work out for you. I had to change my host as well, when starting with 4.0. I'm now on SiteGround (http://www.siteground.com/index.htm?referrerid=6919379) which works very good with excellent service I must say.

John
July 26, 2012, 04:57 AM
Hello Folks,
I just want to assure you that in case when all necessary PHP options match the requirements
the upload function work properly and fast. Here the details: http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?361-Cant-upload-images-to-existing-listing-via-Admin-Panel&p=1217&viewfull=1#post1217

rosegarden
August 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
I still face this problem, anyone face the same?

The image size is a PNG and only 97kb only

I have raised a ticket IVS-860472