PDA

View Full Version : error adding new listing package

Pete Young
April 2, 2018, 11:49 AM
[:apPhpListingPlansAfterAdd] thrown within the exception: "Stripe needs the Multibyte String PHP extension."

and the errors just keep coming, just when you think you have had every error known in flynax for no apparent reason a new one pops up.

any reason this comes up when adding a new list package, never happened before. it seems to not record the name of the list package as well?

I would just love to use this platform with out errors and to have proper guides ? maybe just maybe one day it might happen.

shall i do a video for you guys ? > edit - done it anyway

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFfnXLDGl6

Rudi
April 2, 2018, 01:13 PM
Hello,

As you can see from the error text: "Stripe needs the Multibyte String PHP extension." that means stripe library needs "Multibyte String PHP" extension to be installed on your server
ask your hosting to solve this

The 'bug fix' update of the Stripe plugin will be released soon and probably this extension will be built-in

Pete Young
April 2, 2018, 10:02 PM
you mean it has worked properly for all of this time, and now for what ever reason it stops working, and I need to run around to my host and ask them to fix this.

what a joke, if flynax was a car it would be shut down as a lemon.

what is the multibyte sring, where do i find it it ? where is it installed ?

you know what, what a joke, you expect your customers to run around and fix this crap is a total load of rubbish.

tell me why when everything was working out of the blue it is now not working? and why i need now need to stuff around with shit I do not even understand ?

flynax tells us they are stepping up their game, ? in fixing bugs, and getting fixes done and I get this rubbish.

Are you telling me everybody using this now has the same problem.

not f happy at all with reply or level of service.

So where is this thing that has to be added ? where do I find it ? where does it need to be installed. what a joke, sorry i am just tired of the excuses and replies over so many years, can you explain why it is my problem or my hosts problem to fix your problem, yet again?

screeeeeeeeem , so bloody mad right now at this crap, you endure error after error for years and you just just shoved sideways, tell me does everybody have this error, is is because you just fixed another error that was on strip / monitizer that caused this to happen just now.

and if this is an official across the board error where is the proper alert to all users and the proper fix postsed, ?

not happy one single little bit with this response. in reality fn pissed green to the gills. stuck with another flynax error and no idea how to fix it, and all flynax do is wash their hands of it and pass the error onto their customers to sort.. what a lovely day.

Rudi
April 3, 2018, 05:07 AM
Please, don't panic! don't let emotions control you because it doesn't help to resolve problems

For your information, we don't hide from customers if there are some bugs but rather, we try to solve them and if it is caused by our script we admit it

but note that not all the problems you mean are due to the Flynax script

there are situations when plugins need additional extensions/libraries to be installed on server

I told you in my last post that Stripe plugin needs "Multibyte String PHP" extension and I suggested that you ask you hosting to help you
because, initially, stripe service ( not the plugin itself! ) requires this library
you can use this guide to enable MBstring extension: https://www.vmotionhost.com/client-area/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=136

also I mentioned that the plugin update is coming soon and probably this extension will be built-in

We understand your worries regarding the bugs as they appear in different parts of the script and it can be annoying but we do our best to minimize them!
and I don't know any company with a software which would have no bugs

Pete Young
April 3, 2018, 08:26 AM
Rudi, I have never had a problem with this before, I have made no changes to my site. So given there are no changes you are now saying for some reason, everybody using stripe now has a problem ?

if there was never a problem before how is it that you say that initially the plugin requires this ?? when it never did have this ? to start with or where was it ever written that it was required when installing stripe ? none of what you say is making any sense, simply because it has always worked before and never a problem (Had this installed and working over 12 months).

yes very much not happy, how do people ever get anywhere with this script is beyond me at times, at best now I am stuck with a website that I can not update or change any listing plans on and the best people can do is run around and hope, because flynax might fix the problem? great support that is.

just very disappointed in everything right here.

Pete Young
April 7, 2018, 03:26 AM
Update here, it seems if I disable the stripe plugin that I can work around the setting of the new list packages, this is not ideal and it is frustrating having a platform that needs to patched n banged around to use, and to my knowledge there was never any requirements to have hosts etc apply anything, this has worked fine for well over a year without it. one would hope this is fixed soon.