PDA

View Full Version : You've exceeded the limit of Google Maps Geocoding requests

Pete Young
April 1, 2018, 05:50 AM
The "Google Browser Key" or "Google Server Key" value is missing in Basic Settings. Please check Google API Keys
You've exceeded the limit of Google Maps Geocoding requests; you may find an instruction here.

? I do not even use giggle maps etc ? so why am I seeing these alerts going off in the admin panel ? should I need to be using / doing something ?

Rudi
April 2, 2018, 04:20 AM
Hello,

It means that you should create api keys for your site, you can use this guide: http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?2424-Google-API-KEY-or-any-possible-problems-with-google-maps

or run this mysql request in 'Database' tab:

Update `fl_config` SET `Default` = 0 WHERE `Key` = 'geocode_request_limit_reached'

Pete Young
April 2, 2018, 07:50 AM
? ok but i do not use giggle maps, it makes me wonder how i can exceed such high limits or need to set keys for something i do not use?

Viktor
April 2, 2018, 08:09 AM
Hello Pete,

The system is using google functional when you create or edit listing anymore. If you want we can deactivate google functions from all your site totally. But you need to create a new ticket with the request.

Pete Young
April 2, 2018, 09:32 AM
? If it is not doing any damage I will just leave it ? happy to run the mysql request but never done it before so not sure how to do that, is there a guide ? video ?

Standard Usage Limits
Users of the standard API:

2,500 free requests per day, calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.
50 requests per second, calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.

for someone who does not even have maps turned on I now out of the blue start using 2,500 requests per day, that simply does not even seem possible even if i was using it, now they want me to pay to upgrade so I can use more of what I am not even using in the first place. ? does everyone in flynax have this problem ?

and why are the there not proper documented easy to use instructions instead of half baked last minute forum posts ? to half fix things.

Rudi
April 2, 2018, 10:35 AM
Disabling map services will require modifications and cost you extra but you can generate api keys following guide below
and it will be ok

Pete Young
April 7, 2018, 03:28 AM
Hello,

It means that you should create api keys for your site, you can use this guide: http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?2424-Google-API-KEY-or-any-possible-problems-with-google-maps

or run this mysql request in 'Database' tab:

Update `fl_config` SET `Default` = 0 WHERE `Key` = 'geocode_request_limit_reached'

Rudi In regards the geo code I was able to (by mistake) find a sort of guide of how to use this as I have never done this before, and your data base update did fix the error, thank you.