PDA

View Full Version : General Wide + Search Alignment Issue

Brian Jester
March 25, 2018, 09:37 PM
Hello,

When I shrink the width of my browser window, (firefox 59.01) the drop down part in the category select box moves away from the top part of the select menu. I tried replacing my css file with but that didn't fix it, so it's got to be my header.tpl.

I have removed all the old code from the header.tpl, and trying to construct it to work with my code (piece by piece), but I simply cannot get it to work...

All I have now in my header.tpl, is the entire home_content.tpl contents, which is to display my search in a new location, otherwise, everything else, including the divs in the original header.tpl are not there, I think that's what I need, but I don't know which ones I need to put back and where they go.

My question, what divs do I need to put back into my header.tpl to keep the search in place when the page shrinks? I will try to figure the rest out on my own.

Edit: I just noticed that: section.horizontal-search > div.point1 when the browser shrinks past that position, the search gets thrown off.

Brian

Pete Young
March 25, 2018, 09:59 PM
load a new version of your template up to your server (rename it backup or whatever) and then simply copy the file you want and paste it over (or view the file to see the original setup) if you do not have a backup ? would that work ?

Brian Jester
March 25, 2018, 11:49 PM
load a new version of your template up to your server (rename it backup or whatever) and then simply copy the file you want and paste it over (or view the file to see the original setup) if you do not have a backup ? would that work ?

That doesn't work. I tried that.

Rudi
March 26, 2018, 06:20 AM
Hello,

Could you send some screesnhots of the problem?

Brian Jester
March 26, 2018, 07:25 PM
Hello,

Could you send some screesnhots of the problem?

Here are 3 screen shots of the select menu and if you want a video, I can even do that if you like.

Screen shot # 1: It's normal,
Screen shot # 2: It's noticeably out of alignment
Screen shot # 3: It's way out of alignment

If you look at the flynax demo you will see that if you make the browser window smaller (width) you won't see the same situation.

How doI fix that?

Brian Jester
March 26, 2018, 11:17 PM
Anyone find out what that problem is?

Viktor
March 27, 2018, 08:11 AM
Hello Brian,

Open file: ftp://templates>>general_wide>>css>>style.css at line ~ 6654
and remove or comment:

div.cd-extendable {
position: static;
}

save and check again.

Brian Jester
March 27, 2018, 10:21 PM
Hello Brian,

Open file: ftp://templates>>general_wide>>css>>style.css at line ~ 6654
and remove or comment:

div.cd-extendable {
position: static;
}

save and check again.

I have tried that, but still not a fix...

In a nutshell, my header.tpl file IS my home_content.tpl with the {include file='head.tpl'} as the very first line, the rest of my header.tpl file is home_content.tpl. I have just removed the FIRST <DIV CLASS=POINT1> tag.That made it work better, but here's the result Maybe it's easier for you to help me resolve?

Let me explain the current issue:

When I resize my browser all the across to make the page 300px wide (smallest I could get it) the search looks good, just like in the flynax demo...Problem starts when I resize the browsers width just until the search button moves from below the search to the same line as the input and select menu.

The select menu drop down box is aligned to the right, as shown in the second screen shot when it should be aligned to the left...How can that be done?

Actually, I missed one more screen shot, the last one is when the browser is fully maximized, and the drop down menu is aligned, but over to the right too much...Have a look.

Here's the new screen shots:281728182819

Viktor
March 28, 2018, 10:05 AM
Hello Brian,

I suggest you create a new ticket with the problem. I cannot help you more. I should see the problem on your site but your site doesn't work for me.