PDA

View Full Version : How to link categories into a search field

Hemal Ruparelia
June 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
I've got the realty version of the software and am trying to configure it to a non-US market. With that in mind, I had to remove the stock categories (all the states). I replaced these with a much simpler categorization: 1) Residential, 2) Commercial, 3) Land

Here's the summary of what I've done so far

-Listing type - Property
-Categories created - Residential (Flats and Houses as subcategories), Commercial (Offices and Shops as subcategories), Land
-Submit forms have been created
-Search forms have been created
-Search settings have been enabled for home page
-Category multiselection (with a value of 3) has been input

The home page search capability, however, does not enable the user to select the category they are interested in (see screenshot 1) They cannot therefore choose between commercial and residential property.

After that, I, of course, tried to add the category option to the search forms for buy and rent (the 2 search forms showing up on the home screen) however, there was no option to add category to the search form (see screen shot 2)

Please advise on how to go about fixing this. It is definitely possible, because if you look at the relevant search field on any of the demos, all of them have a 'search field' that directly correlates to the relevant category list. These search fields have the 'dropdown list' attribute and cannot be modified in any way: E.g. http://realty.demoflynax.com/admin/index.php?controller=listing_fields&action=edit&field=Category_ID

How do I go about creating such a field?

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out over here and seem to have tried everything to no success.

Thanks,

Hemal8384

ps - I have read over the manuals more than once and I don't think I've missed anything.

John
June 27, 2012, 04:55 AM
Hello Hemal,
I far as I understand you can't add the "categories" dropdown field to the search forms on the home page, innit?
So looking on your second screenshot I see that "Category" is orange, it means that this field isn't active and won't
appear in the search form on front-end.

Let me know if I got you wrong.
John

Hemal Ruparelia
June 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. No the screenshot I have has 'country' on orange, not cateogry ;)

But I submitted a ticket and Helen and/or Linda and the team (thanks everyone) have added 'category' as a listing field. It's just like I described, something with system attributes and something that I am unable to change/edit myself 87

I would still love to know how it was done.

Marina Charalampous
February 2, 2014, 03:21 PM
I have the same problem can anybody explain how I can achieved that?

Mike
February 6, 2014, 09:27 AM
Please clarify what is your problem Marina?

To see your categories in the search form you have to add field with key Category_ID to a search form .

Marina Charalampous
February 7, 2014, 01:31 AM
Yes, solved now. Thank you

Stephen Campbell
March 25, 2014, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I have a similar problem, i have the auto script.

On the search form i have Cars, Services and Spare Parts.

On the Cars tab its shows MAKE/MODEL for the Car categories, which is correct. screenshot 1.

On the Services tab it also shows MAKE/MODEL for the Services categories, which i would like to change to CATEGORIES. screenshot 2.

I can't change MAKE/MODEL to CATEGORIES in the admin panel as this will effect the Cars tab.

I have tried to create a new listing field CATEGORIES but i am unable to link this field to the Services categories in the Admin panel.

Can anyone explain how i might be able to solve this problem.

Thank you
Steve

Monica Bogdan
April 2, 2014, 06:32 AM
Same problem here, Category_ID already exist and can't add it.
Any solution for this?

Viktor
April 2, 2014, 12:45 PM
Hello Monica,

You cannot add fields with name Category ID because it's system field. You cannot add fields with names Account_ID, Date, Pay_date, Status and some other because it's system fields.

Stephen Campbell
April 11, 2014, 05:19 AM
Hello Monica,

You cannot add fields with name Category ID because it's system field. You cannot add fields with names Account_ID, Date, Pay_date, Status and some other because it's system fields.

hi viktor, could you please look at my post above Monicas post and give me any advice on how i can resolve this problem.
I am sure this is a common problem as it is th same on the demo site.

Viktor
April 11, 2014, 06:45 AM
Hello Stephen,

Would you please send ftp access to my PM I will check your site.

Stephen Campbell
May 1, 2014, 04:22 AM
Hello Stephen,

Would you please send ftp access to my PM I will check your site.

Hi Viktor,

I have Pm'd you my details.

Thank you
Stephen

Viktor
May 1, 2014, 06:21 AM
Hello Stephan,

Do you want me to change MAKE/MODEL to Categories for multifield in search from for your site?

Stephen Campbell
May 1, 2014, 06:46 AM
Hello Stephan,

Do you want me to change MAKE/MODEL to Categories for multifield in search from for your site?

Hi, not change MAKE/MODEL to Categories for multifield, this would change MAKE/MODEL on the CAR'S tab to CATEGORIES.

In the Search box, I'd like to keep MAKE/MODEL for the CAR's tab because it is relevant to the categories in the CAR'S tab drop down menu.

On the SPARE PARTS and the SERVICES tab, I don't want to show MAKE/MODEL for the drop-down menu because the categories are not relevant to MAKE/MODEL, for SERVICES the categories are: Car Wash, Paint shop, Repairs. etc.

So just on the SERVICES and SPARE PARTS tab, I'd like the drop down menu to say CATEGORIES.

I hope I have have explained this clearly enough.

Thank you Viktor.

autocy
May 10, 2014, 08:11 PM
I would also like changing from make/model to Categories for our extra listing types: services, autoparts, boats, bicycles. Hoe can i do this?

Viktor
May 13, 2014, 09:26 AM
Hello All

All who want to change MAKE/MODEL to Categories for multifield, please write me in PM with ftp access :)