PDA

View Full Version : City and State plugin

Mark Muller
June 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
I was thinking a plugin like your comparison table but make it where it has city and states.

Because craigslist has an area like this on their page80

Makes it easier to find things in the surrounding areas

Let me know what you think

Chris Brown
June 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
You should be able to do that using the 'field bound boxes plugin', and relate it to your states/city field

Mark Muller
June 26, 2012, 03:01 AM
do that have something like the comparison table that floats to the left of the screen with pull down options

Chris Brown
June 26, 2012, 05:00 AM
do that have something like the comparison table that floats to the left of the screen with pull down options

no it will create a content box with all the city/states, what your after may need more customisation i would think

PGGO
August 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
Great idea!

Users should be able to post their Ads under City in specific category.
Example URL path:
www.mywebsite.com/brows/category-name/state/city

Mike
August 16, 2012, 09:24 AM
Very soon we will release MultiField plugin which includes Geo Targeting feature.

Urls wil be like site.com/usa/alabama/browse/category/ ,
there are lot of nice features including importing countries/regions/cities from flynax server directly in your admin panel, location auto detection and many more.

PGGO
December 7, 2012, 05:05 AM
Urls wil be like site.com/usa/alabama/browse/category/ ,

Mike,

Is it possible to make a Reverse URL path structure for Geo Filtering? So it will look like the following:

site.com/browse/category/usa/alabama/

Mike
December 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
I think it's possible but it's actually not easy and also a not fast because one small change affects all the plugin logic and it will lead to problems which we will need to resolve.

But i think it's useful thing, i will try to implement a setting to enable it in the next version of the plugin