Ed
February 14, 2018, 09:50 PM
Hello Everybody! :rolleyes: :wacko: :blink:

Does anyone know how to add a custom form to a page? example: "Recently Added"

Thank You

Viktor
February 15, 2018, 02:07 AM
Hello Ed,

You cannot do it with default functional. If you want it we can create it as a customization for you.

Ed
February 15, 2018, 03:54 AM
Hi Viktor!

I thought it was easy to do this, I thought I could add a form through the "Search Form Manager" see the attached image

Thank You!

Rudi
February 15, 2018, 05:10 AM
Unfortunately, not

By default, all search forms are used on listings pages only

Ed
February 15, 2018, 07:07 AM
Hello Rudi and Viktor,

Now I get it.

Thank you for your attention

Good weekend for everyone!

Brian Jester
July 8, 2018, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately, not

By default, all search forms are used on listings pages only

Does this mean that all search forms are only shown where ever there are listings (ex: category pages)? I wanted to add a form on the listing type pages.

I currently own the filter plugin, but have not tested this functionality with the filter plugin, but will that allow filters on the listing type pages?

Brian

Viktor
July 9, 2018, 03:18 AM
Hello Brian,

Yes, the Category Filter plugin will show on listing type page. Please try to use it.

Brian Jester
July 9, 2018, 09:57 PM
Hello Brian,

Yes, the Category Filter plugin will show on listing type page. Please try to use it.

Ok, but just to be clear...Only the filter plugin will make the filters appear on the listing type page correct? The custom fields (search forms) will NOT work on the listing type pages, correct?

Thank you
Brian

Pete Young
July 9, 2018, 10:07 PM
Ok, but just to be clear...Only the filter plugin will make the filters appear on the listing type page correct? The custom fields (search forms) will NOT work on the listing type pages, correct?

Thank you
Brian

as in the other thread you have I have shown you that search forms also work on listing type pages, I will post you a pm with a link to show you this working.

Brian Jester
July 9, 2018, 10:14 PM
as in the other thread you have I have shown you that search forms also work on listing type pages, I will post you a pm with a link to show you this working.

Ok,

Thank you Pete! I am preparing to do a full-system clean up anyway...Then I am going to start fresh, and keep it fresh, meaning not carelessly delete listing types as I am beginning to understand their functionality better, It's a lot of work, but fun along the way, I can't wait till I get past this learning curve, but I can already see "The light at the end of the tunnel"!

Brian

Andrey Vlasov
August 24, 2019, 09:50 PM
Hi,
Can you explain to me how custom search forms work and how it can be used?
Thanks

Ed
September 11, 2019, 04:38 PM
Hi,
Can you explain to me how custom search forms work and how it can be used?
Thanks

We can't explain why this feature exists...