PDA

View Full Version : Step By Step how to add another Listing Categories on main page

Mark Muller
June 25, 2012, 02:19 AM
Can I get a Step By Step how to add another Listing Categories on main page

Please

Thank you

Mark

Hemal Ruparelia
June 25, 2012, 03:11 PM
I think we may have a similar question. I have just bought the realty version of flynax and, not being located in the US have deleted all the state categories. My categories are limited to:

1, Residential, 2, Commercial and 3, Land

I want the home page search function to have the ability to select which category the user searches (the demo version does allow you to do this, as you can select which state to search from on the homepage).

Any help would be much appreciated (so far, no emails have been answered...)

Chris Brown
June 25, 2012, 04:00 PM
I think we may have a similar question. I have just bought the realty version of flynax and, not being located in the US have deleted all the state categories. My categories are limited to:

1, Residential, 2, Commercial and 3, Land

I want the home page search function to have the ability to select which category the user searches (the demo version does allow you to do this, as you can select which state to search from on the homepage).

Any help would be much appreciated (so far, no emails have been answered...)

Do you mean the change the sale and rent selection boxes in the search to Residential, commercial and land?

if so
go to admin panel - listing types - click to edit one - scroll down till u find search settings, there is an option there to 'enable search form on home page' click and save

Hemal Ruparelia
June 25, 2012, 11:19 PM
Do you mean the change the sale and rent selection boxes in the search to Residential, commercial and land?

if so
go to admin panel - listing types - click to edit one - scroll down till u find search settings, there is an option there to 'enable search form on home page' click and save

Yes I have tried that and while that, along with the linked search form (that takes you to the relevant build a form part) does manipulate the home page search fields, there is no search field that allows you to add category type. Home page search has already been enabled.