PDA

View Full Version : General Classified Template Home page search problem

Tariq hamed Ahmed
December 4, 2017, 08:48 PM
Hello Friends,

I installed this template:
https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/

And my home search category multi level select dont show at all.
Any one can advise please how to solve it?

Also, other question, is it possible to include the multifield drop down menu inside the category its belong to?
For example, Category car has multifields Make/Model... is it possible when select the Car category, the Make will show as first level then when choose Make, Model will show as third level?

Thank you,
Tariq

Rudi
December 5, 2017, 04:20 AM
Hello Ahmed,

What is your script type originally? Cause classifieds and realty templates don't work with other scripts without particular configurations
Moreover, classifieds and realty don't work with each other (classifieds template with realty script and vice versa) cause each one has a personal class file

Not to be confused Multi-field and category drop downs, these are different things.

Multi-field drop downs are created by way of using Multi-field / Geo filtering plugin where you can add your entries with different levels of nesting

Category drop downs are generated automatically depending on the categories number and their (sub)levels,
in this case, only one default field is used "Category" or "Make/Model" with a key 'Category_ID' that should be added on search forms
The only thing you should determine is how many category levels your listing type has and set it for your listing type:

AP >> Listings >> Listing Types >> your type >> Edit >> Search Settings >> Search form >> check "Cascading category dropdowns" >> Number of category levels >> set your number

Tariq hamed Ahmed
December 5, 2017, 09:31 AM
Hello Rudi,

Thank you for this information. Yes, I'm using Reality script with General template.
About the Multifield, thank you for clearing this information.

Is there a way to make the home search work in the same way its show in the General script?
This will be great help for me.

Thank you,
Tariq

Rudi
December 5, 2017, 10:36 AM
It will require some modifications to adapt classifieds template to realty script (meaning the categories dropdown on home search) and cost you extra

If it's ok, create a new ticket and describe your request and responsible person will quote it

Basically, you can use category drop downs on standard search forms

Tariq hamed Ahmed
December 5, 2017, 10:42 AM
Hello Rudi,

Thank you so much again. Yes, its OK as I have list of requirement I do want. Now, I'm finishing my design and once all good, I will open ticket with all my requests.
Thank you for the great script and great treatment.

Tariq