PDA

View Full Version : Backing up Flynax...

Brian Jester
November 5, 2017, 03:47 PM
Hello,

Let me start by saying i already know how to backup using the database, complete and partial backups, but my question is in regards to the flynax settings in the admin, and things like categories, listing types, fields etc...Is all of this in the folders aka ftp or /path/to/flynax/? If I were to backup the flynax path, would that be all I need? Just want to be safe than sorry after completing my website.

How do you guys generally backup your flynax website?

Thank you
Brian

Wei Hong
November 5, 2017, 06:29 PM
I use mysqldumper to do similar task that you mentioned

Brian Jester
November 5, 2017, 07:05 PM
I use mysqldumper to do similar task that you mentioned

Sorry Wei Hong, but that didn't answer my question. What I mean is backing up mysql database and the flynax folder everything I need to do to do a full back-up for my website, or do I need a special tool, perhaps a plugin of such, as I came from wordpress prior to flynax and I had plugins and had to backup the wordpress db as well. I just want to be sure when I restore, I have everything back as it was without having to start over from scratch.

Thank you
Brian

Wei Hong
November 5, 2017, 07:09 PM
Yes. You backup the folders and mysqldumper. That is the best medthod I found after using flynax for a long time. There is no such tool or plugin that can do backup restore except for language I think

Mustafa ilker Yonel
November 6, 2017, 11:20 AM
MySQLDumper 2011-01-24 last release i didnt use it for years now. is it still safe to use ?

Brian Jester
November 6, 2017, 08:36 PM
MySQLDumper 2011-01-24 last release i didnt use it for years now. is it still safe to use ?

I might have used one time in the past, but since then, I have figured out the phpmyadmin enough to work from that to do basic things, like backing up...Don't forget when you make backups, backup the complete database, as well as individual tables for quicker restore times!

Brian Jester
November 6, 2017, 08:36 PM

I might have used one time in the past, but since then, I have figured out the phpmyadmin enough to work from that to do basic things, like backing up...Don't forget when you make backups, backup the complete database, as well as individual tables for quicker restore times! Maybe you don't need to waste the time restoring the whole db, when all you need is a table or two restored. :)