PDA

View Full Version : Bug With Cookies Plugin

David Mundle
September 25, 2017, 10:56 PM
Hello Dev's

This is my first post as i have recently purchased flynax so here it goes. I have been playing around with some plugins to try to get use to using flynax and i can across what i think is a bug with the cookies plugin.

When you enable it and have the setting called Position set to bottom left all seems fine with it, however when you set this Position to bottom right you don't see the cookies message and instead get a faint page with like it's almost blank with NO message?

Can someone else confirm this and if so when will this be fixed, i have tried in all browsers and it's the same.

Regards
David

Bahram Soltanirad
September 26, 2017, 12:24 PM
WOW!...It is a very strange thing.

It is because of a small extra space in cookies plugin.
If you have not installed cookies plugin yet, just do following step.

Go to folder plugins/cookiesPolicy/install.xml and find below line.

<config key="cookiesPolicy_position" name="Position" values="Bottom Left, Bottom Right" type="select"><![CDATA[Bottom Left]]></config>

Change "Bottom Left, Bottom Right" TO "Bottom Left,Bottom Right"

If you have installed cookies plugin, you can do above step then uninstall and install the plugin again, or if you don't like to uninstall the plugin, just go to admin panel -> database and run following command.

UPDATE `fl_config` SET `Values` = 'Bottom Left,Bottom Right' WHERE `Key` = 'cookiesPolicy_position';

Then refresh admin panel.

Everything will be OK.

David Mundle
September 26, 2017, 12:58 PM
@Bahram Soltanirad

Thanks for the quick reply regarding this matter, Top work as it worked perfect.

I am not sure how you found that but great work and it's nice to get a response from the forum the very first time i used it.........LOL

Thank You
David

David Mundle
May 21, 2018, 12:44 PM
Hello Guys

Where do i change the cookies policy content?

David Mundle
May 21, 2018, 01:08 PM
I also want to show a link to this page in the footer but currently since i installed the plugin i don't see where to change the content or place this page link in the footer?

Viktor
May 22, 2018, 02:31 AM
Hello Guys

Where do i change the cookies policy content?

In languages. Copy part of the phrase of cookie policy box and try to find in Languages on Admin Panel.

place this page link in the footer
The page doesn't exist.

David Mundle
May 22, 2018, 08:28 AM
Hello Viktor

This does not help me at all because when you install the plugin it only gives you the option to accept or decline the policy, you cannot even read it anywhere on the site? I tyried creating a new page but it keeps saying that the page already exists and cannot be created even after i remove the plugin.

I want to be able to paste my own cookies policy content while still using the plugin but also at the same time let the cookies policy have it's own page for users to read.

Thanks
David

Viktor
May 22, 2018, 10:39 AM
Hello David,

I have created screenshot with the explanation. See here: https://prnt.sc/jl2n03
Privacy Police page exist by default on your site: https://prnt.sc/jl2krq

David Mundle
May 22, 2018, 12:48 PM
Hello Viltor

Yes that for the privacy page however it's not for the cookies page is it? You show me in your example where the cookies page is then please as that's the one i need to see not the privacy page..

Thanks
David

David Mundle
May 22, 2018, 01:35 PM
I need to first find where the current page is for cookies policy that the script is saying already exists so point me to this link please, then i want to use the plugin so that when people land on the site you will have a link on the cookies policy message that will point to a completely new page for the cookies policy that will contain the content?

Regards
David

Viktor
May 23, 2018, 02:39 AM
The page cookie Policy doesn't exist but you can create it yourself into Admin Panel >> Pages. Click button +Add a Page and create static page with any content. Then in cookie policy box add a link to this page.