PDA

View Full Version : Banner plugin for 4.01 lacks text box

Morgan Bohman
May 28, 2012, 05:17 PM
Any chance that the banner would support a text box so I can insert a script? Now you can only choose the image box, the flash box is not supported in this version? Or have I completely missed something?

Mike
May 29, 2012, 03:24 AM
Hi Morgan,

Yes there is no ability to use flash or text in current version of the plugin. It will be available with next plugin update. The update is scheduled on the 10th of June

Ang Jo jit
May 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hi Mike,

Is it possible to make URL a non mandatory requirement when adding a banner? Since banner is just to provide exposure and the banner plugin allows user to add his own banner, his banner content may be just a "call me at my phone number xxxx" and no URL whatsoever.

Mike
May 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
You have to make changes to the plugin code to make it working this way:

We will change it in next version of plugin, so you can wait update or if it's urgent i can post what changes are necessary.

Zedri Mohamed
May 29, 2012, 01:08 PM
Hi Mike,

Is it possible to add Picture Manager with Link Picture ?
2 choose:

1- upload Picture
or
2- add Link Picture

Zedri Mohamed
May 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
type Link Picture

bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg png

Mike
May 30, 2012, 03:37 AM
Not sure that understand you, but there is already ability to upload images to the banners. All formats you listed except bmp.

Please clarify if you asked something other.

Ang Jo jit
May 30, 2012, 03:52 AM
Hi Mike,

Not very urgent. But if your time allows, can you post the codes and I will see if my limited programming knowledge understands it. If it is within my understanding, I will make the change myself, if not, I will just wait for the next update to the plugin. Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Is it possible to make URL a non mandatory requirement when adding a banner? Since banner is just to provide exposure and the banner plugin allows user to add his own banner, his banner content may be just a "call me at my phone number xxxx" and no URL whatsoever.

You have to make changes to the plugin code to make it working this way:

We will change it in next version of plugin, so you can wait update or if it's urgent i can post what changes are necessary.