PDA

View Full Version : Banned Words Security Feature

ega
April 3, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi, I would like to suggest Flynax have a banned words security feature that prevents users posting ads that contain illegal, obscene or offensive content. It is a standard feature in many of the better classifieds software programs. Admin simply list banned words and phrases to prevent them from appearing anywhere in the ads.

John
May 12, 2010, 04:07 AM
Hi there,
We have started the "Bad Words Filter" plugin development.
I will keep you update. Thanks!

Akram Elsayed
May 13, 2010, 02:29 AM
There are better ones than Flynax? No way! And if so, give them time. I can see they are very receptive to everyone's feature requests and plugin suggestions :D

Petrache Nicolae
May 11, 2012, 09:42 PM
great. this is another important feature for all of us

Shawn Hall
July 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
I also need this plugin for my site . Any update on when this plugin will be available or will it maybe be included in the next upgrade?

Mike
July 30, 2012, 05:25 AM
We all very loaded now with the new release, it's likely to take about one month to make the plugin.
For now unfortunately we don't have time to work on it.

It's in our TODO list already, so please wait.

We can discuss what functions plugin should have?

I think about list of bad words (from here for exmpl http://urbanoalvarez.es/blog/2008/04/04/bad-words-list/ )

Plugin will show error if finds the word when someone posting a listing or adding comments. So i think about 3 places - add-listing, edit-listing, post-comment

Let me know if you think it should cover more areas.

Shawn Hall
July 31, 2012, 04:11 PM
Yes I agree it should be active when adding a listing, editing or posting comments. It may also be nice if it was something that could be applied to all text fields that could be public, like those on user profiles.

Mike
August 8, 2012, 06:02 AM
OK so:

Add listing page
Edit listing page
Registration
Edit profile
Post comment function (afaik no edit comment feature for now)

check all text and textarea fields for bad content