PDA

View Full Version : Statistics

Pete Young
July 25, 2017, 01:26 PM
I Have installed statistics on my site and it seems not to keep or retain stats ? numbers seem to drop off, and it starts over regardless of any settings and ans such it at best does not seem to give accurate readings, does anyone else have these problems ? or is there a fix somewhere ?

Pete Young
July 31, 2017, 10:01 AM
For those wondering an update to statistics plugin, I have been told it is not broken but it only updates (with) when a cron job is run, this is regardless of any settings that you place into the plugin.

In effect the plugin ignores any settings you add and will instead only use the timed cron jobs to update ? making it well nearly a fake plugin in terms of what it can do, you can simply add anything and it does not matter.

I am not sure why flynax have options to edit times in this plugin nor why they do not state that it only runs on cron times ?

Viktor
July 31, 2017, 11:03 AM
Hello Pete,

What a statistics plugin do you mean? I don't know about statistics plugin.

Pete Young
July 31, 2017, 12:08 PM
https://www.flynax.com/plugins/online-stats.html

Viktor
August 1, 2017, 08:48 AM
Yes you are right Online plugin exist 1 function and database with statistics delete through cron. If you want I can change 1 request and statistic will clear once per month.

Pete Young
August 1, 2017, 11:20 AM
No its Ok Viktor I will disable the plugin and use alternate methods to get stats from, not sure why they put options in the plugin to edit times and then have them null and void by cron ? it simply makes no common sense or logic because it never did nor never will work, so why put it there and make out it does ? also even with that it is only accurate at 23 hours and 59 minutes or 1 minute a day, as it resets back to zero and it not a continual look at the last 24 hours, so you will always see inaccurate ave reading for last 24 hours unless you look in that last minute ?

this could be one plugin you put in the bin as a waste of time for users.

David Mundle
October 9, 2017, 08:29 PM
Hello Guys

How do you disable this plugin please as i don't see an option for it in the admin panel?

Thanks

Bahram Soltanirad
October 10, 2017, 05:34 AM
Hello Guys

How do you disable this plugin please as i don't see an option for it in the admin panel?

Thanks

If you mean online plugin, you can inactive it at admin panel -> plugins
If you mean statistics box, you can inactive it at admin panel -> Content -> Content boxes
There are two different things.

David Mundle
October 10, 2017, 10:36 AM
Hay Bahram Soltanirad

Thanks for the reply and yes it was the statistics box which i have found now so thanks again. I am just getting to know the script as i have only been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Cheers

Hieu Hoang
June 19, 2021, 12:33 PM
Yes you are right Online plugin exist 1 function and database with statistics delete through cron. If you want I can change 1 request and statistic will clear once per month.

Hi Viktor,

I would like to have the total statistic per month. Please advise where I'm able to change the coding.
Please help ASAP, I need to fix this right away.

Regards,
Dylan

Hieu Hoang
July 26, 2021, 05:06 PM
Hi all,

I've changed the cron to run on the 1st of each month and watching the result now.

Regards,
Hieu (Dylan)