PDA

View Full Version : How to add a facebook button "I Like" and link it with my facebook/page?

Jose Bonilla
May 22, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hello Flynax team,

I want to know if it's possible to add a block where I can insert a facebook "I Like" button and link it to my www.facebook.com/autosdeleste page.

Regards
Jose Bonilla

Chris Brown
May 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
You could try here https://www.addthis.com/get/sharing#.T7vWa1Lugzc

or sign up to facebook developers to get like buttons etc http://developers.facebook.com/?ref=pf

Jose Bonilla
May 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks Chris for sharing,

How do I integrate this codes into a Block? I have tried creating a block PHP and HTML and is not working. Any Ideas?

Regards

Chris Brown
May 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
i remember having similar problems, the way i got round it was to use html, then change the content box to source so you are inputting html, put in the code then save.

I found that if i then clicked the source button to revert back from html it wouldnt work, but if you input the code and saved straightaway it did.

Hope that makes sense :D

Viktor
June 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hello Jose Bonilla,

Let me know if the response from Chris helped you.

Jose Bonilla
July 7, 2012, 03:59 AM
Hello Viktor,

I did try Chris advise but could not figure it out. All I want is to have a "I Like" button and this should be linked to my facebook page that I created for my site.

Can you please helped me.

Thanks
Jose Bonilla

Morgan Bohman
July 7, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hello Viktor,

I did try Chris advise but could not figure it out. All I want is to have a "I Like" button and this should be linked to my facebook page that I created for my site.

Can you please helped me.

Thanks
Jose Bonilla

If you create a block, html style, press source and insert your code. I use this for java script for ads as the banner blocks don't allow any scripting. It should work. I don't now and can't remember if you have to insert appid and key but if you have to, you can insert them before Body tag in top/head file for the actual template you are using.