PDA

View Full Version : How can i create a custom form with specific fields???

Chukwudi Moses
May 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well, i don't know if this feature is already in flynax classified but i think it will be nice if we can create custom forms.

For example, on my classified, i would want people to send their request for a particular car they want via a custom form. Any idea guys?

Chukwudi Moses

Mike
May 15, 2012, 06:30 AM
Hi,

It's possible with creating new listing type or maybe category for requests.

For example you have "sale/rent" listing type and "request a car" listing type

Then user will able to post his request to appropriate section of website.

If it's not what you want i think you need some custom coding, let me know details i'll try to advice.

Only form can be created without any relations is search form, you can create custom search form and then put it in block.

Chukwudi Moses
May 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks Mike for the reply. I have tried the first option you suggested and was successful. But there seems to be a minor problem now as i am stucked.

1. I get MYSQL Error when i try to access my website via a mobile device, i get this error:

MYSQL ERROR
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-2' at line 1
Query: SELECT DISTINCT SUBSTRING_INDEX(GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT `T6`.`Thumbnail` ORDER BY `T6`.`Type` DESC, `T6`.`ID` ASC), ',', 1) AS `Main_photo`, `T1`.*, `T4`.`Path`, `T4`.`Parent_ID`, `T4`.`Type` AS `Listing_type` FROM `fl_listings` AS `T1` LEFT JOIN `fl_listing_plans` AS `T2` ON `T1`.`Featured_ID` = `T2`.`ID` LEFT JOIN `fl_listing_plans` AS `T3` ON `T1`.`Plan_ID` = `T3`.`ID` LEFT JOIN `fl_categories` AS `T4` ON `T1`.`Category_ID` = `T4`.`ID` LEFT JOIN `fl_listing_photos` AS `T6` ON `T1`.`ID` = `T6`.`Listing_ID` LEFT JOIN `fl_accounts` AS `T7` ON `T1`.`Account_ID` = `T7`.`ID` WHERE ( UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_ADD(`T1`.`Featured_date`, INTERVAL `T2`.`Listing_period` DAY)) > UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) OR `T2`.`Listing_period` = 0 ) AND ( UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_ADD(`T1`.`Pay_date`, INTERVAL `T3`.`Listing_period` DAY)) > UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()) OR `T3`.`Listing_period` = 0 ) AND `T4`.`Type` = 'request_a_car' AND `T1`.`Status` = 'active' AND `T4`.`Status` = 'active' AND `T7`.`Status` = 'active' AND FIND_IN_SET(`T1`.`ID`, '11,6,18,9,1,7,2,14,19,15') = 0 GROUP BY `T1`.`ID` ORDER BY `Last_show` ASC, RAND() LIMIT -2
Function: getFeatured
Class: rlListings
File: /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/includes/classes/rlListings.class.php (line# 3305)

BUT WHEN I DISBALE THE NEW LISTING TYPE, THE MOBILE INTERFACE STARTS WORKING WORK. PLEASE ADVICE ON WHEN TO DO.

Here's my website link if needs be: www.autodealer.com.ng and www.m.autodealer.com.ng

Many thanks
Chukwudi