PDA

View Full Version : Company Name Field Priority

Errol
April 13, 2017, 04:42 AM
I don't know if this should be a request or it is an oversight

Ok, let me see if I can be as clear as possible :)

There are 3 fields/columns in flynax software/database.

1. company_name
2. First_Name
3. Last_Name

The way the company_name field is used I think is incorrect. It is being used as an ordinary data field with no precedence.

If a user decides to utilize the company_name fields it must take precedence over First_Name and Last_Name.

Example User register ->

Company Name: JG Enterprise
First Name: John
Last Name: Gregory

In the software and Both Apps... The First Name and Last Name are being shown hence I must submit Ticket/Mod/Help to have the company name as priority.

As I said I think Company Name should precede all if this fields is utilize so hence I am asking in the next version to please have this fix.

This is one field name that has exception.

if Company Name Show -> Company Name
elseif First Name || Last Name Show -> First Name Last Name
else Show -> Username

etc..........

Can this be a standard in next version?

Viktor
April 13, 2017, 09:58 AM
Hello Errol,

Will be better if you create a ticket for that. Because now on all site account information adapted for First and Last name or Username.

I am not sure to include this functional in the next version of the Flynax or not but I will discuss about it with our developers.

Pete Young
April 13, 2017, 12:11 PM
I don't know if this should be a request or it is an oversight

Can this be a standard in next version?

? Errol I may also be wrong but there is nothing wrong with the way it works ? (unless we have different versions or something)

Your name will replace your user name if it used so that sounds ok

with the first name last name thingo just hide last name and then rename first name to just name (if you wish to make it more simple and easy to use)

The company name can be left blank and its left out of the users details all together which is what should happen if people are just using the site as a casual or as a private person, if the person is a business they can list the business name and that still works a bit like

John & Mary Smith
Whiz Bang Promotions

I think once you see how it all works you will see it works fine as it is and the user has many flexible options on how they set up their profile.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbfIlFXnM6

and one more I forgot to record adding company name as user name

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbfIIuXnNW

Errol
April 13, 2017, 08:19 PM
I see your Point... What if I have a company page that take only Company Name Field

No First Name or no Last Name...

My result is -> it shows the username???

Errol
April 13, 2017, 09:59 PM
Ok i see your vision in the design

If John Brown from CXP company register and make a post, the post will show John Brown name and he is from cxp company.

In your case if a create a page for company using First Name, Last Name and Company name it wont work for me as i want to keep records of first name, last name, company name but i want to display company name as primary.

My vision was the login user acts as a company.

Example John Doe of CXP company registers and makes a post -> the post should reflect from CXP company not -> John Doe.

Exactly as you suggested ->oh well what i did was change First Name field to Display Name/Company name and have user fill this field. i have flexibility.. with user and company but i had to forget about keeping but First Name and Last name.

If it was Company > First Name Last Name > Username
I could always keep First Name Last Name and utilize Company as priority or change it to Display Name and users have option also to show other name than real name.

and company would have their company name display other than an individual's name

Do i make sense?

End Result i have First Name, Last Name & -> Company Name/Display Name to refer to

Errol
April 13, 2017, 10:16 PM
Or maybe i am thinking about this too much :)

Pete Young
April 13, 2017, 11:39 PM
Is there a way you mock up some images of how you would like it to look, so I can how you want it, and I might / will try to get it designed up to work for you.

Curtis
April 14, 2017, 03:53 AM
Hi there,

So, i think it's a good idea and ideal in AP must have build form it where admin can select fields by priority.
If some users will want to have this option that we'll think about it.

Errol
April 14, 2017, 08:36 AM
Exactly Curtis... We need something to put fields in priority.... I think you understand my point Curtis

Pete it is pretty simple -> Any user can register to site with First Name, Last Name and post. They can also show association of their company by filling the company field.
First Name, Last Name, Company. But when they post their First Name and Last Name is shown in Post.

What if

A company wants to post on the company behalf using the company's name. using the field First Name, Last Name, Company Name.

First and Last Name = Owner of company = John Doe
Company Name = CXJ Company

As it is now in flynax the company name will never show... You wll always see First Name and Last Name in post = John Doe

I am saying there most be a way to have all field filled out First Name, Last Name, Company Name and the end result in the post will show Company Name as Poster.

What i had to do was to Disable Last Name Field and Use only First Name Field -> I changed First Name Field to Display Name.

So both Company and User uses Display Name to input data. But this is not good because if a company registers I have no records of the owner of the company. I have only the company name.

For casual user it may be ok because they can type there Full Name in the Display Name field.

Pete Young
April 14, 2017, 11:23 AM
s it is now in flynax the company name will never show... You wll always see First Name and Last Name in post = John Doe

Can you show me an example of that because not sure I am following where you are talking about because I get name and or company in a post ? maybe you have some things set up different to me ?

Ed
May 23, 2017, 08:52 PM
I believe every company likes to be found by company name, not first name or last name.

No company, ever, would ever want to expose the owner's name, this information is confidential and is only for Internal Control

Example:

Amazon -> is Amazon xyz ..., never the first and last name because it's a company, not a private seller

Important: A Company may even give up advertising on the portal for these reasons mentioned above

All companies I know give priority to the Company Name, they want to be found by Company Name, they want to display the Company Name, they want to tell everyone the Company Name, never the First Name and Last Name.

I even posted a topic on the forum about this, because it's worrisome, there will be big companies interested in advertising on our Classifieds Platform.

I'm sorry if I said something I should not

Thank you all

Errol
May 24, 2017, 01:34 AM
Ed you are not alone with this priority issues

http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3928-Company-Name-Field-Priority
(http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3928-Company-Name-Field-Priority)
I have discussed this in the following thread and I hope they will implement it in the new version

Errol
May 24, 2017, 01:57 AM
Hello Flynax,
Now we are seeing other website admins making mention of this Priority Issues. I hope this will be included in the the next version. Priority field name display.

This is critical for Automotive Classifieds. There will have Private Sellers and Company

Private Sellers
First_name: John
Last_name: Doe
hence "John Doe" will display throughout the entire website and app as seller name.

Company/Dealers
company_name: JD Enterprise
First_name: John
Last_name: Doe
hence "JD Enterprise" will display throughout the entire website and app as Dealer Name.

Has pointed out here http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3928-Company-Name-Field-Priority&p=18541#post18541

1. Company wants to be recognized
2. We need to keep records or FIRST NAME, LAST NAME & COMPANY NAME without substitution of fields for other results

Pete Young
May 24, 2017, 02:56 AM
You are not substituting fields, flynax give an example set up, it is not gospel, you make and name your own fields as you wish, it would be impossible for flynax to build a base site that meets every single persons requirements and is why we all need to edit the base for our own needs, I do not see the how in any way what people want can not be achieved and if not then why not get a custom job done. 2 people saying the same thing does not equal a revolt or priority when hundreds upon hundreds have and still use it the way it is?

Not saying your ideas are not important, just seems it works fine as it is ? maybe I am wrong. but there is nothing shown so far that can not be done now ?

Ed
May 24, 2017, 06:59 PM
You are not substituting fields, flynax give an example set up, it is not gospel, you make and name your own fields as you wish, it would be impossible for flynax to build a base site that meets every single persons requirements and is why we all need to edit the base for our own needs, I do not see the how in any way what people want can not be achieved and if not then why not get a custom job done. 2 people saying the same thing does not equal a revolt or priority when hundreds upon hundreds have and still use it the way it is?

Not saying your ideas are not important, just seems it works fine as it is ? maybe I am wrong. but there is nothing shown so far that can not be done now ?

Hello guys!

I solved this problem!, but I am still testing, I will soon post the code to be modified in the template (tpl), It's quite simple.

Thank You !!

Ed
May 24, 2017, 07:40 PM
Below is the Procedure / Code to solve this:

1 - Enter the folder ../templates/your-template/tpl/blocks/

2 - Open the file (listing_details_seller.tpl)

3 - On line ~ 24 replace:

{if $seller_info.Own_page && !$owner_page}<a title="{$lang.visit_owner_page}" href="{$seller_info.Personal_address}">{/if}
{$seller_info.Full_name}
{if $seller_info.Own_page && !$owner_page}</a>{/if}

By this .....

{if $seller_info.Own_page && !$owner_page}<a title="{$lang.visit_owner_page}" href="{$seller_info.Personal_address}">{/if}
{if $seller_info.Fields.company_name.value}
<span class="your-class">{$seller_info.Fields.company_name.value}</span>
{else}
{$seller_info.Full_name}
{/if}
{if $seller_info.Own_page && !$owner_page}</a>{/if}

Replace the "your-class" class with the class you want.

Remember, for the Company Name field to be displayed, it must be filled out, otherwise it will display the First Name and Last Name.

Another tip: Go to the administration panel, Account Browse Form Builder and do not display the Company Name field because it will be automatically displayed

100% tested and fully functional.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Save and verify that it is working properly. ;)

Errol
May 28, 2017, 11:50 AM
Ed the solution you are doing is good. I too had done this but there are many areas which will need this mod for it to work. You have only done it on -> listing_details_seller.tpl <-
Very soon you will need to search for other templates which are showing Full Name to affect this changes to show company name.

One of the mods includes doing the same in /includes/classesrlAccount.class.php

We haven't spoke about Android and IOS app either?? because the mod you do on the website will not reflect on both app.

In other words your website will be showing company name whilst your app will be showing Full Name

So I am pushing for a review be done for a better solution to this is from the makers end.

Errol
May 28, 2017, 12:24 PM

Hi Pete Young

Yes you are wrong and still not the getting issue. This is something that I have exhausted and did custom jobs for so I am speaking from a point where I understand how the script can be alter/mod.

Also keep in mind that this is not just for website as you may think but for both IOS and Android App.

Curtis understands from the reply he gave here - http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3928-Company-Name-Field-Priority

It is user input and feedback which makes flynax a better script not the other way around. So once we see something that can make this script better it will be brought forward to explore the options. Thanks for your input in trying to find a solution.

Flexibility is always good which I applaud flynax for but remember the script is not perfect. Hence why we get upgrades to add more features, flexibility and fixes (based on user's feedback and requirements).

Lets wait and see if we will get -> field display priority option <- without the headache of doing many custom mods because this option is the nature of how a lot company do advertisement with this company name as priority and not by the owner's name.

Pete Young
May 28, 2017, 01:24 PM
well, wrong is a tough way of wording things but I guess wrong I am as I am not here telling people they are wrong or right ?, I can not see a problem in using one field over another or renaming them, and as it stands everything you want can be done easy so I am really unsure of the fuss, maybe I am also stupid as well as wrong?, but if you think there is a better way, then lets hope that happens and everyone is happy.

Lets wait and see if we will get -> field display priority option <- without the headache of doing many custom mods because this option is the nature of how a lot company do advertisement with this company name as priority and not by the owner's name. very easily done without display options or headaches or updates at least for now? so call me wrong, stupid and confused ?

Just change the first name field to just name (hide last name) Put in the info please add your preferred user name or your trading name or words to that effect, and then they just add john doe or JD Enterprises and the problem is solved yes or no ?. anyway over it now, hope it gets sorted so you like it. cheers.

Ed
May 28, 2017, 08:10 PM
Ed the solution you are doing is good. I too had done this but there are many areas which will need this mod for it to work. You have only done it on -> listing_details_seller.tpl <-
Very soon you will need to search for other templates which are showing Full Name to affect this changes to show company name.

One of the mods includes doing the same in /includes/classesrlAccount.class.php

We haven't spoke about Android and IOS app either?? because the mod you do on the website will not reflect on both app.

In other words your website will be showing company name whilst your app will be showing Full Name

So I am pushing for a review be done for a better solution to this is from the makers end.

Hello Errol !

I've been thinking about this, you're absolutely right, this modification will not affect the (App), I want to buy the (Apps)!!!!

People can not understand what we're trying to say, it's that simple, but it's of great importance.

I do not know if it's because I'm using Google Translate, it seems that nobody can understand, I've already put giant images, but it does not solve.

They are thinking that it is in alphabetical search, is not it! I am referring to the display of the Company Name

The temporary solution that I posted here in the forum, is for versions (4.5.2) with auto_flatty and auto_wide templates

This subject is a matter of (Market / Business Vision), I know from 5 (Five) Automotive Listing Platforms (Triumphant), none displays the First Name and Last Name of the Company Owner, but the Company Name

I want to ask a question for everyone here in the forum!

Who Gives More Profit to a Listings Platform?

Companies or Individuals?

Pete Young
May 28, 2017, 09:24 PM
Ed now we also do not understand ? well I think we do, but why not explain in a simple way and lets see ?

let me see

if name field is blank the email prefix shows and may present a security risk ? ok = make it a required field ?
if a person adds a name you get upset if they are a company and company name does not show ? = put company name there and re word help to show this ?

what else is there please add.

what about add listing without register as from memory this works from email for user name ? does this affect your theory? and what about face book connect ? does this affect or are these both out ? some of us silly people have been working with and still are working with business for over 40 years and I could take that to 100 car yards and not have a problem at all with any of them, so do not see the problem, so just maybe I do not understand what your problem is, so yes please explain.

Ed
May 28, 2017, 10:44 PM
Hi, Pete!

The question is simple see:

All fields marked with * are required.

// Fields of registration for a Company interested in advertising.
Company Name: *(required)
First Name: *(required), Used only for internal control and other purposes
Last Name: *(required), Used only for internal control and other purposes
Other fields, etc ...

// Fields of registration for a Particular Seller or (Buyer) interested in advertising.
First Name: *(required)
Last Name: *(required)
Other fields, etc ...

... There in front of the system (Front-End) ...

// If it's a Company The problem is only here
Company Name: (displays for all)
First Name: (Will not be shown to the public, but serves for internal control and other purposes)
Last Name: (Will not be shown to the public, but serves for internal control and other purposes)
Data Output -> We do not want First Name and Last Name to appear, it will only be displayed to us Administrators (Admin Panel)
Data Output -> Company Name and other fields, Phone, etc...

// If it's a Private Seller or (Buyer)
First Name: (displays for all)
Last Name: (displays for all)
Data Output -> Name + Last Name and the other fields, Phone, etc ...

Note:
The Company Name field will have the following description "This Field will appear on your Page and within Ads"

Analyze this above very calmly and very affectionate, it is very simple

Thank You !!!!

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 01:35 AM
wow, all of that 2 different rego options yes ? one could ask why but does not matter as it is not important,

next where you say is a problem if that company name is added in Name it is shown across and displays for all, and names and last names can be controlled for internal and they need not be 2 fields ? but again who cares. and all data can be controlled how you want now. so there is no problem that I am aware of?

last part is fine. so again everything you want can be done now, it works at every level and no need to programme any thing or upset quick register of facebook connect.

and Ed I am calm affectionate? lol no never and it seems like simple has been taken and made hard, you want to re code half of everything add more check buttons and options for this and that for what? so what happens in quick register or face book connect which uses the email prefix and there is no trading name? do we also write an if statement that then reverts everything backwards and puts it back as it is now just in case ? and you say you only want first and last names visible to admin if a business ? what about if the business wants to show their names, do you not even bother, if they want to show it let them add it or leave it out very simple ?

dang a lot of confusion, for such a simple fix? I will re write my details to see if I can do exactly what you want without any changes, and post it up, but I guess that will be still wrong because we are not supposed to re name a field or change them around and I am all wrong? for that ?

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 02:24 AM
Ok Ed & Errol, I have re worked my registration to do everything and more than what you want, I am guessing for some reason it will be still wrong for you ? but every single concern you have is easily fixed and also improved on what you currently have. but before I go through it I will start and save you the trouble by saying I am wrong and do not understand.

Ok first steps.

1. Re Name First Name to Display Name (This takes away all confusion when filling out the form, as it clearly says what it is "a display name" and I have worded the info as - (Your preferred Name, User Name or Trading Name, your Display Name will appear on your Pages and within your Ads.) Ed this also covers your wording at the end and describes exactly what it is as well as the title, simply no confusion and hopefully we can all agree on this.

2. Hide and deactivate Last Name, it is not needed and only confuses the issue. * You could re name this account manager Name make it compulsory and then select it to hide from public view ? not tried this but it should work if you wanted that option.

3. Re Name Company Name to Trading Name. Your choice if you do this but there are many forms of business and company is only one of them. I have worded help like this (Shown in your public profile and is also used as a search option if people are looking for you in the members account pages.) This way if they are a company or business they can add details here or choose to leave it blank if they do not have a trading name, pretty simple and straight forward.

4. Added a new field called Contact Name and added the help option as (The contact name is optional and is shown in your public profile and should only be used if the contact name is already public or you wish it to be public, such as support / help desk personnel or a business owners name.) this way if a company wishes to add a public name or not it is their choice and improves upon hidden and also allows for a nominated contact name of the company to be added not just the person registering the account.

5. all other fields are optional except location, but people can choose what they do.

Now Ed and Errol, there is not one combination of anything you have put forward in any way that can not be achieved with this setup ? it will work with quick register, facebook connect and needs zero programming or changes and does every single thing you want and more ?

anyway done with it, so good luck from here guys, Ed the wife hopes to get back into New York again in the near future so maybe we can touch base and I can buy you a beer.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbhUnfXEYP

Errol
May 29, 2017, 03:58 AM
We would like to use the following fields below:
Company Name, First Name, Last Name

Show us an example with these 3 fields and make company name display when we click on seller's info

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 04:45 AM
Errol, Mate I have showed you a work around that works, if you are unable or do not wish to rename some fields than there is nothing I can do to make your wish come true.

That could be done in what you also wish by renaming first name to company name but would then not work if it were not a company, so I guess if you wish to remain adamant about names and fields you will need to get a custom job done on your site.

Just imagine if flynax never named the first field first name if we would be going through this conversation? I think not, anyway I wish you well in your set up, you have the answer and an easy fix but if you wish to remain firm in your quest then as above get a custom modification.

I can also say that with what I have shown you I could sign 100 car yards and not one would have a problem, so I am a little confused as to your digging your toes in on such a simple solution. The first Field (Display Name) is your Company Name or your Name or your preferred user Name, not that hard really.

Ed
May 29, 2017, 05:59 AM
Hi, Pete!

But the keys: (First_name) and (Last_name) can not be empty! If they are empty, the Administration Panel will display (N/A), in the Name column, understood?

The system concatenates these two keys and transforms into full name.

Thanks !!

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 06:25 AM
not sure I have that problem ed ? I will check and let you know but as far as I know you only need the first one (field) and that can then be first and last names in one, and if that's compulsory it should all be fine. I will check though and let you know.

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 07:20 AM
Ed you only need first name and second name is not required so it all works well with no problems at all.

The only thing would be not to use last name for this, so thanks for the heads up on that
* You could re name this account manager Name make it compulsory and then select it to hide from public view ? not tried this but it should work if you wanted that option.

you could although create a new field for that if you wanted.

Ed
May 29, 2017, 07:17 PM
Hi, Pete!

Okay?

What did Viktor and Curtis say about it?

Thank You!

Ed

Errol
May 29, 2017, 08:03 PM
Hi Pete Young,

As I said Flynax is not perfect so I highlighted a point/bug/fix to them so they can analyze and make software better/flexible for all... if needed... without doing these "workaround".

Please allow them look into the matter.

NOTE: I have done all these workaround months ago. So give me a chance to make a suggest. If they see it beneficial to all users and not me only I am sure they will at some point implementing it.

Priority Field Display <- Do you think this request is a waste of time or an unreasonable request?

There are 3 ways to fix this issue.

1. Get rid of First_Name and Last_Name Field and use only one Field - Display Name (Concatenate required for live websites - not good for future development)
2. Change First_Name Field to Display Name and Disable Last_name Field. (Concatenate required for live websites and deletion of data in Last_name field - not good for future development)
3. Keep all fields First_Name, Last_Name, Company_name and assign priority Display Order for user to choose which name to display. (click of a button - Perfect for future development)

Out of the box Flynax comes with First_name, Last_name, Company Name which are all critical fields so I choose option 3 which is most flexible for long term and short term administration.

With your suggestion which I have done many times as test...

1. In the existing and live website database you will need to concatenate first_name and last_name to make your new display_name field.
(Your solution is good for initial setup and hoping your structure will not change).

2. In the future if you want to revert to a First name, Last_name basis and separate Company Name you will need to go again and try separate the First_Name from Last_Name which u have concatenated also identify which name is company name different from a First_Name Last_Name.

The aim is:

When a client register as Dealer the company name must be shown as priority although the user fills the First Name, Last Name and Company Name Field (This is not so in current Flynax setup).

All 3 fields are critical to have with out workaround.

So option 3 fix will give the software administration the flexibility to choose depending on the need or marketing in their country or user choice.

Do your understand now?

My question to you is 3 years from now you want to restructure your website to use First Name, Last Name and not Display name what will you do?

It is not possible but a lot of work with your setup. However, with the request I made it is less than 3 secs.

Errol
May 29, 2017, 09:25 PM
Hi Pete Young,

And yet again you do not understand feedback/request to make software better from your comment below:

it would be impossible for flynax to build a base site that meets every single persons requirements and is why we all need to edit the base for our own needs, I do not see the how in any way what people want can not be achieved and if not then why not get a custom job done.

Flynax is not perfect so others submit request/feedback and flynax will decide if it is needed. There is an category in this forum for Features Requests (Do you have good ideas for new Flynax functionality?). They are not building to suite everyone but taking point and implementing what make sense in their base product.

I am sure they would love to have a software to suite everyone

A handful of us made the suggestion of a "Single Post Page"... For my users it is tedious to click next, next , next so I made a request for a Single Post Page <- maybe you might not see this as important but a minority does.

I want to suggest also that for fix-menu to have a second logo so when the page scroll and the menu is fixed the second logo which is an icon appears that takes up less space to the right so more main menus can appear <- this also might not make sense to you because you are ok with your template.

So let the request of Priority Field Display go through the channel without any workaround to confuse flynax or deter them from not looking at the request.

The idea is let us suggest and let flynax decide what to put in the base.... they are counting on our input/feedback.

So in other words if you can assist to achieve a request fine but do not look at a request as people wanting flynax to build a software that meets everyone at this time (All suggestions/feedbacks relating to flynax software will be coming from user personal point of view or experience).

Again let Flynax decide. No suggestion is invalid. Less workaround out of the box is always better.

Ed
May 29, 2017, 09:54 PM
Hi, Errol!

I have friends who own car dealerships and they are helping me by telling you what resellers expect from an automotive ad platform, so if you reason there are a lot of people involved in it, see:

Errol & Customers (200 + or -) -> Have been able to identify this issue (Customers are also included)

Ed (Edno) & Customers (200 + or -) -> Have been able to identify this problem (Customers are also included)

I talked and asked for 20 Automobile Dealers (Companies):

Would you like your names and surnames to be displayed to the public?

Answer from Automobile Dealers (Companies): Negative, who wants to know my first name and last name, please come to my store in person, talk to the attendant, identify yourself, inform the subject and wait in the reception room will be happy In serving him.

But we Automotive Resellers (Companies) know that a system needs First Name and Surname for internal identification and control, this is very good, it means that the system is very organized, but only the Site Administrator can see this information.

Conclusion: Automobile Dealers (Companies) will not refuse to fill in the First Name and Second Name fields, they said that this information is useful and indispensable for the Administrator (Control Panel), but it should not be displayed in front of the site.

Instead of displaying First Name and Last Name, Display the Company Name (Key) (Companies)

If it is a Company:
Displays the (Company Name)
Use First Name and Second Name only for identification and internal control of the system (Administrator), do not display them

If you are a Private Seller:
Displays the (First Name + Last Name = Full Name)

I would like to ask only a response from the Flynax team, if you are not from the Flynax team, please do not reply

Best regards

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 11:02 PM
Hi Pete Young,
As I said Flynax is not perfect so I highlighted a point/bug/fix to them so they can analyze and make software better/flexible for all... if needed... without doing these "workaround".
Please allow them look into the matter.

you win it is not a bug and you are set in your ways, good luck with it buddy just trying to help you with an option that works well, but alas. I have read your comments and agree on future upgrades and lets hope one day they come into play.

Pete Young
May 29, 2017, 11:05 PM
I would like to ask only a response from the Flynax team, if you are not from the Flynax team, please do not reply
Best regards

Mate it is a public forum, you do not get to dictate who says what and is plain rude to make that call, a very rude reply for people just trying to help you and not appreciated reply exit left. It is people like this as to the reason nobody bothers to help anyone around here, anymore and I am about to become another one who does not bother.

Ed
May 29, 2017, 11:09 PM
Hi, Flynax Team!

Answer from Automobile Dealers (Companies): Negative, who wants to know my first name and last name, please come to my store in person, talk to the attendant, identify yourself, inform the subject and wait in the reception room will be happy In serving him. “This is a matter of Professional Ethics” added the Chief Executive Officer.

But we Automotive Resellers (Companies) know that a system needs First Name and Surname for internal identification and control, this is very good, means that the system is very organized, but only the Site Administrator (System) can see this information.

Conclusion: Automobile Dealers (Companies) will not refuse to fill in the First Name and Second Name fields, they said that this information is useful and indispensable for the Administrator (Control Panel), but it should not be displayed in front of the site.

Instead of displaying First Name and Last Name, Display the Company Name (Key) (Companies)

If it is a Company:
Use First Name and Last Name only for identification and internal control of the system (Administrator), do not display them

We would like to request a response from the Flynax Team only, if you are not from the Flynax Team, please do not reply.

This request is an agreement of Gentlemen.

Thank you all

Have a good work week!

Best regards

nirvano
June 3, 2017, 11:59 AM
Hi, Flynax Team!

Answer from Automobile Dealers (Companies): Negative, who wants to know my first name and last name, please come to my store in person, talk to the attendant, identify yourself, inform the subject and wait in the reception room will be happy In serving him. “This is a matter of Professional Ethics” added the Chief Executive Officer.

But we Automotive Resellers (Companies) know that a system needs First Name and Surname for internal identification and control, this is very good, means that the system is very organized, but only the Site Administrator (System) can see this information.

If it is a Company:
Use First Name and Last Name only for identification and internal control of the system (Administrator), do not display them

We would like to request a response from the Flynax Team only, if you are not from the Flynax Team, please do not reply.

This request is an agreement of Gentlemen.

Thank you all

Have a good work week!

Best regards

Perfect ;)

autocy
June 17, 2017, 08:49 AM
we integrated company name in account manager...2437
it would be a great feature if it was implemented in next update...

Ed
June 18, 2017, 05:04 AM
Hi Autocy!

Please help us resolve this issue by submitting your feedback to the Flynax team, the next version needs this fix.

Thank you!

Errol
August 6, 2017, 03:57 PM
Hello Flynax
Are we looking into this issue for version 4.6

This is critical

Mike
August 7, 2017, 09:44 AM
As i see only 'fixed' place with First Name-Last Name is the Contact Seller box on listing details page and also some emails.

The rest of the places can be regulated with Account Form Builders (Browse form and 'Alphabetic search priority field')

https://auto.demoflynax.com/admin/index.php?controller=account_types&action=edit&type=dealer

Yes, we of course interested to make the software perfect powerful and flexible, but as for me issue is not so important to create a separate manager or function.

My proposed solution is to use Alphabetic search priority field as priority field also for "Dealer name" (let's call it so).

Rename it appropriately - "Dealer name and alphabetic search field" and use as first choice for Dealer name building, if not available then use current logic - First name + Last name > Username

Errol
August 7, 2017, 10:51 AM
Hello Mike
Did you carefully read the issues that i face using the auto classified on page 1

Mike
August 7, 2017, 11:07 AM
Hello Errol,

Yes i read, did it again just now. And i still think my solution is ok.

Let's detail where is misunderstanding -

1. as i understand main issue is to make Company Name to be displayed on AD Detail page in Contact Seller box ?
And if company name is not available display First, Last names.

2. Also it would be good to make it configurable different for different account types? (company, realer, reseller etc.)

Ed
August 8, 2017, 04:18 AM
Hello Mike!

Okay?

On this issue, put yourself in the place of a (big company) selling New and Used Cars.

Would you like Your Name or Company Name displayed?

No company, will ever want the name of the owner to be revealed on the site.

Every (large) company invests in "Visual Identity" and "Marketing", they want to display the name of the store, the logo and the institutional colors only, nothing more.

Whoever wants to know the name of the owner of a large company, go to her personally, talk to the receptionist and wait for the owner in the waiting room, he will introduce himself by saying the Name and Last Name.

This is a matter of (professional ethics as I see it). Many friends my car resale owners told me they do not want to reveal their Names(Confidential Information), but rather the Company Name(Public Information).

NOTE 1: We are not discarding the First and Last Name, we will need them, but for internal system identification only.
NOTE 2: When you are a Private Seller, it is okay to display your First Name and Last Name.

I would like to make it very clear that this request is not mine, but my customers (owners of new and used car dealers).

We are asking for this correction because we are thinking (big) and coherently / professionally.

Where is the professionalism? If the platform (Flynax) can not understand this, she is thinking small, not giving importance to the professional salesmen of the branch.

A company is totally different from the private seller:

Look at these three questions below ...

1 - Which company invests in the name of the owner?
Re: None

2 - What does a company want everyone to know?
Re: The brand, the company name, the slogan, the logo.

3 - What can cause a (large) company to stop advertising on a site?
Re: Expose sensitive data and sensitive data to the public. Ex: Owner's first and last name.

Now look at this question ...

1 - Why does not the Flynax company display the owner's name on the site?
Re: For the same reason cited above and because it is confidential, what matters is the Flynax brand.

This is what we are trying to explain here in the forum, we are trying to improve the Flynax platform so that it can be number one.

Final Conclusion:

Company
We will need the following data:
A - Company Name (will be displayed in all blocks of the site)
B - First Name and Last Name, for control (will not be displayed), only the administrator can see in the administration panel.

Private Seller/Buyer
We will need the following data:
A - First Name and Last Name, (both will be displayed) no problem.

I ask that I be sorry for the sincerity, I am being frank, if I said something inconvenient tell me so I can remove.

Kind Regards.

Errol
August 8, 2017, 05:10 PM
Hello Mike,

I am pretty much about to given up trying to explain to flynax how an auto industry operates when it come on to advertisement. Sadly I bought the software already hoping for a in house solution.

Flynax is a great classifieds but for an Auto Classifieds it lack this MAIN inclusion. I will implore you to please read this entire thread and do a research before putting a foot down.

1. When a dealer signs up we need to Capture the First Name, Last Name, Company Name. All these fields are mandatory.
2. When the dealer post an item the Company Name MUST (if filled) be shown throughout all aspect of the website NOT First name or Last Name. If a message or email is sent it MUST show sender the company name.

In your country when a car is being advertised to be sold by a company/dealer what do you see a "personal name" or "company name"? (this is not just for auto classifieds)

NEXT

Say for example if on signup we captured company name only? if there is an issue who do we contact the company? the First Name and Last Name will serve as a direct point of contact and also use as verification and security purpose.

MY Last Question?

What is the purpose of this company field you have given us in this current version software. For administrative purpose?

IF Company name SHOW Company Name
ELSEIF show First Name and Last Name
ELSE show username

I would think version 4.6 would address this

You given us in software 3 fields Company Name, First Name, Last Name and we want to use ALL these fields for data collection!

Now please explain to me how would your below quoted solution work??? I am not making any sense of this!

As i see only 'fixed' place with First Name-Last Name is the Contact Seller box on listing details page and also some emails.

The rest of the places can be regulated with Account Form Builders (Browse form and 'Alphabetic search priority field')

https://auto.demoflynax.com/admin/in...it&type=dealer

Yes, we of course interested to make the software perfect powerful and flexible, but as for me issue is not so important to create a separate manager or function.

My proposed solution is to use Alphabetic search priority field as priority field also for "Dealer name" (let's call it so).

Rename it appropriately - "Dealer name and alphabetic search field" and use as first choice for Dealer name building, if not available then use current logic - First name + Last name > Username

Mike
August 9, 2017, 04:18 AM
Ed, Errol - i understand your reasons and arguments and they are very welcome. I'm glad that customers do research like this, share thoughts and we discuss it like this to make the product better.

But i'm thinking more technically and my goal to concretize it as much as possible in order to find appropriate solution.

Please help me to do it:

1. We have all 3 fields on their places on registration and edit profile pages (Company name, First Name, Last Name)

2. We need to display different field on Contact Forms and other public places depending on account type. For Private Seller it will be (First Name+Last Name)

3. We need to hide First name and Last name from public places for account types like 'Big Company' and leave it for internal use like email messages

Please correct me if i wrong.

Errol
August 9, 2017, 04:29 PM
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Correct

Point 1. Company have Sale Representatives
Point 2. Sale Representatives sell on behave of company
Point 3. Company can fire or hire sales representative at anytime hence company does not advertise First Name & Last Name on classified ads/ public places.
Point 4. Owners of company/business loves to advertise Business name not sales representative name. Point 4

When user sign up as dealer - Company Name, First Name & Last Name must be filled:
a. The First Name and Last Name must be hidden from public places. (First Name and Last Name is used internally for website administration: to contact owner/sales representative by name, verify legitimacy of company etc...)
b. Company Name must be shown at all times because company loves to advertise company name/business.

See website for example:
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/vitz/21391916/
Dealer display company name to public and hide first name and last name -> ATSUMI MOTORS CO., LTD.

If this was a private seller then First Name/Last Name would be display.

Once the post belongs to Businesses, Companies, Agencies etc..... then Company Name must take precedence in public display

Seller/Private seller:
First Name (visible to public domain) (visible on registration form)
Last Name (visible to public domain) (visible on registration form)

Dealer:
Company Name - (visible to public domain) (visible on registration form)
First Name (hidden from public domain) (visible on registration form)
Last Name (hidden from public domain) (visible on registration form)

Make Company Name (if filled) ALWAYS take 1st display priority before First Name and Last Name

This principle of putting company name and hide real name is not only for Auto Classifieds but for all classifieds.
Company do this to protect company's name from bad publicity example: say First Name /Last name commits an offense and is prosecuted. First name/last name is displayed as contact on all company ads???
Sorry if I repeat myself but I need you to understand

Ivan Amador
March 8, 2019, 05:54 AM
Hello! I would like to know what happened with this request?

Ed
March 10, 2019, 01:32 AM
Hello! I would like to know what happened with this request?

The Flynax team understands that this request is not important.

Without this small modification the classified sites will offer an amateur service for professionals.

Amateur Classifieds -> Professionals and Amateurs :(

With this small modification the classified sites will offer a professional service for professionals.

Professional Classifieds -> Professionals and Amateurs :D

Jason Barbour
March 19, 2019, 06:54 AM
My listings all have an 'invisible' "Seller Type" field. I was able to get around this by editing /templates/{your-template}/tpl/blocks/listing_details_seller.tpl and changing line 27: {$seller_info.Full_name}

to

{if $listing_data.seller_type_field eq 'seller_type_cdcretail'}
{$seller_info.company_name}

{elseif $listing_data.seller_type_field eq 'seller_type_cdcwholesale'}

{elseif $listing_data.seller_type_field eq 'seller_type_standard_dealer'}

{else}
{$seller_info.Full_name}
{/if}

The {else} section allows my private sellers to have their names displayed while all others display the dealer name. I haven't tried, but I think the code could be modified to pull the account_type so you wouldn't need to add another listing field. There's probably a more eloquent way to write that, but it works.

-Jason

ETA: Sorry, I hadn't read the entire thread and just saw that this solution was already presented. Also, it won't work if you use the IOS/Android Apps.