PDA

View Full Version : There is a bug in numeric fields! Account details

Steffen Buschkemper
May 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
The first number if it is a 0 (zero) will be deleted.
In the Account details for example:

Zip code for Zwickau is 08060
After the saving zip code is 8060.

The same in phone numbers!

Is there any solution?

Viktor
May 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
Hello Steffen Buschkemper,

You can fix it manually in phpMyadmin.

Go to listings table >> Structure find field with name 'b_zip' or 'zip' or 'zip_code' and click edit this field.
Then in 'Type' for field change it from 'int' to 'varchar' and lick save.

Then go to listing_feilds table >> Browse find field with this key and click edit then find parameter 'Type' and change it from 'numeric' to 'text' and click save.

See attach files.

Steffen Buschkemper
May 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
Thank you Victor! I've already fixed tonight with the same solution.
But the Problem is its not a numeric field and the user can put in everything.
Hope it will fixed in the next version. ;)

Viktor
June 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hello Steffen,

But the Problem is its not a numeric field and the user can put in everything.
Hope it will fixed in the next version.

Would you please explain me in more details. Because I don't understand you a bit.

Steffen Buschkemper
June 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
The problem is varchar and text. my page is only for germany. Our zipcodes are only numeric. I think about usability for users.
If i set it to varchar and the field to text the user can input aA-zZ and 0-9. German users must only input 0-9 as zip-code. Thats a problem of usability.

Viktor
June 22, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hello Steffen Buschkemper,

I can try to make wonderwork but you can to create a ticket with your request and include ftp access details in.

Parasca Iulian eugen
June 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
Viktor i think the resolve ( patch ) of this bug must be public somehow , i'm sure more users like me and Steffen have this problem, more then the zip code and the phone have the same problem with 0 at the begining of the field and the phone number cant be longer then 10 caracters ( why? )

all this patches are inserted in the original package of the software?... the ideea is that if i download and install on a clear db i dont want the watch forums to see why when and how to re..re..re..patch.

second i'l be more then happy if you guys haved an security mailnews ( group or something ) where i can easy get security patches. Some of us dont stay 24/24 on a forum to see what problems can reise from others and i dint knew about it.

Thank you

T.Bogdan
SysAdmin

Petrache Nicolae
June 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
Viktor i think the resolve ( patch ) of this bug must be public somehow , i'm sure more users like me and Steffen have this problem, more then the zip code and the phone have the same problem with 0 at the begining of the field and the phone number cant be longer then 10 caracters ( why? )

all this patches are inserted in the original package of the software?... the ideea is that if i download and install on a clear db i dont want the watch forums to see why when and how to re..re..re..patch.

second i'l be more then happy if you guys haved an security mailnews ( group or something ) where i can easy get security patches. Some of us dont stay 24/24 on a forum to see what problems can reise from others and i dint knew about it.

Thank you

T.Bogdan
SysAdmin

all of us have this issue. in my case i received the sugestion to replace the numeric field with a text till the next update wich should come in 2-3 weeks. if a fix was found, it should be posted here so we can all benefit.

Peter Jonsson
July 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
Ye i have this problem to. the 0 at start are gone. Would liove to have this fixed so i can change back to numeric only in the some fields i have like the zipcode and phonenumbers.

John
July 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Hello Guys,
The issue with the first 0 which you are discussing in this thread already solved in Flynax 4.1.0
Please wait for update, it will be released soon!

John

kiowa
September 1, 2019, 04:28 AM
Hello Guys,
The issue with the first 0 which you are discussing in this thread already solved in Flynax 4.1.0
Please wait for update, it will be released soon!

John

Hello john its now 2019 and i use version 4.7.2 and still the numeric field wont take a "0".
Im in australia and i need to be able to use a "0" infront of a phone number and a mobile number.

any help on this?

Viktor
September 2, 2019, 04:40 AM
Very strange, because I have checked it on the latest version of the product and you can add 0 to each part of the phone field.

kiowa
September 2, 2019, 05:08 AM
Very strange, because I have checked it on the latest version of the product and you can add 0 to each part of the phone field.

Hello victor, yes the phone number works. Im talking aabout the mobile number if you create a numerical field. It ommits the 0 infront of the number.

kiowa
September 2, 2019, 08:05 AM
ok victor, you r right.

My work around is to create another phone type reg field, call it mobile and change the area code to 4 and number to 6 that way i get to punch in a 10 digit mobile number with a "0" infront.
Im happy now i can carry on.