PDA

View Full Version : Add listing Steps count problem

PGGO
May 8, 2012, 12:55 AM
When I add a new listing, the page shows me 6 Steps to complete; however, after I selected a category, it jumps to the 2nd Step and shows me only 4 Steps to complete.
Please refer to the snapshots in attachment.

Chris Brown
May 8, 2012, 05:00 AM
Hover over the 1 2 3 4 5 steps image it should tell u what they say and you can see whats steps have been cutout. may make more sense

In your first image your on category selection so i guess the system will assume that you will need all steps depending on the category you choose.
In your second image you have choosen the category so now its giving the actaul steps for that category.

PGGO
May 8, 2012, 06:13 AM
OK, it makes sense now.
If I understand correctly, the Steps are based on selected Listing Plan.

It’s still looks unfriendly, since the numbers does not correspond to Steps involved.
For instance: it will be much better to give Names for these Steps rather than use Numbers.

Example: Category -> Listing Plan -> Details -> Pictures > etc.

Q: is there any way to change the Numbers into Names (words)?

Mike
May 8, 2012, 06:55 AM
Try following:

open includes/controllers/add_listing.inc.php

find code

$show_step_caption = false;
$rlSmarty -> assign_by_ref( 'show_step_caption', $show_step_caption);

change it to

$show_step_caption = true;
$rlSmarty -> assign_by_ref( 'show_step_caption', $show_step_caption);

Not sure what it does but seems what you need.

PGGO
May 8, 2012, 07:35 AM
Thank you Mike, it works!

In addition, is there any chance to get rid of “Done”, which is the last Step?
So, I can display only “Checkout” as a last Step.
Because this page already shows too many Steps, and this "Done" just sounds like another one.

Please refer to snapshot in attachment.

Mike
July 26, 2012, 05:23 AM
open templates/your_tpl/controller/add_listing.tpl

<!-- steps -->
<table class="steps">
<tr>
{assign var='allow_link' value=true}
{foreach from=$steps item='step' name='stepsF' key='step_key'}
{if $cur_step == $step_key || !$cur_step}{assign var='allow_link' value=false}{/if}
<td id="step_{$step_key}" class="{if $smarty.foreach.stepsF.first}active{/if}{if !$show_step_caption && $smarty.foreach.stepsF.last} last{/if}">
<div><a href="{if $allow_link}{$rlBase}{if $config.mod_rewrite}{$pageInfo.Path}{if $step_key == 'category'}.html?edit{else}/{$category.Path}/{$steps.$step_key.path}.html{/if}{else}?page={$pageInfo.Path}&amp;id={$category.ID}&amp; step={$steps.$step_key.path}{if $step_key == 'category'}&amp;edit{/if}{/if}{else}javascript:void(0){/if}" title="{$step.name}">{if $step.caption}<b>{$smarty.foreach.stepsF.iteration}</b>{if $show_step_caption}. {$step.name}{/if}{else}{$step.name}{/if}</a></div>
</td>
{/foreach}
</tr>
</table>
<!-- steps -->

change to

<!-- steps -->
<table class="steps">
<tr>
{assign var='allow_link' value=true}
{foreach from=$steps item='step' name='stepsF' key='step_key'}
{if $step_key != 'done'}
{if $cur_step == $step_key || !$cur_step}{assign var='allow_link' value=false}{/if}
<td id="step_{$step_key}" class="{if $smarty.foreach.stepsF.first}active{/if}{if !$show_step_caption && $smarty.foreach.stepsF.last} last{/if}">
<div><a href="{if $allow_link}{$rlBase}{if $config.mod_rewrite}{$pageInfo.Path}{if $step_key == 'category'}.html?edit{else}/{$category.Path}/{$steps.$step_key.path}.html{/if}{else}?page={$pageInfo.Path}&amp;id={$category.ID}&amp; step={$steps.$step_key.path}{if $step_key == 'category'}&amp;edit{/if}{/if}{else}javascript:void(0){/if}" title="{$step.name}">{if $step.caption}<b>{$smarty.foreach.stepsF.iteration}</b>{if $show_step_caption}. {$step.name}{/if}{else}{$step.name}{/if}</a></div>
</td>
{/if}
{/foreach}
</tr>
</table>
<!-- steps -->

brand391
July 27, 2015, 05:55 PM
any solution to take out -done- the last step for wide template?